Thread: Reputable Bike Mechanic

ASF Premium Full Member

Reputable Bike Mechanic

Hey guys, went to sort out the Bandit for future rides as its been sitting in my Cousins garage in Balmoral for 4-5 months today and for some reason front brakes are crap, really spongy and could ride but with work committments etc decided best policy is to have someone look at this for me before I come back next week so I can go for a ride.

can somebody point me in the direction for reputable bike mechanic who can sort out professionally and if they have a reputable transport individual or company that can pick up and deliver to their store/facility would be appreciated.

i'm here for tomorrow but need to fly to Perth tomorrow arvo and be back in Sydney for a meeting on the 15th if that is possible but if can't be done in the required time I will be back at some stage so can pick up at a later date if necessary.

any comments assistance would be appreciated.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Local shops?

Terry at Doctory R1 0434706834, he can pick up and do the work, good guy, tell him Ian sent you
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella View Post
    Terry at Doctory R1 0434706834, he can pick up and do the work, good guy, tell him Ian sent you
    Cheers Yella!

Is he close to Balmoral?

ASF Premium Full Member
    All sorted thanks

Brian Conner Motorcycles hope they're ok

ASF Premium Full Member
    I saw the thread was started by you, and didn't notice you were looking for NSW, just assumed WA.

I had a few for ya, sorry i wasn't really paying attention.
    more titanium than my bike

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    I saw the thread was started by you, and didn't notice you were looking for NSW, just assumed WA.

I had a few for ya, sorry i wasn't really paying attention.
    Thats cool Hooli, thanks for the thought.

Its not rocket science what needs to be done so hopefully Brian Conner is OK, you can only go with what people recommend.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagarr View Post
    Thats cool Hooli, thanks for the thought.

Its not rocket science what needs to be done so hopefully Brian Conner is OK, you can only go with what people recommend.
    OK Thread Revival!

Brian Connor has been good but it's a real pain in the arse getting there and back having to go through the city to where I generally stay which is around Cronulla area.

Anything close to Caringbah/Taren Point you guys might know of?

ASF Premium Full Member
    RB racing, Harley is a great mechanic, he built my big bore 1196 gsxr motor and dyno tuned the carbs..
    And made the ninja 250 seat fit my Vfr with a bit of welding. It's on Taren point road in Caringbah.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I've heard mixed reviews on Harley...especially when it comes to dyno tuning etc??
    But...since it's not rocket science that needs to be done...any competent mechanic should be able to do that....it's sorts sad when recommendations are needed for basic stuff. So long as you don't go to the big dealerships...you should be sweet.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    RB racing, Harley is a great mechanic, he built my big bore 1196 gsxr motor and dyno tuned the carbs..
    And made the ninja 250 seat fit my Vfr with a bit of welding. It's on Taren point road in Caringbah.
    Excellent Hooli, pretty much what I was chasing.

Just need chain & sprockets and a bit of TLC here and there!

ASF Premium Full Member
    Harley only got me 130hp out of my gsxr on his dyno, but it was buttery smooth.
    When I took it to a dyno day it had 157 or something, i kept that printout for bragging rights.
    And he'll remember my 711, he wanted to set it on fire a few times.