Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buell Mutant

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    You know, I`ve been on Jap bikes all my life !

Then in 2007 I decided to take a big departure from my Busas and bought a new XB12S.
    Well fark me was I pleasantly surprised as to how well they GO ! !

Its a totally different riding style to Jap bikes.

Its a very simple style.......... you keep it in top, with the throttle wide open and do`nt slow down for bends because you do`nt need to ! []
    You can throw it at bends at stupid speed and it goes round on rails.

I`ve had some big fun really pissing guys off on sports bikes with the 100bhp kiddie BMX bike
    I liked it so much I`m going to get another one later this year.

Bet yours sounds nice ?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hos what ya said exactly mate Buell's are underated and are perfect road bikes. I wonder what the Jap superbike guys think when theres a ashmatic 2 valve pushrod Vtwin up there ass in the twisties? I guess it's I can't wait for the next straight!

you guys are right, they do handle great.

i just couldnt help but feel like i had a vibrator stuck up my arse the whole time riding one so i guess it kind of lost its appeal real quick after that.

the guzzi i had ridden didnt vibrate as much as the buell and thats saying something!

if they just got that little vibrator issue sorted and say another 20 or so horses added it would be an absolutely brilliant machine

oh and it could do with a bit more front brake, well it stops and it stops well but didnt like the feel of it, probably something to do with the fact its mostly harley parts [xx(]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    90 degree V twin's are near perfectly balanced thats why the guzzi feels better. The only Harley part on early buell's is the engine.
    the frame is made in Italy by Verlicchi who also make Ducati, Moto Morini Bmw etc'c frames. The wheels are made by either Castalloy(Australian Made) early Buells and the newer XB series are made in China by Enki. My suspension is fully adjustable Showa and the brakes are Nissin. The swingarm is made by Brembo. So there bitsa's just like so many other makes.

the thing i rode was an xb12 lightning perhaps?
    i was refering to the harley brake leavers.
    but yeah the brakes just didnt FEEL like a jap bike or an italian. i had just stepped off a 999 so maybe thats why i didnt rate the brakes but to be honest they where not even as good as my k5 750

oh and about the guzzi, dont get me wrong that thing shakes like one of those brazilian dancing chicks but not much of it was transfered to the pegs, seat and bars like the buell. that thing would have given me rsi if i had ridden it much longer than the 20 minute fang i had on it

Rode a new 1125CR recently, uglier than a hat full of assholes but that rotax engine is really something else, if i could just get over the hideous looks I would buy one in a flash.

Your S1 looks awesome BTW.

I agree they feel a bit different on the front brake.

But the front is ALIVE on them !!!!
    You need forearms like Popeye to keep it tidy !

Ultra sharp steering angle, light as fuck, no steering damper, big radial disc and 6 pot caliper, chunky forks with massive damping, Corsa ultra sticky tyres, huge disc area, massive torque....it makes the front feel very different, but not bad. Takes time to get used to.......... and yes they are different to Jap bikes, but not in a bad way.

You have to try one ! Just go and demo ride one ??

Gotta say this bike made me piss myself with laughter all the time!
    Its a no brainer of a stunt BMX bike.
    Its SO alive, I`m hanging it round some tight country lanes up near Rutland thinking: fuck me !! I`m gonna put this in the hedge in a minute [][][] Best laugh in years !

I ripped the mirrors off and put some bar end mirrors on.
    So when I`m sat on the bike I cannot see any bike at all. Wierd sensation ? You are right out there in it ! Feels great.
    Keep thinking... am I on a bike ?? Wheres the bike ??

The bike vibrates like an old Brit bike, the gear changes have to be slower and positive. It farts and bangs like a proper bike.
    The bikes overall finish is infinitely better than the Jap stuff.
    But it does it handle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it

The only downside I found with the Buells over here in England is the Harley Dealers.

The HD dealers are full of shit attitudes towards customers, sexist, dinosaurs, know sweetFA about tuning or fuelling and not interested in Buells and general shit service. I you wanna Harley you`ll get plenty of arse kissing. Wanna Buell and they do`nt wanna talk to you.

The Buell is the only "Harley" I`d ever have, the rest of the chrome gin palaces are just that.

quote:Originally posted by joesbuell

Hos what ya said exactly mate Buell's are underated and are perfect road bikes. I wonder what the Jap superbike guys think when theres a ashmatic 2 valve pushrod Vtwin up there ass in the twisties? I guess it's I can't wait for the next straight!
    Did a run to the east coast on my own last year, sunny day, warm sunshine.
    Main A roads all the way across big open farm land [8D]

I was cruising at 70 and enjoying the warm sun [8D]
    Long straight road and I got buzzed real close and real fast by a couple of guys on sports bikes..... fuckin rookies!! No need for that.
    So I cogged the Buell down a notch or two and wound it up, I`m steaming with those two total disrespectful wankers.
    These two guys are rubbish and I`m watching their rookie manouvers from behind, doing all the usual stupid rookie moves overtaking cars.
    Doesnt take me long to catch them up and of course they`re sweating trying to keep ahead of me..... no riding skills are very apparent.
    I wait till we hit a tight mini island when I`m tight behind them and then while they`re braking for the island I shoot straight past on the outside, no need to brake on the Buell, stuff them on the outside on the mini island and shouted WANKER ! at the lead rider as I hoofed past, still on the gas as I exited the island.
    Ten miles late they eventually managed to get past me with greater stop speed on about a mile long straight.

Those bikes were a GSXR750 and a Duke 999.

Road skills and a bike that handles win.
    Made my point gentlemen.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Here's a little video of the Mutant the Mrs and I did this afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG03lX5QTwE

Cheers
    Jodie

ASF Premium Full Member
    That stretch of road reminds me of one of the scenes out of Mad Max

That big grin says it all mate !

Nice noise [8D]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Thanks

Was only a quick vid as I was asked by some Buell forum guys as to what the bikes sounded like. I will do more once I have a camera that I can mount onboard

I would love to have had a camera on the bike for our last ride as we had 12 Buell's!

Cheers
    Jodie

I know I shouldnt say it slim but I'm gunna, you guys shoulda come to muster. Hows the ugly comming along?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Stu we have a mini muster every ride mate!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I'm loving the Uly, there a very underated bike! Just ask some of the locals I ride with

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Here's my new 09 Buell XB12XT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsKPZvF3rM

Cheers
    Jodie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123