Thread: Pulse 500 v4 moto gp

Pulse 500 v4 moto gp

Hello, my name is Ruben Ferrer, contacting from Spain. I am a motorcycle mechanic and a big fan of bikes twostroke. I have several ones of GP's world championship.
    I'm trying to sell two of them:

One of them is a Pulse 500 which was ridden by Jason Vicent GrB in the world championship in 2001.
    The bike was purchased at MUZ 500 team which rodeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	10150819_842872589060972_832882522_n.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	5685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2706.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	5686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6058.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	5687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6065.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	5688Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0798.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	5689 it in the 1999 season.
    Engine: 108 4V Swissauto º (39, 5kg) with 4 magnesium Mikuni carburetors.
    200 hp at 12500 rpm
    There are only 2 in the world.
    Information at Wikipedia
    http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Pulse_500
    http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Muz_500
    Perfect condition.
    In its days competing against Valentino Rossi’s Honda, Max Biaggi's Yamaha and
    Sete Gibernau’s Suzuki.
    Price: $ 198,000

And the other one is a Honda RS500 RF replica of Freddie Spencer.

www.milanuncios.com/motos-clasicas/pulse-500-v4-moto-gp-123571993.htm

www.milanuncios.com/motos-clasicas/honda-rs-500-123613073.htm

Blog Entries
    So don't know what to do with this post...........

Weekend Warrior
    Remove the for sale details and leave it? (give a warning though)

its got some interesting bits in it

Blog Entries
    He posted on just about every other forum on the planet at the same time, so there is no shortage of details. I would obviously state that there is nobody here with a spare $198,000 so he was kind of wasting his time anyway. Anyone with that kind of money is smart enough not to buy a bike for that kind of money from a bloke "off the internet" (once apon a time known as "bloke at the pub").

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Do you do 'Pay by the Month' plans? I can pay you $20/mo which means i'll have it paid off by 2839.

But really, These are cool little bikes.. How did you get your hands on these? I don't even understand.. Do GP bikes go up for sale after they're done using them or something, or is this just through and through fake? Pardon my ignorance.

Weekend Warrior
    The last time you could buy a factory GP bike was when Honda was making NSR500Vs (the v-twin 500cc racer). John Allen used to punt one but I don't think he owned it. I remember seeing an incredible race between him on the NSR and I think Andrew Stroud on a ZX-7RR, at Eastern Creek (Sydney Motor Sport Park for you young punks). Just the two bikes in a head-to-head between 2T and 4T, I would love to see that footage again. The Kawasaki got the jump out of the corners but the NSR had him by the next corner - it was great! From memory the NSR won but if the finish line had been closer to T12 it would have been anyones race.

Since then the factory bikes have been lease only, but you can still buy privateer bikes - CRT bikes recently, and prior to that the custom built bikes like the Proton, Illmor, Aprilia Cube etc. But you need at least six figures...

I'd say these bikes are the real deal, although if I was the sort of bloke that was in the market I wouldn't be buying based on a random dude spamming every bike forum on the planet... the guys that buy these bikes know where to go to buy them, that much is certain.

Gix11 I'd just ban the dude but leave this up, it's certainly interesting - some of the pics are mad.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    In the earlier days (500cc 2T) besides giving the Championship winner one as a trophy,and maybe a display/museum piece,the factories used to crush the bikes,so the other factories wouldn't get their hands on one and look into it.
    But just last year, Ducati did sell a Rossi and a Stoner GP bike at auction.
    http://www.gizmag.com/ducati-to-sell...achines/21795/
    I cant find a link,but off memory,i think they both went for under $300k....which i thought was a bargain (for those with that sort of play money....not me!)
    There was also a website that had heaps of rare old racebikes,that had heaps of genuine WSBK/BSB, Moto2, 125 and 250 GP Bikes and other Factory racebikes for sale.....but i cant seem to find a web address for it!

Edit: Heres a linky to a KRV5.....its no Jap GP bike....but close enough....
    http://rmdmotors.com/2004-kenny-robe...urtis-roberts/
    Last edited by nick76; 15-04-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    There's a handful of ROC Yamahas, works Yamahas and Suzuki RGV500s in private hands - the works Yams and Suzukis are uber rare, the ROC Yams and Pulse/MuZ bikes weren't "controlled" by the factory like some of the works stuff.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    correct
    Last edited by davo; 11-05-2014 at 08:58 PM.