Thread: What's goin on?

Pizza delivery boy/girl

What's goin on?

I can remember a few years back this place was alive with activity, has fakebook taken over? Or is it just people very busy wrenching and building there Streeter?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Facebook seems to be to blame. That said a lot of people here no doubt have a lot going on in their lives and just don't post as much any more. Plenty of people still lurk here from what I understand.

yeah facearse has drawn people away...i suppose it is easier for people...read...lazy cunts, but i still love this site even tho it has been a bit quite of late

ASF Standard Full Member

Yeah stil lurkin in the background

Yeah still lurking in the background as I guess many are . the Facebook thing aint really for me but I guess some guys it suits. Love popping in here to catch up on some builds and see whats going on. My build has reached a stop at the mo but I suppose i will get my mojo back and eventually finish..me hopes. Traffic I guess has slowed here a few years was much busier than now but it may pick back up.

keep the faith y'all
    and on the seventh God said " I'll be back in a few hours I'm goin for a rip on the bike "

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?23591-My-93-GSXR-750-WP-Build-(what-have-I-started-)

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Streetfighters used to be home built tough bikes that were used and abused.
    The whole GSXR / Bandit etc etc thing was great, but everyone has seen it and done it now.

A lot of the "scene" turned into to "look at me" and was too much BSH for me.
    Much of the German / US stuff became more show than go, big tyres, high tails and bling.

No one wants to see the same stuff over and over again, and much of the stuff built
    to be different was just that. Not any good, just different for the sake of it.

No point in blaming facebook every time.
    Facebook didn't kill off the Magazine, it didn't kill off The April Fools Run etc etc.

It was good.
    ... But so were the days when Z900's and 350LC's ruled, but the world moves on.

Still a few folk building some nice stuff, but many find the whole Streetfighter thing
    a bit embarrassing and cringe at much of the stuff that's now part of it.

I just like big naked modified muscle bikes now.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I to think that's what street fighters were all about making old bikes keep up with the newer on a shoestring budget, well try to anyway. The show seen of them does not appeal to me.
    Sorry if this is not allowed here but I'm looking for a gsxr 1100 preferably in Sydney, know of any?

Im still building, still plugging away on my 1100 full frame build. Its frustrating sometimes because all the other responsibilities get in the way but as long as im making progress im pretty happy.
    I think people are visiting forums in general a lot less than previously on account of facebook because it allows them to share their shit to a more diverse, friend orientated crowd, in the sense that most of your non motorcycle friends would not come here to read what youve been doing in your shed but they can see it on facecunt and tell you much you suck balls there instead.
    I you all put as much of your daily shit on here as you do on other social media this place would be rife with the rude, funny and sagacious wit it was a few years ago.
    I dont have nearly as much time as i want to sit and post stuff on here or facepunch so im as guilty as the next guy but when i get some more done on the bike ill sit and write it up.
    Either way, hope your all still cunts

Blog Entries
    You'd be amazed what impact Facebook has had, but it boils down to the internet changing in general. 5-10 years ago, phones used to make phone calls. Mad hey? These days they are pocket computers so every man and his dog has a work-dodging device in his pocket. When they don't have very long to play they go stright to Facebook to see whatever they can while they are in the shitter or on lunch break etc. These same guys have ditched their computers as they take too long to load up (apparently - every second counts!). Instant gratification is in hand. Now you can take a photo on your phone and post it on Facebbok instantly. No messing around with Photobucket to store the image and then link to it. Forums were the predecessor to Facebook. I have just had to convert 100s of websites to be mobile-device-friendly as Google brought out a new policy to make the web a mobile device domain. Mobile devices are apparently the most used window of the internet now, overtaking laptops.

The only way ASF will compete again is to go mobile friendly and app based, which is all a plan for the future.

A lot of the original guys are still lurking around, but I know for a fact that the ASF Facebook pages have nearly 1700 regular visitors now compared to 200 here. Some of the old streetfighter groups have dumped their forums all together and just have a Facebook page. I think that's a bit too much eggs-in-one-basket for my liking, but things are definitely changing. Right now it's a "Can't beat 'em, join 'em" situation. We really need the fresh blood in here as the builders from the 80-90s that were so strong here seem to be winding down a lot.

It's tricky, but we ain't going away any time soon!

I still here stalking away, as said Facebook is easy to use , is on the phone and easy to hit the like button and move on but is stale and disjointed when it come to builds and info, I check in most nights just to see what has happened and add what I can. I like the way you can follow a build thread on the forum and get a real feel for what is happening but with little feed back and chatter I think its going to be a hard road to get it back to the days of old
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

ASF Premium Full Member
    I have more projects than I ever have had but its all on Facebook. GanXta Automotive Engineering if anyones interested.

Too many fkn haters on here makes it a tad waste of time to sift through the gazers who actually do any building other than troll the pages to attempt to flame someones hard earned piece of twisted metal.

I'll still pop in now and again but not until things sort themselves out a bit better and we can find a way to fk off the trolls!

Offering a view from someone that hasn't posted a great deal.

I don't consider myself an old fart but this is gonna sound like it. I don't do Facearse, I've never had an account, I don't want one. As such this forum suits me just fine and I check in every couple of days.

Although I don't really post unless I've something relating to the bike, which is usually the latest breakage/failure/minor catastrophe. I like to include a couple of pics to keep it interesting/explain what I'm getting at. This means I really don't post till the week end so I have time to dick around uploading photos. So I can appreciate the faster turn around of taking a pic with your phone and instantly updating your arseface page.

Not stating anything new that there aren't that many current builds on here like even 5 years ago. But, this has given me reason to trawl through the old builds. F@ck me there's some brilliant stuff stored away in here. There's some Turbo'd, Matt black, mono-shocked, Radial front ended old Z from an age ago that I just can't get past.

Haven't had any dramas with anyone(trolls) on here and hope not to. Again, I don't do facebook, so I'm not going anywhere soon.
    Last edited by Joycie; 20-08-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's good to hear mate! Cheers for the input.

ASF Standard Full Member
    There's no trolls here Hagarr just sarcasm. Don't fucking listen to it. I'd love to see your builds and there's a few other creative blokes on here who would too. Post them up.

I don't have fb so I just get my fix here.

Weekend Warrior
    well I think it's a good thing to have a fb page. I know a lot of ppl on this site don't care for it but seriously the stats don't lie, like Si said 1700 on fb compared to 200 on this site that's massive. Getting more ppl into fighters is all about exposure, the more getting around the better. Europe didn't get big on fighters by hiding in the dark and acting like regular bikies. They set up bike shows and hold events , meet up for a bbq, or hit the streets for a beer and use social media to their advantage, and look at them they have bike shops just for fighters popping up everywhere and group hangouts. Personally I would love to see quality fighters on the streets more and have events to go to, are we not a group of ppl who enjoy the same thing yet we hardly ever organise anything ? Why !... And yes Facebook is easy and gets us out their ever and allows ppl to see what we do ... Look how quickly cafe racer groups poped up they are everywhere ... Seriously guys what the fuck are we waiting for?.. We build awsome bikes so let's show ppl they can do it to ... More members means more money into the group... I keep seeing half built fighters for sale because ppl get over it because not enough ppl are doing it...since I have been posting pics of my ride lots of ppl start asking questions then next thing they start a build...