Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Petition against the 3 bikes crap in the papers.....

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    What will be interesting, is in 12 months time
    how it has actually effected "outlaw / 1%" clubs.
    I'm expecting thing to change a bit but I fail to see
    how the current laws will have much to do with it.

Signed, Do you think there gonna get more defect freindly with the new law even if your not in an outlaw club? Would we be picked on as a group of social riders cause we wear a united tshirt/patch?
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Mate the attorney general has stated that social riders will be affected by this bullshit. As of today it is law.........

Under the Criminal Law (Criminal Gangs Disruption) Amendment Bill, once declared a criminal organisation, members of the 26 clubs will be banned from attending their clubhouses and hanging out in groups of three or more.

Again, bikie gangs are trying to drag the rest of us into their problems to save their own arses...

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Wtf Dan ?
    Its the GOVERNMENT making the laws that will affect us not the clubs....
    I'm not going down this path again with you....
    I guess you believe everything the courier mail tells you. ...

As one top cop said last year...they represent about 20% of the drug trade on gold coast.....the russians , middle eastern and chinese gangs are loving this hysteria......for them its business as usual.
    Last edited by sharky; 17-10-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

How will it affect me?

So people actually ride there bikes?

That's not the streetfighter way.... shouldn't they be in bits in the shed

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruisecontrol View Post
    How will it affect me?
    This is from facebook-

need to put this out there so please bear with me it'll get a little long. This week after years of riding I joined the MRAQ and the UMCQ, I am no longer content to just lurk. Last week I was pulled over 4 times, and I am as far removed from the imagine of a bikie as you can get. I am a 35 yo geek, I work as an IT Manager and I haven't seen the inside of a gym for a good 10 years. So yeah the police aren't just targeting perceived OMC member's but anyone riding a motorcycle. I am not a proponent of illegal activities but I have to stand up for the civil liberties that are being eroded in Queensland.

All this talk about the need for new laws to control "bikie gangs" because of their alleged criminal activities is nonsense. We have laws that allow the police to arrest criminals; these laws apply to all residents of Australia, not just one group.

Apparently, under these new powers “gang members can be dragged before secret hearings and jailed if they refuse to answer questions. Under new unexplained wealth laws, the bikies stand to lose their bikes, their homes, businesses and cash if they can't convince the crime commission that they have come by them all by legal means” (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/australian-crime-commission-takes-aim-at-turf-war-sydney-bikies-on-the-gold-coast/story-fni0cx12-1226731920255).

Furthermore, the “Newman Government plans to introduce laws to prevent members from gathering in groups, from wearing club colours in bars and restaurants and from owning or working in tattoo parlours” (http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2013/s3859470.htm).

All that sounds a lot like discrimination to me.

Under the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (QLD) grounds for unlawful discrimination includes “political belief or activity”, and the areas covered by the Act include: • work and work related; • club membership; • administration of state laws and programs; • local government.

Unfortunately, the Act fails to define “political belief”, but the Macquarie dictionary includes the following in its definition of “political”: • of or relating to the governing of a nation, state, municipality, etc • engaged in or connected with civil administration • having a definite policy or system of government • of or relating to citizens; and defines “belief” as “that which is believed; an accepted opinion”.

So, we can define someone’s “political beliefs” as their accepted opinion on how their group of citizens should be administered.

Therefore, the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 must apply. Which, in turn, makes what the Queensland Government is proposing in direct contravention of its own legislation. Since the penalty is three months in prison, is Mr Newman planning to incarcerate himself?

The Act also states that a “person must not victimise another person”. Surely, locking people up without redress to the laws that apply to all citizens of this nation must be seen as victimisation.

Now, I concur the many members of bikie clubs look scary, but that is not a reason to treat them differently from other members of the community. Because if we allow this erosion of civil rights where does it stop?

The bikie gangs have been accused of criminal activities, yet very few criminal charges have been laid. The rhetoric that attributes the actions of a few to the many smacks of the tactics used by Hitler to initiate anti-Semitic behaviour. Hitler wrote about the involvement of Jews in “the social phenomenon of prostitution, and more especially in the white slave traffic” (Mein Kampf) and used that as a jumping off point that ultimately led to the Holocaust.

Campbell Newman has said, “we are going to act like no state has acted before. We will try every possible approach to shut them down” (30/09/13). “Every gang member will be assumed to be a criminal and treated as such until this is over” (Campbell Newman 29/09/13).

Did I miss something? Has Australia withdrawn from the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), which guarantees the right to presumption of innocence? It also guarantees the right to a fair trial and fair hearing, and minimum guarantees in criminal proceedings, such as the right to counsel and not to be compelled to self-incriminate.

“The UN Human Rights Committee has stated that the presumption of innocence imposes on the prosecution the burden of proving the charge and guarantees that no guilt can be presumed until the charge has been proved beyond reasonable doubt” (http://www.ag.gov.au/RightsAndProtections/HumanRights/PublicSectorGuidanceSheets/Pages/Presumptionofinnocence.aspx).

Perhaps Mr Newman and the rest of his fascist regime need to read the Covenant and the other six human rights treaties to which Australia is a signatory.

I can find no correlation between preventing three or more people riding motorcycles together and the eradication of organised crime. Nor can what people choose to wear have a significant impact on organised crime. The recent events at the Gold Coast have resulted in a number of people being arrested for rioting and affray. Further investigations have managed to turn up a number of minor drug charges. None of it worthy of the propaganda campaign that is currently being waged in the media.

Given the number of people in Australia who are members of a motorcycle club the percentage who have been convicted of a major crime is relatively small. In fact the number of police found guilty of major crimes is comparable, as is the number of Catholic priests found guilty of sexual abuse. Yet no-one appears to be suggesting that priests should not be allowed to work in churches or with children, or that police officers should not be put in a position where they can abuse their powers.

Yes, there are members of motorcycle clubs who break the law. Catch them and convict them. Yes, there are members of motorcycle clubs who become involved in brawls. Again, catch them and convict them. But also catch and convict all the footballers, night club drunks, and others who exhibit similar antisocial behaviour.

Can we please forgo the draconian measures being proposed and allow common sense and fairness to prevail? I certainly hope so.

It upsets me greatly that the Queensland Constitution clearly sets out that all legislation at all times & in all things does equal justice to all persons and yet we have a State Government that holds our constitution in contempt, & are are quite happy to forgo the basic tenants of our justice system.

Sorry for the length, like I said just wanted to get it off my chest.

Sounds like it's going to affect anyone who dares to ride a bike in Queensland.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Except those that choose to bury their heads in the sand aye Dan ????
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Blog Entries
    I've been stopped going UP Mt Glorious,
    and again coming back DOWN.
    5 minutes apart, same cop.
    RBT, licence check and vehicle inspection.
    Group ride.

I've been stopped twice just over the NSW border,
    in the same direction, a couple of K's apart.
    RBT, licence check, vehicle inspection.
    ... again, Sunday group ride.

Cops needs to contact a guy I ride with (not crime related)
    but he had new phone / address so they called ME! So obviously
    I / we are on a data base.

Funny thing is, all this happened 3 or 4 years back,
    without the terrible new laws. Not real different for me so far.

Blog Entries
    I find it interesting that 99% of stuff I read is about
    how its going to effect poor Joe Average.

Not seeing much from the public / motorcyclists on how
    they think it will effect the groups it's actually aimed at,
    if its seen to be good / bad and if they support 1%'rs or
    actually want them gone.

The Elephant in the room ?

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Except those that choose to bury their heads in the sand aye Dan ????
    I get involved when it affects me. I attended rallies to stop the CTP increase because that actually affected all riders.
    I am not, nor have I ever been a member of the 26 gangs declared so I have no issue with this whatsoever.

"Not seeing much from the public / motorcyclists on how
    they think it will effect the groups it's actually aimed at,
    if its seen to be good / bad and if they support 1%'rs or
    actually want them gone.

The Elephant in the room ?"

Exactly Tony. The 1%ers are, as usual, using the rest of the motorcycle community to help their own cause.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    MRAQ is a pretty ineffectual group - MRA in other states has achieved change, but MRAQ are amateurs. A mate of mine has been at me and our mates to all join MRAQ, and see to it that people who are usefull and effective advocate/activist types get into seats... might be time to make that happen.

UMCQ, I have been lead to believe, is heavily polluted by gang reps (ie the fuckwit who said the new laws would drive "Honest" bikies to crime).

