Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: project dirt fighter 2, 1995 zxr 750

Weekend Warrior
    looking good mate

ASF Standard Full Member
    Fuck you go alright building bikes Scotty.
    That little stubby looks cool. If it turns out to work ok I may commission you to knock one up for me.

I can't wait to see it once it's painted.

This build is awesome; I'd never have thought of using a ZXR for anything off road!

Top job!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    so back into it since the season start is not far away and i have shit loads to do so back on the bench and strip it down to get rid of whats not needed, tidy up some of the wiring and fix up some of the general bodgyness thats been done to this bike over its life time

first thing was to fix up the tank mount , the jerk had just ran some teks through it to hold it down since the original nutserts were rooted , fixed now but

then i discovered the airbox has no filter in it luckly its clean as a whistle in there

the busted and tek screwed gear side rearset was horrid so yella came to the rescue with these 9r ones and thery fit perfect

next was to remove the breather system gear from what i can gather by looking at it is that the airbox being air ram has these vac controlled units so positive pressure doesnt force the fumes back in the crack case and fuel bowls ??? either way there coming off and ill have a catch can instead

convieniently all these vac ports and hosing under the carbs thats not needed could make a great spot for a direct port no2 jets

next was some more bodgyness found under the tank , some shit fittings and the hose was just clamped over the threaded fitting , will have to sort something out here as there is no reserve and the fuel pump doesnt look to be the right one and the wiring is shit

then my favorite wiriing but it wasnt to bad and i was able to get it all tucked away

and my fancy over flow

coming along well mate

can't wait to see it in action
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Blog Entries
    any progress is progress

back to it , so I did some research before binning all that breather system and it turns out its the best thing you can do to them , over engineered air ram/breather emissions crap , so I did the removal and the airbox fuel bowl mod so fingers crossed it all good

then finished off the wiring cables rerouted , the brake line wasn't long enough so out with the tape and down to motorcycle masters and a rummage through there parts I found a rf900 one to be perfect so front end sorted , the old mini ressies of the yzf fitted on and mounted a little agricultural but it works , bars painted , front conti tyre fitted (its pretty sweet) then it was time to paint the rest of it

last things to do fit new clutch fibres , fit 2 stage rev limiter , fit chain and new wheel bearings in the rear wheel , all before 11th oct haha good luck to me , but luck is happening , I ordered my long chain from the us on 25th and I got it yesterday 6 day including the weekend that's bullshit , aus post lift your game

Blog Entries
    This bike is going to be surrounded like bees to a honey pot at the next meeting mate. Let's hope she goes as good as she looks.

well that pipe does fark all , though sounds mint but mega loud

That sounds seriously mean, they'll definitely hear you hitting the track!

Weekend Warrior
    Awesome. No other I4 sounds quite like a Kawasaki.

Weekend Warrior

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

That RSV4 tail looks awesome,

cheers fellas

so update well the bikes finished so here are some pics
    2 step limiter fitted

and tested

new lowering links made up to get it just right but that extension and im guessing the longer links have made the rear really soft

then it was sticker it time and new clutch fibres

And now for the finished product , im pretty happy how it turned out and how it performed on the day , some more traction would be nice and a stiffer rear but im on to that . the 2 step was awesome on the day just perfect that I can dial in the agro-ness off the line with the throttle wide open and dropping the clutch just hanging on to it and hoping for the best , the paddle tyre I had to take of on race day the track just was to hard but the conti did well just the soft rear letting it down but you cant ask to much from a tyre with 100+ hp and wide open throttle lauches in the dirt , just some more time in the saddle is needed and this thing should be a rocket once dialled in its showing potential with the original trench wench only crossing the top of the 200mtr track at 120kph this thing the best I got on the day was 133kph and that's only going to get better

and some action from the day

and a vid done by alan im the second run shit start but I reel the quad in just before the finish line

Blog Entries
    Mate, that camera and your new found photography skills are fucking great! As for the bike; next level material! Sweet.

Those stills look like the bike was flying!

Cool as fuck Mr. Dirtfighter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123