Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm Douglas or user name badboynot fighteing my 1991 zxr750

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I got the bike like it was in the last pick mate,I cleaned it up but the harness was missing so much I tryed to get the dash working,stripped the harness then the bike sat for 12 months not going,and one pissed of bloke every time I looked at it.im glad I finally manned up and got the bike to Ian's place about 500k trip each way he saved this bike I know that I see wires and just loose my shit.i know I will get it sorted now he done the harness for me.my biggest thing was not having any lsence the last 3.5 years! So now I'm set can not waight to have it home again and get stuck into it

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    My every day bike is a gv250 hyosung,I only picked up a nother one last week that been crashed for $300.1400k road trip got it home stripped it today to sell off and keep bits,allso found a gs500 il be getting next week to clean up and prob sell off.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	7013

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    The red one I got for bits now pulled downClick image for larger version. 

Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	7014

Sounds like the ZXR will be out riding very soon!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hi mate I going to get it saterday after a day at the drags with Ian and his crew so will be good to get out and get my bike,will get it sorted but won't be able to ride it on the road until I get my full license in about 12 months so will only be doing the odd drag event wen its mostly done,I do won't to turbocharge it but again won't be for a wile

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Click image for larger version. 

Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	7094Click image for larger version. 

Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	7095. Little update went to Ian's on saterday got my bike back all wiring sorted,spent a few hrs at Sydney raceway to have a look and watch shed built race,got home after a long day just got bike fired up done oil change will pull carbs to clean out pull plugs,sort a few things out most new bits then go about sanding the white off and painting or polishing the frame and bits.so I think il start a build thread sometime on hire and show from start to finish hope to ha e the bike on the road in a couple of months or at least road going and to a drag event in a month or so.

Blog Entries
    Nice work mate. Keep up the motivation levels!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Got my self some paint stripper,taking back the white paint on the frame think il sand and polish it all in not sure yet.
    Anyways will clean subframe tomorrow wen I get time will post a few picks.think I just need to plug along and do little hire and there not all at once like I have been trying to Click image for larger version. 

Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	7096Click image for larger version. 

Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	7097

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	7098 fitted foot pegs I got a wile back looks a lot more cleaner then the old ones will mount the little blinkers soon also

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	7099Click image for larger version. 

Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	7100 the bike table is one of the best things I have ever made,I'm not in the best shape and having one hip replacement and due for the other side I have to sit down more then most

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Got the sub frame paint stripped still not perfects 3rd time might get it all,also sanded back the frame that I had polished.
    Not sure on what to do raw alloy, polish it,or paint it black.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	7112Click image for larger version. 

Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	7112

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	7113 bit more stripped and bit of wet sanding by hand,only wonted to get the white paint off but keep going you know how it is,brake arm rear wing on the zxr will do foot Gards chain Gards and few more bits as I go.Click image for larger version. 

Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	7114 my shed helper shorty keeping me company.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	7115Click image for larger version. 

Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	7116

Blog Entries
    You know how much work you have put into polishing so far? Well imagine doing that every few months. Does that sound like a winner? If not; get it powdercoated.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I know what it takes mate,wen I got the bike it was a j model they came blacked frame,I sanded frame foot Gards top clamp and rad tanks and hit them with hi speed soft wheel and white wax,then I would just use micro rag and metal polish every few months or if it got wet would dry it off and lightly polish by hand with the rag and some polish again.the hardest part is the sanding to get all the marks out to start with then the polish off the wheel then it's just a matter of keeping polish on it every few months.i don't won't to pull bike to bear frame to have it powder coated just yet,I got a 79 sportster I won't to start doing that with,been told a few times to clear the metal after I polish but I don't see it staying on to well.after today think il go back to polished frame and swing arm sides and black the rest out with gloss black

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    In the picks I have posted,I haven't polished anything only paint stripped and some minor sanding with 800grit.the more you sand alloy up in grades the lest it takes to polish I like the raw alloy look tho.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. You're right about the effort involved in full strip down compared to polishing a few times.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Yeah mate I won't to keep it a roller and get few things done so I can ride it and take it to the local drags hire and there to see if I get the racing bug and a bit of fun.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	7194 been at it stripping things and cleaning and painting,stuffed a few threads on the sprocket cover that holds the clutch slave all sorted now,done the back brake will do the front tomorrow frame been cleaned up better and some metal polish to protect the raw alloy,sub frame is back on tonight,drilled and tapped a thread into the old coolant sender for the acewell dash also made a bracket out of alloy and painted it mounted for the speedo pick up off the back wheel,poking along with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast