Thread: GSXR 750 2006-7 C42 Fault Code

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

GSXR 750 2006-7 C42 Fault Code

So when Josh had his little crash the other day he managed to smash the key to bits but not break it, basically it is now a steal pick with a key shape but it still works. My problem is it is the only key we have and I'm lead to believe it is / was chipped to talk to the ECU.

We've swapped the engine out into a new frame and it will not start, I ran the fault codes and got a C21 and C42, the C21 is the Air Intake Temperature sensor which is irrelevant.
    But the C42 is the Ignition Switch Signal or the Immobiliser.

When we hit the key it sounds like a very short prime but it doesn't send any fuel or start obviously, it does crank over nicely though which we were pleasantly surprised about.

So the question is how do I bypass the immobiliser and stop the C42 code so the bike can start ?

'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    There was no cheap fix, but it looks like we've got around it. PM if you want to know how.