Thread: 2015 Scrapheap Adventure Ride

ASF Gold Full Member

2015 Scrapheap Adventure Ride

https://scrapheap2015.everydayhero.c...russell-gibson

Myself and two mates have entered this years ride. Me on my 1981 DR500 that I've modded to make falling over a bit harder

My brother is on a 1990 DR650 RS and a mate on his 2003 XT600. They all fall well below the Scrapheap limit of $1,000. We'll be leaving Wollongong and riding as many back roads as we can to get to Urana, a little place SW of Wagga. Were everyone will be gathering from Qld, Vic and NSW. Much beer and bullshit will then happen.
    The point is to raise money for Down Syndrome NSW. So if you can find a few coins down the back of the lounge and click on the link up the top, it will be greatly appreciated. I know times are tough, but if you could tip in a few dollars Banditrod will lick your ear (I probably should clear that with him first, but I'm sure he's up for it!)
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Top job mate top job indeed

Blog Entries
    Awesome work Russ!

ASF Gold Full Member
    Thanks guys. Not quite in your league ozzy, but a whole ton 'o' fun!
    Thanks heaps Si, much appreciated
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudie View Post
    Thanks guys. Not quite in your league ozzy, but a whole ton 'o' fun!
    Thanks heaps Si, much appreciated
    outfits are not that easy to get right so if it works more power to you lol

ASF Gold Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1100 View Post
    outfits are not that easy to get right so if it works more power to you lol
    Oh it works. I've no idea how it's supposed to feel, so I guess I got it right?
    It was diabolical to start with and I assumed I would just have to accept it as it was. But after string lining it I realised that all three wheels were pointing in a different direction. I got the bike wheels in line then set the car wheel a bit "toe in" and it was a different vehicle! Suspension settings are a bit beyond the scope of adjustment for a truly good ride as it is a 1981 model bike with a shock that I scrounged from a wrecker. Anyhoo, it's a bit of fun

Blog Entries
    And that's why we do what we do.... Cause it's fun, you have done well

ASF Standard Full Member
    Does it wheelie that is the question?
    I could imagine you leaving the pie shop on 2 wheels.

ASF Gold Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY View Post
    Does it wheelie that is the question?
    I could imagine you leaving the pie shop on 2 wheels.
    It will indeed! And there is a fair chance that riding it like that led to its demise.
    To be fair there is nothing wrong with the sidecar, but it didn't make it home unfortunately. After the ride to Urana, during which we covered a few hundred klms of dirt (and quite a bit of time with the car in the air) the rear tyre on the bike had lost its tread. So I decided to run into Wagga for a new tyre. When I got to town, the rear was weaving around like it had a seriously buckled wheel. Turns out it was snapping spokes as I rode! When I pulled up I counted 12 fucked spokes. So I decided to unbolt the car and put its wheel on the bike so I could ride home.
    We had a great ride over a day and a half through back roads, forest roads and fire trails. It was a blast and I can't wait for next years ride! We're already making plans. But I've got to get down to Wagga and pick up the sidecar because I want the swingarm, wheel and guard to put back on my other bike.
    And lastly, to everyone who through in a few dollars, thanks heaps! It makes a big difference to the families of kids with Down Syndrome

Blog Entries
    Lol outstanding

Blog Entries
    Nice work Russ. Cheers for the update mate.