Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Bought a CF Moto

Just Bought a CF Moto

hey guys i just bought a CF Moto 150cc the full fairing model i think its called a V-Night? the bike needs some work as it has been dropped and being a chinese import i think finding or ordering a new fairing kit will be a major pain in the ass so im thinking of turning it into a streetfighter

the idea is just to rip all the old fairing off and hopefully keep the digital dash but maybe relocate it than add a dirt bike headlight

has anyone converted one of these before?

i just need it road worthy to pass registration

Weekend Warrior
    Hmmm. Hyofighter recently posted that his Hayabusa needs to have all bodywork fitted to pass rego, and he needs to show receipts for all the bodywork... he's in WA, not sure if it differs from state to state.

You might find you need to bodge the bodywork for rego, then ditch it...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    You'll only need the original bodywork if it is listed on the WOVR. If it is not a written off vehicle, then not needed just for a standard RWC

thanks for the replies guys, it has the fairings with big cracks and small pieces of the fairing missing here and there

its good u guys raised that as i took my nephews KTM 520 converted to 525 plastic to a blue slip mechanic and he knocked it back because the original colour is orange and we put all white plastics on it took it to another blue slip mechanic and he passed it strait away

Blog Entries
    Yep, the mechanic can make all the difference. Ask around for one your mates use and recommend, ideally one that knows a fair bit about bikes.

forgot my tie downs was in a rush to pick up the bike so i done it red neck style lol

not bad little bike for $300 and its a 2013 model
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11703311_10205546224747637_2253696455680956728_n.jpg  

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Having a little sleep is it haha ...
    Check the 710 level and make sure you haven't filled the cylinders up

Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    Having a little sleep is it haha ...
    Check the 710 level and make sure you haven't filled the cylinders up
    haha yeah i stood the bike upright once i got home last night, still cant believe i left the tie downs at home i think i was more pissed at the time about my new LED trailer lights getting chewed by our new puppy so forgot all about the tie downs

the little bike has potential heres the bike off the trailer without the seat (left that in my nieces car) im thinking fat TAG bars with a cyclops headlight and trailtech universal speedo what do u guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg   003.jpg   007.jpg  

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking check the Indonesian guys out as they are masters of the small bike:

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ss...er+motorcycles

thanks Gix11, i cant get the bike started so ive asked over on KSRC for advice, hopefully someone can help me out and i can start the build

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Man this place has changed
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

i recovered one of those [back when i was nicking bikes ....i mean transporting bikes ..lol] see if you can get a jap carb to fit it the stock carb is junk ..if its got one and not one of those injection thingys

Bahaha Dylan, thats what i was thinking...

It's not a stolen bike guys c'mon give me some credit! i should have done this the other day but i just ran a PPSR search and its not stolen and not a write off all though if it was insured... the amount of damage to the fairings the insurance company would have wrote it as not worth repairing due to repair cost

the bike has good potential, i removing the excess shit today and took a pic

Gix11 that link was useful i joined one of the other forums much friendlier people who dont think your a thief thanks mate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 016.jpg  

i don't think people are saying you're a thief... i think they're saying that its a little tidler of a bike and not what is normal around these parts.

Blog Entries
    Ha. Gaz; Jim is an ex motorcycle recovery / transporter. He used to refer to it in all manners after the hell he went through with customers. He's not saying you're a thief!

ok cool thanks for clearing this up

yeah mate i was saying IM a theif lol .. or at least ive been accused of one a few times ..lol no worries mate im eager to see what you do with this ..i meant what i said about the carbie though

Quote Originally Posted by Jockney Rebel View Post
    yeah mate i was saying IM a theif lol .. or at least ive been accused of one a few times ..lol no worries mate im eager to see what you do with this ..i meant what i said about the carbie though
    i wouldnt know where to start looking for a replacement carby mate there could be so many factors including the right jets i would hate to blow up this engine as getting parts is impossible lol

i quickly tossed on a TAG fat bar with 15mm bar raisers just to see how it looked, i like it alot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 010.jpg   013.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast