Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoping to emigrate to Australia

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks mate, I'll probably take you up on that. I will have my 20 year old daughter with me.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Quote Originally Posted by megawatt View Post
    Thanks for the tips gents, keep em coming. I'd sooner drive than fly and we do have loadsa time. Slingy, what sort of money did they charge you for their services?
    Mate from memory about the 400 quid mark, then you still have to pay for all the bullshit police checks (can't be a crim anymore lol) and medicals etc. Think they had offices in London and the Cotswold 's.

Weekend Warrior
    Do you think they can find out stuff and do stuff that I can't do myself?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    They know what the AU immigration want to hear, and what they don't.
    They know the best way to put your case across, and how not to.
    They know whats important and what's not.
    Stuff I was concerned over they brushed aside, other stuff the made sure was spot on.

Mine cost a lot more than Slingys, but they arranged police checks, medicals, financial assessment,
    my work history, my AU TB tests, etc etc.

Best money I've ever spent. I'd never have done the mountain of paperwork on my own.
    I gave them money, they gave a guy with no proven skill or work training, permanent residency.

The amount of money I've wasted on piss, holidays,vehicles and women... It was a bloody bargain
    and the best I've ever spent.

Maybe someone with a more straight forward case than mine could have done it them self,
    but I wasn't a Mr / Mrs / 2 kids / desired skill with a good documented training history case.

No way would I have the life, house and toys I have now if I'd stayed in the UK.
    Last edited by Tony Nitrous; 02-03-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Agree with Tony.
    We just figured, if we were going to give a go, let's give our best shot at getting in, if they say no after that than it obviously wasn't meant to be. We had 2 sets of friends who tried before us, both well edjumcated professional types, did there own applications and failed. So we thought fuck it, we using an agent and like Tony said, very good. We just did and gave them what they wanted when they asked untill the process was done.
    Then we were told once the application went in we would be waiting 12 month's to find out. Got a call like 3 weeks later, "I don't understand how, but your application is approved and your visors are here! "
    Fuck yeah, all systems go, sell the house, furniture, cars, trike, get married, have a fuck off huge party and leave the country, all in 6 weeks. Fun times :-D

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks a lot guys, you've convinced me. Just waiting of them eMailing me back.

Weekend Warrior
    Well I contacted Ian Harrup associates and had a nice free chat with one of their solicitors and basically he said NO CHANCE !!! Mainly because I'm 56 years old. Oh hum. He did say there was a very slim chance if I start a business, but there were a lot of obstacles in my way. Looks like if I want to stay , I will have to marry an Australian lady.
    He did say I could only spend 3 months in Au with a visitors visa, not 12 months like my 20 year old daughter. I didn't know where from or when I would be flying back to UK , so I bought a one way ticket to Brisbane from Etihad. He did advise that I buy a return ticket or imigration wouldn't even let me in !!!! Etihad had no problem selling me the ticket, so I'll be having words with them soon. Oh well, looks like it will be a 2 month holiday in Au and hopefully I won't need a visa to stay in New Zealand for the 6 month max visitors visa.

Blog Entries
    I'm aware of the Return Ticket thing, this is for real. If you don't have a return they won't let you in.

Bit of a bugger hey? I was only 26 when I did it, so I had no issues. I do remember the Police station in Cheltenham telling me they had around 2500 people a month getting clearance checks in the hope of emigrating to Australia. It's not an easy game and there are a lot of people trying.

Bugger, use NZ as a back door. Thats what a lot of people do.

Weekend Warrior
    I quite fancy NZ too, but don't think they want me either.

ASF Premium Full Member
    just steal something and have the government send you out here.
    worked for my great great (etc) grandmother.
    more titanium than my bike

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    i came in on a spouse visa at 44..so i guess thats why i had an easy ride ..what tony says is right thought i bitch and moan about the heat humidity etc but i wouldnt have the lifestyle i have if id stayed at home ....im heading back down sth anyway soon ..lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123