Thread: 2000 R6 RAM air Question

Pizza delivery boy/girl

2000 R6 RAM air Question

Hey guys,
    I've finally returned back to 2 wheels after a long money struggle and university study and my new whip is a 2000 R6 with a little more plastic than I prefer.
    I just have a question about the air intake. When I had my old ZX6, there was a bit of modification apparently needed for the ram air pressure so you don't glug on the freeway. I've tried looking into this matter for the 2000 R6 thinking there would be the same issue but I've just seen a bunch of guys saying they didn't need any air box modification?
    Has anyone had any experience with fightering a carby'd R6 and the air intake?
    Thanks guys

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    There was a bloke that fightered one of these a few years ago, the name kiwikdx rings a bell, but im honestly not 100% certain. He doesnt appear to post here much now.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Ah damn, I hope i can figure it out soon, I really keen to get working on it asap

Jarrod's gone back to NZ and I saw him posting that he was also selling the project bike.

Post up the question on the NZ fighters fb page and maybe he'll pop in there?

On my carby'd R1 I never had any issues and did no modification to the airbox

just been looking into the mods for the zxr750 for the same reason from what i can gather the kwakas problems were because they tried to get to fancy with there fuel bowl venting hence the mod to make it equal pressure to the air box , id say yammy may have been smarter in there design in seeing there is not much info on the net of people needing to mod them youd prob be fine the way it is

I remember riding a fightered R6 some years back and all that was done was to remove all the scoops and it rode pretty nice.

I think the plumbing is a bit different to the Kwaks so they aren't as finniky to set up.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the quick replies
    I'll give a go at posting up in the NZ fb page, thanks wacky.
    If what you say is true hillsy then i'll have a look and experiment a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by wackyrider View Post
    Jarrod's gone back to NZ and I saw him posting that he was also selling the project bike.
    Shit I wonder if he'll part it out and sell me those lurverly spokey dokey wheels