Thread: getting blue slip done, advice needed

getting blue slip done, advice needed

Hi all,
    not a streetfighter talk but im looking to buy a sports bike which has renthal bars setup and a wind shield modification to allow bars rotation;
    Itll need bluey as its a qld rego and i would have to transfer to nsw, im 90% pos that ill need a bluey for that.

In regards to pasisng the insp i was wondering if renthals are going to be an issue or not im thinking a few on here would have a heap of experience when it comes to this
    cheers

Blog Entries
    Where's all the NSW guys when you need them?

i know ey

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    Yeah an interstate transfer requires a blueslip.
    If you have a quiet exhaust go to a car place and don't mention anything about it.

Shouldnt have a problem.

Yeh stock pipe is available, but that's a interesting point take it a car place and they won't care much you reckon? You passed insp with your bars did you?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    If the bars are a the biggest mod,i don't think you should have many issues. Taking it to a car place is a good tip. Some states make it difficult if its on the repairable write off register...but seeing as its just a transfer from state to state..it should be straight forward??

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    good cos my bikw needs a bluey once i move ..doesnt it weazel lol

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    There's a difference between advice and "can you get this done for me mate?"
    You pikey bastard.

Great checked ppsr looks good, it has aftermarket fairings so rego says red it's actually white hope that doesn't pose an issue. Led blinkers will have to be changed to stock ones ye?
    Thanks for all the help
    Last edited by Deemo; 01-08-2015 at 06:21 PM.

In the same boat at the moment. Can't see it being a big deal. Although I've decided to do my build first then bluey afterwards. Purely because if there is anything I need engineered I can and then if any police want to bug me I can just stuff a bunch of paperwork in their face.

Going to a car place is the go I have found servo's the best bet if you can find one that does blue slips. I am yet to engineer the turbo bike and have little to no issue
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

How'd you guys go with proof of purchase? I got my CBR from Vic which rego has just run out. Are they happy to just pass as you have the bike in your possession and doesn't register as stolen or written off on the PPSR? And all VIN and engine numbers check out? Reason I ask is I didn't get a receipt when purchased as my Brother in Melbourne sorted it for me and was a bit slack..

write a receipt
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Yella View Post
    write a receipt
    This conversation never happened..

ASF Premium Full Member
    He meant to say " search your computer files until you find one, then print out"
    more titanium than my bike

Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    He meant to say " search your computer files until you find one, then print out"
    Damn Auto correct

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Receipt or old rego paper signed up, even if it's out of rego.