Potentially the biggest effect we will see, is driven by the hype - see Sharky's experience on the weekend of the cops being called by a member of the public, or a mate of mine with a shaved head today:
    "Rode the Husky up to the shops to grab a couple of things, got followed through the supermarket by a security guard, got a couple of "Tuts" off older people and overheard a wife ask her husband "what gang is he in?"......."

We're well on the way to being seen as undesireables simply for riding motorcycles... again.

As for the laws tageting "Outlaw motorcycle gangs" - well fuck, some of the gangs targeted (Notorious for one - they're a bunch of lebbo fuckwits from Sydney that wear gay sunnies and Ed Hardy shirts, and Muslim Brotherhood don't either I think).
    They could have achieved 99% of the effect without dragging motorcyclists in general into this.
    Last edited by GammaBoy; 17-10-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Oh, and for you guys saying "i've been pulled over for years, this won't change anything" - yes, QPol traffic branch and TMR have had a hardon for "Protecting Motorcyclist from themselves" - this is just giving them more of an excuse to give us a hard time.

Weekend Warrior
    I remember the hysteria in the mid 70s when some Brisbane patch wearers allegedly did the wrong thing at a party. The politicians and media had a field day whipping up anti biker bullshit just like now. Car drivers were throwing bottles at us and even running us off the road and pubs and shops would tell us to leave. Cops did fuck all about it then and they sure as shit wont do anything to help us this time.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    This is from Bliejie's old boss-

Bleijie’s old boss links new anti-bikie laws to Nazi era

THE man who moved Jarrod Bleijie's admission as a solicitor has likened new anti-bikie laws to the Nazi era and says the Attorney-General has forgotten the basics of the law.
    Kyle Kimball, a senior director of Sajen Legal where Mr Bleijie worked from 2006 until his election to Parliament in 2009, said new laws eroded civil liberties.
    The State Government's new Vicious Lawless Associations Disestab
    lishment Bill and the Criminal Gang Destruction Bill have been criticised by civil libertarians and legal experts who say they give the government the power to declare groups and people to be criminals without a trial.
    The Attorney-General will also have the power to keep people in jail indefinitely under other legislative changes.
    Mr Kimball took to Facebook to challenge Mr Bleijie's sweeping new laws.
    "Nothing like removing judicial discretion eh JB? And your very own star chamber to boot?" he wrote.
    "Are the constabulary so woefully inefficient that they are unable to prove a case and secure a conviction without a coerced confession by some throwback process from the middle ages?
    "What's on the agenda after bikies? Who else will be for the truth serum?"
    Mr Kimball told the Daily that the new laws showed disregard for laws developed over hundreds of years to protect people from persecution.
    He pointed out fascist governments had been empowered by similar laws.
    "The Nazis came to power with pieces of law like this," he said. "It may seem melodramatic but it's not."
    Mr Kimball said the legislative changes also disregarded principles of sentencing which required consideration of the circumstances of the case and consistency of sentencing.
    "I thought my partners and I had taught him better, but what we taught him seems to have vanished," he said.
    Mr Kimball said the Attorney-General had not responded to any of his Facebook posts.
    He said Mr Bleijie would not be surprised that he had challenged him as the Sajen legal office had always been a scene of debate.
    "I'd just like to get Jarrod to think about it from a different perspective."
    http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/...nazis/2055672/

ASF Gold Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post

As one top cop said last year...they represent about 20% of the drug trade on gold coast.....the russians , middle eastern and chinese gangs are loving this hysteria......for them its business as usual.
    The thing being, if anyone tried to construct a legal framework that prevented Russians, Middle Eastern types or Chinese from meeting in groups gresater than 3 then they'd get thrown in chokey for being racist...

Which brings me to a point. What if a family happens to have three people who all ride bikes? Are they not allowed to all be at home at the same time?...
    www.flat-out.com

..ok my two bob ..i have no prblem with the old bill nickin idiots who have done too many roids and think they can intimidate the local populace by "doin a samcro".....but indiscriminately stoppin everyone is nuts and is also counterproductive as it will drive the real nutters underground ..nuff said

ps....i experienced this shit in the 70s wheni was 17 and a spotty RD riding yoof in SARF east london i couldnt get served in most pubs because of my chosen garb and mode of transport .. nothing to do with the old bill just the hype the media inspired and the fall out from rockers and mods kickin shit out of each other on bank holidays..... ten years earlier ....shit sticks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast