Thread: WTB Rear shock

Weekend Warrior

WTB Rear shock

My Harris is dribbling out of its arse again. I have had the rear shock rebuilt in the last year but it has let go again.

I need to spend some money on a shiny new Ohlins but I don't have any. Does anyone have a rear unit, eyelets at each end, about 270mm centre to centre, that they want to sell for beer money?

*Harris isn't light and either am I

ASF Premium Full Member
    I've gone to 295mm with no ill effects.

Pretty tame steering geometry on Harris so a bit more weight on the front won't hurt!

I've got a late model BMW S1000RR shock up that's about to be for sale shortly, I'll check the measurement tonight for you.

Do you need eyelt to eyelet or eyelet to clevis? The BMW one is the latter

(Actually, I've got a Ducati one there too...)

Weekend Warrior
    Eyelet to eyelet please

Name:  8344959fcdc17307.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  81.4 KBName:  8344959fcdc18a76.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  47.3 KBName:  8344959fcdc1a1e5.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  67.2 KBName:  8344959fcdc1b954.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  44.4 KB May help
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

I only have one eyelet to eyelet it's about 340 from a triumph from memory
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

The BMW shock wont work & the Ducati one I have probably won't either - it's eyelet to eyelet, but rising rate (won't work with a linkage, which I assume the Harris has?) & has a huge reservoir hanging off the side... It's also well over 300mm eye to eye.

Have a look at the late model (~2012) R1 shocks, I've just fitted one to my VFR project, around 300 eye to eye from memory, fully adjustable with hi & low speed comp damping & you can adjust the preload with a flathead screwdriver. Has a big resovoir on the top though...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I've got a shock here but I have no idea what it's from. It's 300mm eye to eye but it looks like it might be a little light for what you want. Yours for postage cost if you want it.

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Dan but my Harris has already had the steering angle sharpened up, a longer shock would make it terrifying

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    No worries. Just fit an 18" front wheel that'll sort it ha ha