Thread: BMW RR Test ride days

Blog Entries

BMW RR Test ride days

Forwarded to me if anyone is interested....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	4378

RR Experience
    Track Days & Test Rides
    BMW Motorrad offer a range of performance motorcycles where the level of performance can only be truly appreciated on a track. That’s why we are offering test rides of the incredible S 1000 RR (and K 1300 S, K 1300 R and R 1200 GS) at Queensland Raceway (Brisbane), Eastern Creek (Sydney), Hidden Valley (Darwin) and Sandown (Melbourne) in the coming months. If you have dreamt of riding the multiple award winning “RR” on a track, your dreams have just come true!

As well as test rides, BMW will be offering owners of all brands, a “Track Day Experience” at the same events (except Victoria). Whether you have done a track day before or not, and would like to experience your motorcycle's performance in a controlled environment, then this is for you. First timers can feel confident that this event is for them, all riders must be fully licensed and bikes must be road registered and pass a scrutineering check (no track/race bikes). Experienced lead riders will be on hand to follow and give tips throughout the day.

BMW’s 2 x Australian Superbike Champion, Glenn Allerton and his Next Generation Team will be there, providing tips on bike set up, line selection, body position and there will be a whole range of activities going on throughout the day.

The Options
    The test rides have a small fee of $49 to participate and include one test ride session, light refreshments and a BMW Motorrad t-shirt.
    The track day is $149 and consists of 5 x 15minute sessions (on your own motorcycle), a T-shirt and garage space is included as is light refreshments throughout the day.
    The track day and test ride offer is $198 and is a combination of the two. Get the best of both worlds and spend the day at the track.
    When you go through to the booking form on the next page there are three different options for you to book:

1. Test ride session only - $49
    2. Track day only - $149 (own motorcycle required)

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    These bikes are a weapon out of the factory, in the low power setting they make 130 HP at the wheel and in race they are 180 HP

We sponsor the Next Gen team so I've dyno'ed theie stocky bike a couple of times. If I had the cash, I'd buy one.

Blog Entries
    Ridden 3. A real weapon,
    Fast as fuck and razor sharp handling.

No interest in owning one.
    Couldn't live with it, too focused for me.

Certainly worth trying one for the experience.

Blog Entries
    ....and then you can get inspiration for this kind of malarchy a few years down the road:

Name:	wunderlich-bmw-s-1000-rr-piranha-revealed-26422_1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	4379

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would be Keen As..... how do I apply???
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I'm sure you would've sorted it out by now with a little googling,but incase you haven't....

www.bmwmotorrad.com.au/RRexperience

ASF Premium Full Member
    I booked in today for a spin on the S1000RR, anyone else going?
    more titanium than my bike

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GRRRR Friggin work..........whose idea was it to run a business. Oh well next year/decade
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hmmm a nearly 200 HP bike on a race circuit, kin awesome. A 200HP bike on a race circuit in the middle of winter with a $1700 excess if you bin it not so awesome.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffsimon View Post
    Hmmm a nearly 200 HP bike on a race circuit, kin awesome. A 200HP bike on a race circuit in the middle of winter with a $1700 excess if you bin it not so awesome.
    I just did a track day at e creek in the rain last week, what could go wrong?
    Besides, the BMW is so full of electrickery it should be fun if he weather is a bit shit.

I remember doing similar days when Honda released the 954 blade and Gain when they released the 1000rr, but a $2000 excess. On the 1000, I was opening the throttle earlier and earlier coming onto the main straight to see what would happen.
    As it broke loose, I was thinking 2 grand, 2 grand, 2 grand as it fish tailed down the straight before I got it under control. I took it easier after that.

ASF Premium Full Member
    I just did the BMW experience his morning.
    Fucking amazing bike on the track, but as tony said, I can't imagine owning one for the road with stock bars and pegs.

Im 1.9? tall, and about 95kgs. My feet were up near my hips, my hands near my knees, and my eyeballs were pushed into the back of my skull.

Quick shifter, slipper clutch, traction control and abs. They did a demo riding over a wet plate of stainless steel to show the abs. Fistful of brake while on the plate, and then again hitting the brakes just before the plate, and braking over it.
    Really impressive.
    It accelerated faster and stopped faster than anything I have ever ridden. Managed knee down, even though I only just squeezed onto it. Could never have a standard one.

But stick some slightly lower pegs and some proper bars on it, and hell yes.

It is an absolutely mental bike. I can't comprehend how you turbo bike guys do it, without all the abs/ traction control etc etc.

ASF Premium Full Member
    And an action shot or 2

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	4869

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	4870

"I can't comprehend how you turbo bike guys do it"

Well... None of us actually ride our bikes...

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Was out for a ride with a guy on one of these last weekend - couldn't believe I actually coveted one, these days BMW are doing some super-sexy shit, even the front wheel was a work of art, like a 3D spider's web! Daren't chuck a leg over one though, just in case it did fit me, although I'm pretty sure I'd be too short anyway it's much better thinking that I am.