Thread: TL1000R-ish rear axles?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

TL1000R-ish rear axles?

So, i've got a narrowed TL1000R swingarm in my kat - from memory we narrowed it about 1" - is there a hollow axle out there thats the same diameter as the TL, but a little shorter? Thinking about redoing the bearings etc in the rear wheel and putting a hollow axle in it (currently using the solid katana axle with spacers at the adjuster blocks).

Weekend Warrior
    GB, there is a fella named Vandriver over on 'TLPlanet'. He is a fitter and turner and CNC's alot of very trik parts for TL's. Go there and pm him. He will be able to help you.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    can you have the tl one shortened and rethreaded ?

I don't have a TL axle to begin with, so if there's something out there that's the right dimeter, and a little shorter than a TL unit, then that would be what I would buy..

OK, so I've now found out that TL, SRAD and Busa all use the same 32mm axle, so I wonder if anyone else went 32mm?
    Shortening is probably not going to work - from what I understand they're necked down internally for a 25mm thread.

Weekend Warrior
    what you can do is get the TL axle cut and shortened and get a decent machinist to weld it back together then machine it smooth again (I had to get a Aprilia axle extended for my TL) and this is how it was done. you could get it shortened in the center of the bearings area

Weekend Warrior
    by the way do you have pics of this swing arm?

Quote Originally Posted by TillerRider View Post
    by the way do you have pics of this swing arm?
    Looks exactly like a polished TL1000R arm that's had 25mm cut out of the middle to fit between the pilion peg hangers of a Katana...

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Pics would make that so much easier to imagine...

I had the same issue fitting the zx10 swinger with GSXR extensions and wheel to my ZX7. the GSXR axle was to wide for the zx10 swinger I couldn't get it shortened due because they are necked down the I got a new axle made. It's abit heavier than the stock unit but fits like a glove so happy.
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    If you get measurements and draw up a decent picture I can smash one out on my CNC lathe.