Thread: Frame cutting behind suspension

Frame cutting behind suspension

Can I cut the frame behind the suspension?

Will this require the $2500+ engineer certification?

A less obtrusive fiberglass mudguard would be fitted to the rear wheel with lights and number plate would be mounted to the rear of the new seat.

The lowered seat to handle bar height will still be within the 38cm maximum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-05-20 21.10.29.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Hey mate, are you going for this look:

Blog Entries
    What bike is it?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    If the subframe bolts on you could just remake the whole assembly and it should be fine.

Best bet is to talk to an unginear, because if I or someone else says it's fine and you cut it up.
    You might be very upset if/when you get knocked back.

I'm getting my bike certified and for about $800.... $2500 seems a bit steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    Hey mate, are you going for this look:

Yes like this except with the required numberplate, lights. Also seat would be as low as the rear wheel will allow.

CBR125r. Unfortunately the rear is welded on unlike other models.

Blog Entries
    Yea, I'd be carefull what you are doing mate. You'll need to allow for rear wheel travel over bumps at load as well. That back wheel is as close as possible on Bladeord in the photo. It would just about touch over large bumps etc. If you got any closer than that you'd lock up the back wheel and come a cropper. The seat height needs to stay pretty much where it is on yours now. If you are comparing it to those mad chopper looking things, they are hardtails mate, no suspension to come up into the seat area, also no spine left after a few kilometres....

Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    Yea, I'd be carefull what you are doing mate. You'll need to allow for rear wheel travel over bumps at load as well. That back wheel is as close as possible on Bladeord in the photo. It would just about touch over large bumps etc. If you got any closer than that you'd lock up the back wheel and come a cropper. The seat height needs to stay pretty much where it is on yours now. If you are comparing it to those mad chopper looking things, they are hardtails mate, no suspension to come up into the seat area, also no spine left after a few kilometres....
    Bummer. Thanks for the replies.