Thread: help needed / info

help needed / info

Well I'm in need of a bit of info from my Australian turbo buddies
    Going to be moving out there in January ( melboure vic area ) and bikes coming with me (well bike is hopefully being shipped late November )
    I need to know what the regulations are running a turbo and what if any problems you have come across
    I have a mate who also has moved out there and his bike (turbo ) is on transit ) via container and he's now read up on some bits and he's a bit worried that turbo will after be removed .....
    Any info / help would be appreciated and a beer or two will be rewarded once I get out there
    Cheers mark

ps bike already in transit has import approval paperwork

Weekend Warrior
    I bought a Jap import from Vic about 10 years ago and I remember that it came with an engineering cert that was required in order to get rego.
    I'm pretty certain This is to ensure the Bike is ADR compliant before it gets checked for roadworthy. The good news is, the same engineer you choose to check for ADR compliance should be able to supply a cert to say that your turbo is installed correctly, that the brakes are good enough to get you out of the trouble the turbo can get you in to, and that the frame isn't gonna tear itself to pieces when you blip the throttle. once you have the engineers tick in the box, roadworthy and registration should be relatively painless. Also that tick in the box will keep the Police from issuing a defect notice (for the turbo at least).

Just keep in mind that if you move to another state, depending on which one, that engineers cert could become worthless, This is what I found with my jap import when I had it change to NSW rego. Had to spend $650 to have an RMS approved engineer come and recheck for ADR compliance because NSW RMS don't trust the VIC roads Approved engineers for some stupid reason.

Keep in mind what I have learnt about all this comes from personal experiences. I could be a bit off the mark. If you jump onto the VIC roads webpage there should be some info there that could help you.
    https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...ported-vehicle
    https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...al-certificate

btw, welcome to the madness, that bike will come up mint when she's done!
    Last edited by MuZ; 10-10-2015 at 06:59 AM.

thanks for the reply
    im a member had to login via facebook cos forgot my password details lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10418445_10204590888477639_7558133667825379533_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	7260bike im bringing over

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    You have to have the blow off valve plumed back into the feed side of the turbo...... Or remove it for the engineers cert and put it back on afterwards...
    That number plate mount won't pass either, must be able to see the plate from 45° both sides.
    Front mud guard is needed.
    Maybe a rear too.

Blog Entries
    I remember your other half/half bike mate. Good to have you over.

cheers peeps for the info
    is there a way of bringing it over as a part project to finish over there in my own time ??????
    im just wondering ?????
    its just in case i run out of time !!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    I cant imagine bringing the bike over would be an issue. its when your finished the build and go to get it registered is where you would have to jump through hoops