Just a prototype.....
    Rough? seen heaps worse lol.
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

Blog Entries
    How did it go Deano?

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Not so good.

The mega dollar strain gauge didn’t seem to be giving a reliable signal to the ecu. Tested it on the race stand and worked fine but during a run it wouldn’t work at all.
    Riding down the return road it would work,

Very frustrating.
    I just disconnected it all and rode it the old school way.
    Think I have fucked a clutch now anyway. It was shuddering bad as usual and know when the clutch is pulled in there is no break it the drive to the wheel so suspect something a miss.

I had a thought last night that maybe I should be using a high speed input pin the to the ecu instead of just a regular input.

I asked a question on the autronic forum and my thought was confirmed, I will be changing the input pin to one of the high speed sensing inputs, this could have been the problem all along. Will test after the change and report back.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Deano if you're chasing info on how to do this PM Burnsie, (Motomax on here) and ask him. He was building these as kits back in the glory days in the UK and runs one on his mt01 daily and id be surprised if he couldn't help you.

All fixed. Just changed the input pin to the ecu and presto a perfect working quickshifter. I turned on the auto shift and it works a treat. Set it for 5000rpm changes and it changes up the box perfectly.

Just need to adjust the kill time and cut method. Currently have 60ms and ignition and fuel cut but when it changes the kill is to fierce and is not smooth so will change to fuel only cut first and see if that smoothest things out. I predict it will.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Saweeeeet. Would have been cool to give that a crack at the drags

yes it would have cause i have to tune the shift time. 60ms might be good at 5000 rpm but to much at 9000rpm
    the kill time can be variable based on things like engine speed and current gear so if the change from 1-2 needs more kill time than the change from 4-5 then you can easily tune it to the exact time you feel best. also you might need a different kill time for the 4-5 change at 5000rpm compared to the 4-5 change are 10000rpm. all these shift points at different rpm and gear changes can be tuned for best performance.

i can see myself finding a reasonable setting and sticking with that.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    All fixed. Just changed the input pin to the ecu and presto a perfect working quickshifter. I turned on the auto shift and it works a treat. Set it for 5000rpm changes and it changes up the box perfectly.

Just need to adjust the kill time and cut method. Currently have 60ms and ignition and fuel cut but when it changes the kill is to fierce and is not smooth so will change to fuel only cut first and see if that smoothest things out. I predict it will.
    I use 40 MS but still testing.

seems Ok under street conditions but could be sharpened up a little maybe when getting up it!

I have fuel & ign cut!

i will do some more testing and see how it goes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12