Thread: QLD - Repairing Written off vehicles guide

Blog Entries

QLD - Repairing Written off vehicles guide

This was found by Hillsy and is from the Queesnland Inspection services. It is their guidelines to what needs to be done to remove that vehicle from the WOVR (Written Off Vehicle Register).

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/PDF...quirements.pdf

Weekend Warrior
    Just gone through all this getting an 05 GSXR750K5 back on the road.

Couple of things to mention with it:

1)Make sure you have the stat dec signed & stamped before going to the inspection as they won't have a JP there to do it.
    2)Take a helmet and hi-vis/shirt or vest if you want to ride the bike in to the inspection bay otherwise they will give you a vest & you have to push the bike.
    3)You have to unload the bike outside the Inpection office lot and they won't help you so take a mate.
    4)Take plenty of photos when you get the bike, as you are doing the work and when it's finished and put them in with all the other documents.
    5)Drop your key back to the desk after you've delivered your bike into the inspection bay.
    6)Expect them to take 2 days to process it at least, maybe 3.
    7)When you call to book in, give all the bike details to them. It speeds up the process.
    8)Try to get it there before 10am and it'll help get it back quicker.
    9)It's money up front when you submit the paperwork and bike and it's non-refundable if it doesn't pass.

Hope this helps a few of you to get through it a bit easier.

Weekend Warrior
    Interesting, I did mine in Townsville and it took about 45 minutes, signed off and away I went. Guess there have to be some benifits to living up north.

Cheers
    Paul

New to Streetfighters
    Thanks Guys,

Used the guide and the tips, made it all easy. They called me a couple of hours after droppng the bike off to say you can have it back. Think they were a bit quiet at the time.

So thanks again.

Gav

Weekend Warrior
    Did you guys repair to faired state or as a fighter?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hi Si,thats interesting that you can re register as here in w.a. no chance unless its deemed a repairable writeoff.

New to Streetfighters
    slip
    repaired to fighter - no probs getting it through as long as you cross the t's dot the i's etc etc
    took an hour - gone up to $350 though

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hippyville, Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia.
    i got my 955i passed. i just ripped off all the broken crap, remounted the indicators, replaced 1 foot peg, bar end mirrors & the headlight.

but when i booked it in i asked how many inspectors they had on that day. was told 1. i also looked at the number of vehicles booked in (cars, bikes and what ever) and figured the inspector only had around 25 min per vehicle to inspect so i assume this is just another tax on reregistering written off vehicles.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    cheers mate