Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War Machine Busa

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

War Machine Busa

So I got a busa , I wasn't really chasing one I was really looking at buells , ktm990's , and even tdm900's as down to a frame they don't look to bad , originally thinking turbo twin you see so I had been smashing youtube looking at the different models and researching google flat out , thinking well im gonna have to sell some thing as the missus was going to go mental if another bike appears in the shed she reckons I don't need that many bikes as I can only ride one at a time I retaliated with why do you need so many shoes as you can only wear one pair at a time !!!! bad move lesson learnt , so the yzf was on the list to go , trench wench maybe , and the vfr if I had to but I really don't want to part with them as there all my own creation bar the yzf

so one day this week whilst procrastinating at work I was facebooking and up pops this busa for sell or swap , at first I thought of azrael as I know he wants one but I though ill just flick him a message to see if he would be keen for a swap on the yzf it doesn't owe me much and was similar priced to what he wanted for the busa , turns out he was dead keen me well I wasn't sure but the busa idea grew on me rapidly and a deal was done

340kph mmmm

its a 99 model repairable write off from alice springs bought online from the ACT pickles auctions and now resides in WA since 2012 its had a couple of owners since not sure what that's about but im gonna start looking into the repwriteoff rules here I know it can be done but how far I have to go back to original to pass the tech inspection im gonna have to look into

it has a power commander on it but im guessing it should light up when its running coz it doesn't , has carbon pipes although one is a little cracked but it runs and sounds good

so War Machine is some thing ive wanted to name a bike of mine refering to the ac/dc song the plate surround from wacky ive had for a long time and was going to go on the yzf but it didn't represent its self enough to earn it , this build will , not sure on plans in much detail yet but I want it to be dark and sinister , handle well , light , and go like all fuck

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Do a skid!

That seat is -to quote a wise man- anus.
    Can't wait to see what happens to this one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
    That bike is -to quote a wise man- anus.
    Can't wait to see what happens to this one.
    sorry had to scott lol

Blog Entries
    Yes, yes, and fucking yes!

cheers fellas , ozzy not you but , turbokat are you referring to that awesome seat cover or the booty the cycle has hahaha , large just for you since you asked so nicely

Weekend Warrior
    Fark Scotty, you have got it bad. Which is great for us. Will be watching this one!

Cheers phantom was kinda glad something came along coz i was tempted to do maybe redo the vfr but its been such a great and reliable ride i dont want to ruin that so its been relegated to more daily dutys

so good news today did some checking up on the write off thingo since its from the NT bought from the ACT and now in wa i wanted to be sure it definately can be re regoed . Listed as a economical repairable write off was damaged on 30 dec 2011 in alice springs hence the square tyres and the stale as all fark fuel . So now to find out how far i have to go to get it tech inspected before rego

Paint it orange and talk about how fast you are.

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    LOL
    Cant wait to see what ya guna do with this one!
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    nar id be to scared to as my neighbours have a black dog

Plenty of fun things to do with Busa's. Remember with the busa there are some changes between the 99/00 and the 01 and then more from 02 up mostly to do with wiring and ecu, the PC units are different and the clutch doesn't have the factory cushion. Either way get a Brock cushion and ultra light hub for the clutch. Have fun
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Early ones had different ECU's and Powercommanders.

Also had a different fuel pump set up.

Had alloy subframe but after a few (not many!) broke they went to steel.

BTL in the clutch isn't great but easily locked up as its not needed.

6-plop calipers are average at best, even with good lines, pads and fluid.

340k / 200mph clocks are nice but being unrestricted isn't a big deal.
    Both mine were done for 20c each. It's a 6.8ohm resister.

Clean 1999 models are going up in value, first of the breed.
    I prefer 04 to 08, the later slightly better Gen-1's, but I'd still grab a 99 at the right price.

Greg / Booster / Maj or here or the AU Busa forum is pretty clued up on the early models differences.

They are great fun bikes once you put some K's in and get used to them.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Interesting!

Conservative build or absolutely mental????

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    welcome to the dark side

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    yea another busa build good luck mate. mine as it is, fucking with an airshiffter currently
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	6311

Blog Entries
    Fairing Al!? Interesting. Does it work?

so a little update and some added info for those attemping a rep write off in wa , so firstly not alot has been happening on the project a few bits and peices ordered off ebay and alot of research on things i have planned looks wise and such that ive pretty much got a plan and how i want it to look when im finished , amoungst the other things going on trailer dirt draggers the van and a 17 mth old future miss hoon ive been busy , i have got the power commander working and the busted tre and grear indicator off removed the gay heated grips repaired a bit of wiring and cleaned out the fuel system , she now runs mint

so the wovr rep write off stuff , i made a few phone calls about the inspection and what is involved , basically the bike need to be presented as close to standard and looking as it came off the shop floor , now i have none of the fairing lights and such but i didnt want to comit to spending a packet getting it to this point if the thing is twisted and bent , to me it looks fine but you never know , so after speaking to motorcycle masters who do the inspection they understand where im at and told me that for the 180 buck inspection i get a reinspection after for free so i thought ill take it as is present it unfinish and get the structural side checked and a list if any of things needed so when i reinspect its perfect .

so down it went as is looking pretty sad but i want to make sure im not wasting my time , as it turns out its perfect structurally just a slight twist in the headlight bracket that i can tweak out , but the next drama is putting the tuperware back on , its not as simple as just borrowing some i have to actually buy some present a reciept and a vin number from which and parts came from , so you can prove its not stolen and the like , and the guys at motor cycle masters are coming through again and have got the bits vins and such i need its just a matter of saving for them buying and fit them tech inspect again pass then of to get rego inspected pass , be fully licenced for the road and strip it down and resell all the tuperware and start fightering , simple lol , really not to hard just time comsuming and following the process but you can see why with all the stolen bikes out there really

Scott, back when I did the R1 I used eBay receipts for the fairings and they accepted them. I had no VIN numbers (this may have changed from back then and I did it in VIC), just printouts from Paypal and eBay.

Weekend Warrior
    What a pain in the arse, but as you say you can't really call it unreasonable - otherwise there would be bikes being flogged left right and centre to repair cosmetic write-offs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast