Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xmas drags - sat 29/11/14 revised program **must read**

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Are we talking another 12 by tomorrow Si?

Blog Entries
    Yep. As it stands right now (1:22pm Friday 7th Nov) we have 11 rider ticket sales in the system.

This does not include you or whoever you said mate, unless one of them was Shano, in which case he has a ticket as of today.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    ffs why so few, top event, top blokes and a reasonable price.....
    only a few to nfr as well and this looks like it will be lucky to get of the ground this yr wtf....

Blog Entries
    I think we can thank this piece of shit for that:

Everybody goes to virtual events on the shitter these days.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Yup I think you are right Si, I can happily say I'm not on fagbook every though I probably miss out on a few things because of it.

Like a WEDDING.... WHO THE FUCK INVITES POEPLE TO A WEDDING ONLY ON FACEBOOK??????????
    Glad i didn't go.

It'll be sad not to have this event happen.

Blog Entries
    i tell you what tho on the asf facebook i am pissed most of them have never been to the forum
    not long ago when someone thought hey its ok to just sign up and plug their mates biz
    one of us asked someone what is yr user name on the forum....reply what forum and i know every one gets a msg about it when they join group..... facebook where its ok to say things u have no idea about... where being a dick is the norm and where if your not suxing every bodys dick in a circle jerk while telling them how great every thing they do is you are a mean person :-(
    is this what we the great institution of asf become the land of mediocrity
    sorry rant over

Hearing about drag racing on Facebook and then watching a YouTube video on it seems to be better than the real thing now days. And you can do all that while sitting at the traffic lights.

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Does suck seeing events die a slow death on here. Wish I lived closer as I would not miss it. I was planing on giving it a go this year but the bike freight qoute was just huge so not to be.
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

ASF Standard Full Member
    I'm in and paid
    Only one bike this year---busa drag bike
    Bones

..sounds like me havent ridden in ages [due to being knackered from work and the cops doing a reasonable impression of the ss]] went to the benaraby allbike drag thingy yesterday, red lighted twice and won one lol still at 12.4 but ...it has rekindled my interest ..i talked to the staff there about a "do' up here but from what your saying i may be wasting my time.. im looking at moving back down south next year iv had it working in this fuckin humidity ..lol

Did we get enough people pay up?

No. About 10 shirt is my guess. Si can confirm tho.

Spewen! And my bike is nearly ready to go, just need brake lines and some paint.

Blog Entries
    Sorry guys and gals, we only have 13 riders that bought tickets. We needed 25 and there has been a month for people to get tickets, so I guess there just isn't enough interest? It's a shame as it was a great event. This will mean the end of it. I will refund all the Payments for tickets and cop the PayPal fees that they keep.

Thanks to all those that did buy tickets and also all those that came in the previous years that made the event what it was.

Cheers everyone.

This is a crying shame indeed. Although I'm not the most prolific poster on here I believe that when people take the time and effort to organise these types of events that we owe it to ourselves to make the effort to support them. Indeed "these type of events" How often do you get access to,what is to all intents and purposes, your own personal drag strip fully supported by timing gear, ambos, track prep etc and to RACE YOUR MATES.
    Such a shame to see this go down the tubes.
    I need to say also mucho respect to Deano, Si and the others that have put in all the hard graft over the years to organise this event, thank you, it is very much appreciated.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Well that's just shit. A huge thanks to Deano and Si and anyone else involved in the running of this event over the years. Its starting to look like a few of the good ASF events are going to the dogs. i just hope we can get our shit together and get to olf ASF back. I may try and get a ride going as a replacement for the drags, but i will see how much interest this generates before committing to anything just yet, if you lot want a day ride speak now or forever hold your peace

I'm up for a ride but to be honest I would MUCH rather do it on the GSX when it's done rather than on the Speedie. When the GSX is completed though I'll deffo be up for as many rides as my arthritis will allow me.

FFS, this sucks.

I've not been doing FREE dyno days for a while because the same thing has been happening.

Heaps of people saying they would be there and then not turn up.

It becomes a massive waste of time and money trying to get something happening just to get shot down.

Thanks for trying guys.

ASF Standard Full Member
    Sux balls !

Shame to see this fall on it's arse. I've seen first hand how much effort Deano puts into this, not to mention input from Si etc.

If it helps Si, skim a bit off my refund to help cover BPay costs.
    :cool: Oblivious !!

ASF Standard Full Member
    I'm with Old Skool.
    Keep the Bpay costs from me too.
    It's a pity that the event is not supported-- I've always had a great tome at the event. A great time to sharpen the drag race skills.
    Thanx Si and Deano
    Bones

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast