Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good bye rear fenders

ASF Basic Full Member
    "Its not fucking hard people."
    Thats right, fucking hard people is something completely different. Seriously though, the words flyshit and pepper spring to mind.
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 13-10-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Stoopid?
    GSX1400 Need I say more? Probably, yes.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    I think your missing the point that some bikes didn't quite make the 45 degree point.
    These are now legal. It was never a permit to chop off the standard rear guard.
    They made this clear with "any other part must remain fitted"

So, yes, it doesn't need to meet 45 degrees, as some bikes never did from the factory.
    If you think it's a permit to chop off everything I'd avoid the cops I ride with.

ASF Basic Full Member
    I avoid riding with cops every opportunity I get, but let's not argue. I think we can all agree, it's a step forward - OK? I'm sure we're more likely to be pulled for riding like a twat than having a modified rear end, fnar fnar.
    GSX1400 Need I say more? Probably, yes.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Nitrous View Post
    I think your missing the point that some bikes didn't quite make the 45 degree point.
    These are now legal. It was never a permit to chop off the standard rear guard.
    They made this clear with "any other part must remain fitted".

I'm not missing the point at all Tony, I fully understand what has changed and how it affects licencing of new motorcycles. What I am trying to do is spell it out for the fucking simpletons in the group that the law pertaining to rear fenders has changed not just for new bikes but for any motorcycle and it is stated vaguely here...

"If an owner wishes to further modify their existing motorcycle to remove or replace the mudguard extension then this becomes a matter for state and territory regulators as the vehicle is considered as being in-service. However, it is generally the case that state and territory legislation will allow for changes to ADRs to flow through to registration requirements."

What this means and I confirmed this yesterday chatting with a mate who is a licencing inspector is that nobody gives a fuck about FE's anymore regardless of the year make or model of the bike. As long as a bike has a reflector, adr compliant lights etc and the numberplate is lit and can be seen from the required angles then zero fucks are given.. it will pass

The issue here is not and has never been with motorcycle inspectors, the issue lies with the police. Shithead cops are going to yellow sticker or "defect" you bike whether it is road compliant or not, it is in their nature to be complete cunts and this will not stop as long as these assholes continue to draw breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Nitrous View Post
    So, yes, it doesn't need to meet 45 degrees, as some bikes never did from the factory.
    If you think it's a permit to chop off everything I'd avoid the cops I ride with.
    Tony, if you ride with the kind of petty retarded cunts who defect bikes for fe's then you should consider acquiring some new friends. It is petty, anal retentive and does exactly zero toward making our roads safer and the more bad shit that happens to cops with that attitude the better. They are the entire reason I've never stopped for one of the repugnant shitheads.
    There is easily a thousand other reasons to pull somebody over on the road and fine them defect them etc that could actually save some lives but cockheads choose to pick on mc's for riding modded bikes. Fucking low life cunts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12