Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: War Machine Busa

Goodluck mate. Certainly a mean looking bike. Whats the plans? I've always wanted one to do something along the lines of this

http://news.epicinter.net/wp-content...4/07/Mad-1.jpg

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    ive always liked that bike too but ive got a plan of what i want out of this bike in the way of looks , with out giving to much away im thinking retro muscle , sinister is the plan , angry , hence war machine

wacky i think i pretty much has sourced my parts and vins from motorcycle wreckers but now its about saving money

phantom tis a pain but i think it will be worth it in the end , im just happy its straight

ASF Premium Full Member
    Too many wotifs for me in the wreck scene, I think I'll be buying a complete uncrashed and ripping off tupperware if doing a naked.!!

Hope you get through without too much fuss, I guess the boys at Motorcycle Masters will see you right.

I like a challenge plus i want to show it can be done

so I had a few bits to fit up , non genuine undertail that came with the bike and a front guard from tom and I thought id pose the question if they would be happy with it turns out no , wovr requires it to be stock as possible unfortunate but I thought id try

so after talks with them and motorcycle masters they found me everything I need (well hopefully ) to get some Tupperware back on this thing to make it a pass for the wovr inspection , then its rego inspection time , then back home strip it all off sell it back to them and start making the vision in my head come to life

now the fun begins working it all out how it goes together and finding myself all the clips and bolts

Weekend Warrior
    If anyone can do it it's you

I'm not pissing in your pocket mate

What a waste of fckin time hey

And so it begins . So far all fitting up well only a few screws and clips missing but easily found in my piles of odds and sods . Few major things noted to get overflow bottle as this one is cracked , 2 engine bolts to pull the drop knob bolts back out . And a low beam globe and holder other than that seems to be falling together well but time consuming flying blind in how it fits together . Seems to have a bit of a american theme going on haha

Blog Entries
    Mmmm, ....pretty.

Pretty ugly i say

Hey man i think ive got an overflow bottle im on nights but ill check on thurs when i get my shit together
    Looks good enought to pass though

Is alright got one today the light i was missing and the engine mount bokts i need to replace the drop knob shit so hopefully ill have the sides on tonight then its on to redoing the rear

right front all sorted and not a lot of fun mind you , so on to the back putting the unmolested undertail and original equipment back on , not to hard just time and fiddley , but only a couple of bolts to get for the grab rail and shes done , might get me a permit to take her for a spin to work and back to make sure she is all good

she has a bit of a captain America feel to it haha

ASF Premium Full Member
    Funny I always reckoned the B-King was one of the ugliest bikes I ever had but Uglbus, Yuk!

Can't wait to see it with all the tupperware off!

.........and those fkn cannons LOL!

Good Luck.

So complete minus some new treads i got myself a 2 day permit to ride it to work and back supposedly for "repairs" but the lady at licensing didnt even put any details on it so open permit it is riding i shall go . Now as much as i hate tupperware it does its job but its still coming off and having never ridden one or anything like it im impressed with the lazy hp and bulk pull and deceiving speed im really looking forward to this project

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you have seen the light mate! These things haul big time. You've been on toys up until now.

good to see Scotty...now start rippin the shit off...cant wait to see what you do with it

ASF Gold Full Member
    Im a month or so into owning my first Busa and I know how you feel Scott. The acceleration is rather intoxicating!
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

sure is , the yzf750 i finished not long ago although a nice bike i hated the power delivery nothing nothing nothing everything but it was quick and fun where as the vfr being v4 is awesome down low and mid range just lacking in the top , this thing is great all over but also being twice the capacity to anything ive had before is a benifit too haha , downside i weighed her with a full tank with the scales flicking between 250 and 260 i think she needs to go on a diet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast