Thread: Oroton from Brisbane

New to Streetfighters

Oroton from Brisbane

Hi ya'll,

I'm from Brisbane, ride a GSXR-1000, was looking at spending money on it because I love this shape and model. And a mate said to join here because you all were the most knowledgable in the area of mods.

So peace to all and hopefully I can see you all on some rides.

Cheers.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Hi and welcome Oroton.

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard mate. What's the plans? Next time we have a get together on the Gold Coast we'll let you know.

Welcome mate
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Damien is that you?

New to Streetfighters
    No my name is Dayle, but if Damien is cool, i'm happy to be him
    At the moment, I can't decide whether to spend a couple g's on astethics or keep saving for performance.
    Ideally I want to turbo the bike.

In brisbane I only know of speedy's that do it. I know EC does it, but I'm not looking for 400+ HP, a modest ~230hp would be fine.. for street use and meets. well that's the plan anyways..

Would love to go to a meet on the GC

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    If you have a chat with Ben at EC he does a wide range of kits to suit your needs mate or you could have a crack at it yourself as a few here have done with very good results (Deano,Yella,Latheboy just to name a few)

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I went to Speedy's for a Dyno tune and they stuffed it up. Ended up running like crap after

Wasn't too impressed

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Quote Originally Posted by wackyrider View Post
    I went to Speedy's for a Dyno tune and they stuffed it up. Ended up running like crap after

Wasn't too impressed
    Damn. i was going to use them !!!!!!!

New to Streetfighters
    Oh really.. thats not good to hear, was your bike boosted too?
    Well I've seen plenty of kits online, that should bolt on. From my understanding, 7psi or less should be fine on stock internals, maybe just a thicker gasket. And HD Clutch should be fine.

I'm confident I could install a kit myself, and take it to someone to map/tune but It's hard to buy an online kit, when there is little reviews on their performance and reliability.

My understanding is to get it engineered is the longest part here in QLD, and you can't run a BOV to get it approved either, (Although you can put one on after)

I didn't see any kits through EC,

I think the total time and effort to send a bike to sydney isn't worth it, and I didn't see a GSXR 1000 bolt on kit in their range if they did one.. Not sure if it would be worth their time. Although i did see them working on a TT for a GSXR gokart.. That would be cool hahaha. I'm trying to dig through threads here about GSXR1000 Turbos but the search isn't coming back with much..

Blog Entries
    There haven't been many GSXR1000 turbo's through here mate, everyone goes to the 'Busa instead. The 1300 engine gives more power obviously and is also stronger apparently, hence why they are such popular drag bikes.

Ben can turbo any bike with any power mate. I'd flick him and email as he's a good bloke and if nothing else, you would get some good advice.

New to Streetfighters
    Advice might be well worth it. Would hate to waste his time though, probably gets a thousand emails.
    While I am keen on doing this, I am actually keen on pulling the bike apart and doing the install myself.
    I haven't done it to a bike before, and would love to give it ago. Have boosted cars before, I guess theory should be similar, but
    I would definitely need either advice on products to use or a kit. And then take it to someone to dyno and tune. <- This would be my preference especially if significantly cheaper, but I also don't want to balls the job either hahaha.
    The only reason I'd want a kit is because all the parts are there, to fit and no need for fabricating. This I can't do unfortunately.

I guess the only reason I'm going for a boosted thou is..

I like the look of the thou,
    I like the seating position,
    Haven't seen too many.
    Wanted to keep cost down (bike +turbo)

If it's looking to go too expensive I have considered going a boosted Busa, which has so much more support, but I love the look and ride of the thou too much hahaha, plus 08+Busa's are still 10k+ boosted i think will see my project above the 20's which is more then I wanted to spend..

For those with boosted Busa's anyone get it done here in Brisbane? I've heard mixed results regarding those up here.
    Last edited by Oroton; 11-12-2014 at 05:31 PM.