Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim's ZXR750 Build

Certainly is mate; picked up the forks today now I'm in talks with him to diagnose my engines misfire as I'm at a loss!

Give it a few weeks and some good nights in the garage and I might even have something resembling a running streetfighter as I'll have the suspension, brakes, motor, bars, levers and whatnot almost all together then it's just down to bolting to all up and then starting the styling!

Hopeful, but not confident yet!

So after a short hiatus from the fighter build my hand has now been forced as I low sided on my faired ZXR on Tuesday evening. The results being a battered bike and a broken collar bone for my trouble!

With that I mind I've decided to not repair that bike yet and concentrate on getting my fighter project finished.

Good news is my triples arrived from the UK, mirrors are ordered and I'm already slowing in bolting and fitting parts to the frame, albeit mostly just the very easy stuff as I only have use of 1 good arm!

So after two weeks of laying up trying to rest the collar bone I've managed to slowly pull off all of the unwanted plastics and brackets and start to pull the front end apart but obviously can't do the major swap to my custom triples with one arm so am waiting for a mate to get some free time.

I have however tried the top clamp into the bike and I think it looks amazing with the underslung mirrors and drag bars.

Really looking forward to stripping it out and getting the triples and light on properly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	7318

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Looking good . I did the same with the mirrors on the yzf but i had them mounted inboard of the controls still underslug thought it looked mint but it fowled on the tank when lock to lock was a shame

ASF Standard Full Member
    I've got underslung mirrors thanks to nick76 and they look good IMO. Work well too. Exactly like yours. They give it that cafe look kinda.

I can't wait to ride it to be honest but I've had another small setback recently and am overseas for a week or so.

It's all good though.

The for mounts for my headlight came in before I left so hopefully when I get back I can start swapping the front ends and getting some brackets made to fix it all on proper.

So I'm back in Australia after a week in the UK and am still suffering with the broken collar bone but with the help of a good mate doing the spanner work we've got new bearings, new triples and front end with most of the controls but have yet to fit the brakes, lines and MC.

Hopefully by the end of this week we'll have the brakes fitted and he can give it a ride for me.

After that I've got to get the tank recess sorted for the Acewell dash then sort out the wiring which I'm not looking forward to!

Views:	1 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	7330

Sweet coming along nice
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Managed to get the brakes fitted tonight but unfortunately had to revert back to my non radial MC as the lines I currently have aren't quite long enough to reach the radial.

Going to bleed it tomorrow then hopefully it'll have enough pressure to be ridden around the corner to my new place by a mate.

It's far from ride out ready but if it can be moved safely across my estate I'm happy with that for now. Plus I'm not allowed to ride until at least the new year!

Tried to start now just have the solenoid clicking so got battery on charge overnight to see if that helps!

So my startin issue turned out to be a miss connected clutch switch.

Now that's back on properly the bike starts and runs like normal but unfortunately I'm still under a riding ban while my collar bone recoups so a mate is gonna ride it for me sometime this weekend and let me know how it goes and what might need adjusting.

Once it's rideable I've only got the indicators, headlight and dash to fit then by that time hopefully I'll be in good enough condition to ride it myself.

Blog Entries
    Getting close mate. Good feeling hey!?

Awesome, so much better than when it was faired.

So after some sweet talking I've managed to get a short run around the block on the bike without causing WW3 in my house and I'm so happy with the results.

The bike feel so much more nimble and eager to turn than with the clip ons. I'm definitely gonna need a steering damper though.

Even with drag bars fitted it still feel comfortable and the lack of the fairing gives so much more confidence in viewing the road ahead.

Blog Entries
    You'll never go back now mate!

Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	7372

Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	7373

ASF Gold Full Member
    Fuck that looks mean!

You healed up yet?
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast