Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newish bike, + no cat = ticket

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Headed out for a ride on Sat. On the way up to Mt Mee had a cop in a Pajero chuck hos lights on and do a U-turn before he came chasing after myself and another 3 bikes. I was at the back of the pack so played it safe and put the indicator on and pulled over when I deemed it safe to. He alleged I was doing 100 in a 60 zone which I politely did not accept. I may have not been doing the limit but I'm quite sure I wasn't doing that speed. At the same time I wasn't really focused on the dash.

After putting the fender eliminator on the MV tail I played it safe and put a piece of plastic with a reflector on it before heading out for the ride. After a brief chat with the cop I got let off with a warning, he just noted my details in a notebook.

I have a question on this now. the cop reckoned that the his radar told him we were doing a 100kph. Yet he was coming around a corner in the opposite direction and I was the 4th bike in. How the hell can he say what speed I was doing. I have read a few articles about being able to contest Stationary speed cameras if the angle is not correct and the vehicle has to be on a flat plain, yet here we have 2 vehicles travelling in opposing directions and at variable speeds with the angle constantly changing, not to mention (in this case) 4 possible target vehicles. How can he state what speed I was doing???

BTW, I had the Leo VInce pipe on my bike and nothing was mentioned about this, nor anything else on the bike

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    From reports elsewhere the vichicle inspections today
    were around Peaks Crossing and another between Boohna
    and Beaudesert and they were very interested in bikes.
    Northside turned out to be safe today.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Quote Originally Posted by wackyrider View Post
    I have a question on this now. the cop reckoned that the his radar told him we were doing a 100kph. Yet he was coming around a corner in the opposite direction and I was the 4th bike in. How the hell can he say what speed I was doing. I have read a few articles about being able to contest Stationary speed cameras if the angle is not correct and the vehicle has to be on a flat plain, yet here we have 2 vehicles travelling in opposing directions and at variable speeds with the angle constantly changing, not to mention (in this case) 4 possible target vehicles. How can he state what speed I was doing???
    He was hoping for an admission of guilt because he didn't have anything that would stand up. The front bike may have been doing a hundred, but trying to pin the other three wouldn't have stood up in court. Anyway, your mate up the front owes you many beers for saving his bacon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GammaBoy View Post
    He was hoping for an admission of guilt because he didn't have anything that would stand up. The front bike may have been doing a hundred, but trying to pin the other three wouldn't have stood up in court. Anyway, your mate up the front owes you many beers for saving his bacon.
    What this man said, btw at least you kept the cat when you did yr pipe

I though that he's be hoping for admission of guilt as I find it hard that he could pinpoint my speed due to the circumstances. None the less the rest of the day I was paranoid about seeing cops behind every corner, lol. Meant I was the slowest rider due to this.

I do believe how you approach the situation can help as I was calm and friendly with the cop, but this goes both ways and at times they are just out there to get you no matter what.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    QLD cops got x-ray vision or something to see earplugs thru helmets ?

I also run a Leo Vince with Cat,came with 2 bungs and E certification labels to match standard can decibels. A 4mm allen key and its back to GP mode as soon as im out of Qld. Didn't see the use of cat eliminator as I didnt need more horsepower. Got road blocked at Glorious a few months back.20 odd cops + transport cocks. Renewed my rego by Bpay day before. Lucky my old label and reflector had vibrated off or cuntface was gunna book me for riding with expired label and illegal reflector vibrator. Did a transport check,told me to put my fender back on,never mentioned the pipe,but arxed what my throttle stop was...after explaining he was going to buy 1 to replace his wrist rocker on his "work bike". Roads are shit in Qld anyway, i'm just gunna tow my bike around on a trailer and pretend I race instead.Thats how to pull bitch's these days punters...just arx me.
    Last edited by davo; 17-02-2014 at 08:29 PM.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    no cat stuff is bullshit unless adr's have changed recently?

ear plugs block high freq wind noise which is what fucks ur hearing, dumfukkers
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    unless the cop has a blue mechs ticket like i have he can keep his paws off me bike and get me an engineer to defect it ...chances are he wont know hat to look for anyway ..its all speculation thats easily defended in court they work on the assumption you wont bother to contest it ...i did in 2012 in port mac defended myself and made the police look like an amateur s they didnt even bother to prepare thier case properly which pissed off the beak and he was instantly on my side

Quote Originally Posted by GammaBoy View Post
    The fuckstain that said "On occasion, officers see motorcyclists riding around with ear plugs because the mufflers are too loud" has obviously never worn a modern Arai. Fucking things are 100dBA at highway speeds.
    I reckon.... I only wear earplugs because of the shitty wind noise from my helmet at 100k's+ and its a decent Shoei

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12