Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: War Machine Busa

ASF Premium Full Member
    How big is the vtr tail compared to the busa front guard?
    Just for giggles.
    The busa front guard always looks huge in pics.
    more titanium than my bike

ASF Gold Full Member
    I was serious about a 1200 Monster tail for mine. Very minimal. But Kev offered his for sale and the idea of a straight bolt on appealed to my limited fabricating skills
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Hi hyofighter great build so far I'm new to the forum found ur build and decided to follow can't wait to see what u do next gonna look sick

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    not a lot been going on again but xmas coming up and heading to summernats this year with the car club doing the drive from west to east and back getting cars finished and prep'd there hasn't been much happening in the busa department mainly because its time to buy some bits and funds just seem to disappear at the moment , but I have chopped up the vtr seat abit but I think ill make it a bit shorter in the front yet to get it a bit more stumpy , the look is growing on me still not 100% on it yet but once I get the other piece of the puzzle for the front ill see how it all ties together and see if it flows and more importantly if I like it , one thing that will need doing is to build up the front of the pillion seat section to carry the line of flow from the tank , the rider seat height is a bit higher than the original busa not by much but im trying to give the illusion of a smaller tank but I don't think its working haha , so I mocked it up and have left it like this in the shed for the last few weeks so I catch a glimpse every so often to see if I still like it , in my head I think it will work with what I want for the front and for the retro muscle fighter I have in my mind , just hope it does or its back to the drawing board

i rekon if ya scolloped the riders seat down so you actually sit in and not on it scotty, it would look and feel good other than that yeah i like it...just my 2 bobs worth, not that it means fuk all

yeah I kinda know what ya meen and I kinda liking that too , but since its been sitting like this in the shed its grown on me but im thinking shorter at the front I want to tie in that stupid bit of frame so it doesn't look so untidy and out of place so if I can tie it to flow the on with the rear plastic it think it might be neater , so I copped some more off the seat front and now she is snug when you sit in it holds you nicely and it think its getting better look closer in prob could just go a tiny it more then its fibreglass time

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    I've said it before, but one thing on naked Busa's that hurts my eyes
    is that top radiator hose. It comes out the rads front and go's down and under.
    Mine had the stub cut off, blanked off and moved to the back, helps a little.

Loving this bike already . Cant wait to see the finished machine. What colours are you thinking of?

im with you on that tony but ive been looking at gen 2 rads as they exit the rear , but not sure if direct fit , klapper ive got an idea in mind but that can all change as im heading to summernats with our car club this year and ill see whats new or what catches my eye but I really think ill stick to what im thinking at the moment but im not set yet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hyofighter View Post
    im with you on that tony but ive been looking at gen 2 rads as they exit the rear , but not sure if direct fit , klapper ive got an idea in mind but that can all change as im heading to summernats with our car club this year and ill see whats new or what catches my eye but I really think ill stick to what im thinking at the moment but im not set yet
    Later Rads are also twin fan.

ASF Gold Full Member
    Is the BKing fan an easy fit?
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Blog Entries
    B-Kings and (I think) Gen-2 Busa are twin fan.

Not sure if B-king and Gen-2 rads are the same?
    I'd guess maybe not, although I've bought rad guards that had both
    Gen-2 and B-King on the box there may be little differences.

Never fitted an extra fan to a Gen-1 but the Yanks seem to have cooling
    issues and its been done several times on US forums.

Blog Entries
    Gen-1 fan is over in the left hand side.
    Certainly looks like there's room for a 2nd
    fan without too much drama.

A quick look at Gen-1 and B-King rads show them as
    being of similar size and both hung from top mounts
    that are around 300mm apart.

ASF Gold Full Member
    I don't like the Gen-1 hose coming out of the front either. If I you were to swap to a better looking rad, I thought it would double your chance of getting one if the Gen-2 and Bking are the same. But I guess there wouldn't be as many King rads around as they didn't sell that many compared to the Gen-2.

Blog Entries
    I think the Kings rad has the mounting points for the side scoops on it.
    Kings rad would certainly be harder to find than a Gen-2.

King was only sold as an 08 model then a few 2010 models.
    Gen-2 has been a steady seller for the last 8 years and heaps sold in the US.

Worse case you could just get a gen2 end tank on as for wiring a second fan in that would be a breeze and extra cooling would be nice out here since its so farking hot

Weekend Warrior
    The VTR tail gels nicely with the Busa tank/frame styling.

I see what you mean about the size of the tank but I think it actually works pretty good. But if you are curious about how it might look without that lower 'indented' part of the tank, swap your VFR tank onto the Busa... it looks to me like it might be the right size, and would do away with that lower section. Of course, then you'd have to hid/tidy up whatever is under there...

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    i have an '08 busa rad with rear pipes and 2 fans, can post pics if needed

Blog Entries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345