Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just sticking my head in

Blog Entries
    Not 100% on the ins-and-outs of VIC regulations. Maybe one of the VIC guys can help you out here?

ASF Basic Full Member
    Ok i ended up test riding a couple of rsv mille's and a tuono chasing this magical mystical "more torque" thing, agonised over which one to get, all three were pretty nice, low k's and well priced (one of the milles had carbon wheels and all the trackday fruit btw, holy shit do carbon wheels make a bike nimble!!!)
    and even though i suppose they had torque and midrange, i was a bit under whelmed by all three bikes as far as having any real grunt under 4-5k rpm, by which time my 900rr has pretty much already got its cock out anyway, not to mention, the v-twin sounds pretty much the same to me regardless of rpm, and i just fit on the 900 better. Getting back on that is like slipping on my favorite undies.
    So after getting offered $800 for the blade because it needs $1200 worth of roadworthy items (it does) so they can sell it for $3k, iv decided to tizz her up a bit and keep it. chuck on a top yoke and handlebar, and start toying with ideas for a nose cone on it.
    Its going to be a pretty slow build, and pretty much going to be a no-fucks-given aproach (apart from mechanical items) as im still up to my arse in the car im building.

Anyways, im looking at getting a top-yoke from topyokes.com, they look the biz, but it seems renthal handlebars are hard to come by these days. Everything on their site seems to be "no stock left".

So the question is; Where else can i get a "drag" bar or a handle bar with no rise on it, similar to the renthal [edit, sorry] "road sports", prefferably in a fat bar?
    I dont know which brands are which. Just dont want cheap shit.

Cheers Nick.
    Last edited by Squid; 22-09-2014 at 05:08 PM.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	6080 there she sits, not that anyone's never seen one before (with dust, photo's a few months old, been riding a lot more again lately) looks easier to fighter than an aprilia too. nothing stupid attached to the frame or anything. tank is a nicer shape, easier on the eye.
    Last edited by Squid; 22-09-2014 at 01:58 PM.

go the blade !!

ASF Basic Full Member
    Fuck yeah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    So the question is; Where else can i get a "drag" bar or a handle bar with no rise on it, similar to the renthal [edit, sorry] "road sports", prefferably in a fat bar?
    I dont know which brands are which. Just dont want cheap shit.
    Ben will make you some up, whatever spec you want: www.extremecreations.com.au - Drop him a line and mention you are from here.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    $800 for that? I'd fork out at least $1500

Fuck bikes are cheap nowadays....but maybe a good reason to keep it and mod it how you want.

I don't think Ben makes bars. There's a few makes of fatbar around, but they mostly seem to be "fat" to avoid having the crossbar thingy in them.. and you only need the crossbar because of all the bends.

If you want to stay low the Renthal type dragbars shouldn't need the added fat.
    Last edited by Large; 23-09-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Have a look at these, there's loads to choose from. I got myself the Streefighter bars. Nice quality bit of kit they are too

http://shop.kenma.com.au/categories/...e-Handlebars-/

ASF Basic Full Member
    You guys are awesome. will investigate these leads further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12