Thread: Keihin FCR41's on GSXR1127

Keihin FCR41's on GSXR1127

Hey all,
    I have an '87 GSXR1100 with an 1127 motor in it. It still has the 34mm CV's from the 1052 motor with standard airbox and exhaust.
    I just scored a set of FCR41's and had a question.
    Is anyone running this combo with any success?

My thought is to modify the standard exhaust to breath a bit better (only because I want it to look stock), and I'd like to keep the airbox for ease of tuning.
    I've read that the 41's might be a tad on the large side but Keihin list them as an option for the 1127. I would have liked 39's but these came up and I couldn't miss the opportunity.

Any thoughts.

Cheers all.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    They will never work you need to drop them off at my place and I will take care of them.....

Ha ha. I expected plenty of offers like that. But I think I'll persevere. ��

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    I would have thought they were too big, but I saw a set of 39s on a Zephyr last week and they were "perfect" according to the bike's tuner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Large View Post
    I would have thought they were too big, but I saw a set of 39s on a Zephyr last week and they were "perfect" according to the bike's tuner.
    Can't be any worse than they are std :-)
    But agreed

I thought they were too big to start with when they came up for sale but the Keihin site lists the 39's and 41's as applicable for 89-92 1100's (1127cc).
    Plus they rarely come up and I got them at a great price so I'm going to have a crack.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    I thought they were too big to start with when they came up for sale but the Keihin site lists the 39's and 41's as applicable for 89-92 1100's (1127cc).
    Plus they rarely come up and I got them at a great price so I'm going to have a crack.
    Fucking hell.
    I got a set of 41's to go on a 1540 GSX
    I hope they're big enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Large View Post
    Fucking hell.
    I got a set of 41's to go on a 1540 GSX
    I hope they're big enough.
    They should be rich, I'm looking at 40's for between 1327 and 1503, options much over 40mm are somewhat limited and 40/41's are huge

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Was contemplating upgrading to RS38s, now I really feel like my 36s are completely inadequate!

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamma, You have always had feelings of inadequacy in relation to size........lol
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

I'm thinking they might not be suited to what I'm chasing now. I'm rarely at WOT and apparently it'll be a bit boggy at 4-5k which is where I am most of the time.
    Let me know if there's anyone with 36-38mm carbs that are looking for something a bit bigger.
    I've worked out that they're spaced for water cooled GSXR1100 but they're easily changed.

Cheers
    Ben

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmm if you need to sell them, I am keen.
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

I don't need to sell them as I'm sure they'll get used one day. I'd prefer to swap for appropriate sized carbs but everything's for sale if you want to PM an offer.
    Cheers.