Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition against the 3 bikes crap in the papers.....

Bloke with a smaller stick

Petition against the 3 bikes crap in the papers.....

An online petition has been started against the Queensland Government’s proposed legislation that discriminates against people riding motorcycles.
    The petition is being run through Change.org rather than the government’s own ePetition since the red tape involved with the latter would mean it may not be ready in time for the rally tomorrow (October 12) at DJ Smith Park in Canungra from 9am.
    Paper copies of the petition will be available at the rally or you can sign the petition now by clicking here.

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...share_petition

This is the wording prepared for us by solicitor and motorcycle rider Jim Feehely.

Dear Mr Newman and Mr Bleije,

In the pursuit of a political campaign to rid Queensland of ‘criminal bikie gangs’, you have each recently made statements to the media that you consider it reasonable that all motorcyclists be subject to overt prejudicial discrimination by legislation and by the conduct of the police.* We, the motorcyclists of Queensland, totally reject that position.

The current police campaign of discriminatorily stopping and detaining motorcyclists for the sole reason that the motorcyclist is riding in company with other motorcyclists is a flagrant breach of our legitimate freedom to use the roads lawfully as is the right of every other Queensland road user.* This campaign does not, to our knowledge, have any legislative authority.* It must, therefore, have executive authority.

This campaign is already legitimising the prejudice of those in the community that hold an unjustified adverse attitude to all motorcyclists without any differentiation between ordinary motorcyclists and what you term ‘criminal bikies’.* *That is already putting our safety on the road in unnecessary and avoidable jeopardy.* That situation will be greatly exacerbated by your government if it enacts legislation that expressly authorises the police to continue or intensify this discriminatory campaign.* We are not what you term ‘criminal bikies’.* We do not engage in criminal activity.* Your statements and your government’s declared intention to pass obviously discriminatory legislation is an insult to every Queensland motorcyclist.

We, the motorcyclists of Queensland, therefore demand to be treated by the Queensland government and the police with fairness and equity to which every other Queensland citizen is entitled.* In particular, we demand the following of the LNP majority in the Queensland parliament:

To refrain from using its majority to enact any legislation that discriminates against motorcyclists as a community group on any grounds whatsoever.

To refrain from enacting legislation that expressly authorises the police to stop and detain any motorcyclist on the basis only that the motorcyclist is riding in company with other motorcyclists.

To use the government’s executive power to instruct the police commissioner to instruct his officers to immediately cease the campaign, already commenced by the police, of randomly, and without any reasonable cause or suspicion, stopping and detaining motorcyclists for the sole reason that the motorcyclist is riding in company with other motorcyclists.

Please, let’s not get into a fight over semantics. It is only the basic sentiment of the petition that really matters, not the exact wording.
    I selected a target of 10,000 signatures which is quite adventurous, I know, but no harm in aiming high.
    Now get out there and share this with your social media friends, business contacts and anyone else who values what freedoms we have left to enjoy in our country.
    And ride safe to the rally tomorrow.
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    done

I signed and have been pushing this on the bike sales group I run on FB.

Good onya.
    We'll be at the rally tomoro. ..might see a few of you lot there.....

If I was further south I'd be there Russ.

Oh, and in case any were thinking..'it won't happen to me'........they have already started....and it's not even passed law yet.....

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    I've been stopped on group rides regularly for the last 9 years.
    Two of these were within 5 K's of each other.
    RBT's, licence checks, TMR vehicle inspections.
    The "new" laws don't seem that new to me.

The most scary thing is all this 'anti bikie' legislation being rushed through with no opposition....once they do it once they will think they can do anything...Fitzgerald enquiry anyone ?

Seeing as how the attorney General has admitted the proposed legislation WILL affect every day bike riders this should be a no-brainer as far as getting together against it.

As Russ has said the police are already throwing their weight around with this shit behind them.

Get onto it people !!

Done. This is an absolutely disgraceful proposal by QLD government.

Done. Damn, didn't see this yesterday or I would have attended

Anyone on FB can express their displeasure here.... https://www.facebook.com/campbell.newman?fref=ts

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Nitrous View Post
    I've been stopped on group rides regularly for the last 9 years.
    Two of these were within 5 K's of each other.
    RBT's, licence checks, TMR vehicle inspections.
    The "new" laws don't seem that new to me.
    when they whip out a camera and demand to take a picture and log all the your details it'll seem fairly new
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, when it happens ill worry,
    then again, maybe I won't worry.
    They are welcome to a picture,
    It'll be quite similar to the one they already have
    on file from my current driving licence.
    (Perhaps I should have protested about that too?)

Had a couple of stops this year for RBT's
    and one looking at Vin's / numbers.

Happy to see them after drunks and stolen bikes.
    No complaints there.

We went to a pub yesterday...one we have been to regularly over the last few years...About 15 or so bikes...
    We're sitting outside having a cold beer...when low and behold...5 plain clothes and a uniform copper appeared....
    Quizzed us, names addresses licenses.....
    Someone in the pub, without consulting the landlord, had called them.....That's what all the media hysteria is doing....
    The landlord told us he would be ringing the station....he wondered why the local cops didn't ring him...he has a good relationship with them.....
    So in total, 5 plain in 2 cars plus 3 more marked cars....half hour of wasted time....how much taxpayers $$$$$$$ ?????

Weekend Warrior
    Sounds like we are going back to the bad old days of the 70s and 80s in Qld. Anyone on a bike was a target for the cops and media back then. Lost my fair share of points and licences just because the politicians had told the cops to get us off the road. Not much fun living in a police state.

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    And you'll love when the laws are passed and you decide to not tell them or bend over for the trunchen. Cause then they'll have the right to detain you doesnt that sound like fun Mein Fuhrer . I wonder If I'll get a star to wear when I come up to visit my son next or if I'll just get shoved in a camp.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Shit I can't open that link on my phone will try tonight in the home computer....

Done ,what next South Australia already descriminates against bike riders ,we need a national rally.

Weekend Warrior
    Whatever draconian legislation Qld brings in has always filtered through to the other states eventually. Basically we are all screwed no matter what state you live in. Must be time to get off our arses and shit can this bullshit once and for all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast