Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE: Newly Built ZX10R Cafe Racer

Pizza delivery boy/girl

FOR SALE: Newly Built ZX10R Cafe Racer

This is possibly the most depressing bike sale I have had to do but life tends you kick you in the arse at slightly unexpected times.

Anyway - I have recently had this bike built by Ben at Extreme Creations. It has never been on the floor; i just wanted a cafe racer and the 10 had been an awesome bike since new.

The link below is to Bens FB page which has photos of the build. It started last November and was finished literally a few weeks back. I haven't even done 800 kms on it yet.

i figure i can let it go to somewhere out in broader bike land but they will have no appreciation whatsoever for the craftsmanship that has gone into this thing. So I figured i would start here and see if anyway tied to ASF wants to see it.

It's supposed to be in Rapid soon I think but I haven't bought a copy so not sure if it's already been.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6649683&type=1

I'm asking $12,000 for it and as Ben will probably not mind me telling you, that's less than it cost to build, let alone the cost of the bike.

Send me a text on 0437308679 or email davegaines00@gmail.com if you're interested.

And Ben, hope you still kept the specs for the subframe as I'll build another one some day

Name:  ZX10R_Cafe_Racer_For_Sale.JPG
Views: 12368
Size:  69.2 KB
    Name:  ZX10R_Cafe_Racer_For_Sale2.JPG
Views: 3570
Size:  75.4 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished 5.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	4740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished 3.jpg 
Views:	1139 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	4741  

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Sorry to hear shit has hit the fan bloke , I'm in a caferacer forum on FB thats mostly based in melb I'll shove up the photos and link it to here for you Help get the word out.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Cheers man. Appreciate the help.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    So it's ok to share this around Dave ?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    sure - more the merrier mate - and thanks. I just need to offload it.

I was going to chuck it on bikesales and eghay some time this week anyway

Sorry to see this one has to go Dave - it was great to watch the build evolve.

I gotta say though - the seat is letting it down a bit. Those folds in there are a blemish on an otherwise perfect bike IMO.

Not trying to kick you when you're down - just telling you what I see (and probably what a prospective buyer will see).

Good luck with the sale.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsy View Post
    Sorry to see this one has to go Dave - it was great to watch the build evolve.

I gotta say though - the seat is letting it down a bit. Those folds in there are a blemish on an otherwise perfect bike IMO.

Not trying to kick you when you're down - just telling you what I see (and probably what a prospective buyer will see).

Good luck with the sale.
    I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah,
    Bike looks great but the seat cover stands out a bit
    and let's it down. Very minor thing I know.
    Sorry, hope you get a good result from the sale.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Fair point. The intention is that you spend your time riding it though. And if you arse is as big as mine you can't see the seat anyway.

These shots were taken just as the seat was done & the lighting makes it look a lot worse than it actually is.

Here you go is that better...
    Name:  Finished 1.jpg
Views: 7966
Size:  89.7 KB
    Name:  Finished 2.jpg
Views: 3175
Size:  76.4 KB

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Love this bike. Wish I had the cash.
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hi Guys - just in case anyone you forwarded this onto is interested, I have a guy coming round who claims he's going to take it off my hands on Friday.
    In a nutshell, amongst all the other crap I may have to work abroad pretty quickly hence having to offload everything. And to be honest, if this one is tyre kicking too then fuck it. I'll strip the whole thing down and take it with me.

Cheers for the help though

Im sure this bike went past me,near sussex on sunday arvo heading north.....
    My mate loved it....as do i

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Fuck me - yes i was coming back from North Bendalong. Got a block of land down there which is also getting offloaded!

Was a nice run actually - traffic was a bit shite but not really a hold up and the roads were dry

Looked the goods as you sped past me.
    Pity property prices down this way is pretty shit....plenty of things going for bargain prices at the moment.
    If you're looking for a quick offload....she'll have to be very keenly priced...unfortunately for you.
    (probably better off hanging onto it for 12-18mths....if you can??)

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Mate my life seems to be getting offloaded cheaply right now! You are right about the prices but it can't be avoided really. Separating, moving and having to bail from a business that's just not doing what was planned all at the same time.

Today is not a good day either - I'm about to part with this. I bought it about 4 years ago, had the engine rebuilt and all the body work restored to new. No prizes for guessing I will get fuck all like I have poured into it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ND.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	4825

Odd thing is though, at the start of this year I had 2 motors, 2 bikes, a pad in Bondi, land down the coast ready to build on and a missus. By the end i'll have a bike and bag of clothes. And I'm actually quite excited about it. Its like a fucking good spring clean of life.

And if what goes around does come around, then the way I see it - getting fucked this hard must mean I'm up for some pretty special shit around the corner!

ASF Gold Full Member
    I love your attitude to life Dave!
    You deserve the best
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep glass is half full kinda guy + nice bike love the subframe

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Odd thing is though, at the start of this year I had 2 motors, 2 bikes, a pad in Bondi, land down the coast ready to build on and a missus. By the end i'll have a bike and bag of clothes. And I'm actually quite excited about it. Its like a fucking good spring clean of life.

And if what goes around does come around, then the way I see it - getting fucked this hard must mean I'm up for some pretty special shit around the corner!
    Mate - Must be the year for it. Beginning of this year i had the same. 2 Cars, Bikes, Huge House on acerage and money in the bank. Now having to share a house and am in debt.
    All good though. These things happen
    Last edited by Jed; 12-09-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Mate - Must be the year for it. Beginning of this year i had the same. 2 Cars, Bikes, Huge House on acerage and money in the bank. Now having to share a house and am in debt.
    All good though. These things happen
    oh its all fun and games now, wait till you get sick of meaningless dirty women and wakeing up from the drunken pile on you bathroom floor more reguly than you should. All jokes aside and being are you ok day ill say this. When this happens it truly is one of the hardest things to live though and all we can hope for is to do the best we can. At the end of the day nothing makes this better and the only defence is a good attitude because trust me nothing else works and im almost at the 24 mth mark and I still fall to pieces when I pass my sons empty room when he is not here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast