Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercharged SV1000

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Supercharged SV1000

Hi guys,
    Been a while in the making this has. Blew it up about 4 months ago, now it's running. Got it started a fortnight ago and rode it some days later. Runs pretty strong but needs a final dyno tune.

Mods are - Dymag c/f wheels,K8 1000 forks, 06 R1 brakesProlux adjustable triples, Driven clipons, Motoscope speedo, Oberon indicators, CRG mirrors, Rotrex supercharged motor running flowed TL heads SUZ21 Kent cams 750cc bosch injectors, Drift rrfpr,Turbosmart BOV, compression lowered to 10:1, Autometer gauges, K4 750 shock.
    Headlight cowl, rear end and exhaust system made by myself.

P.S Just been trying to upload photos with no success, had this issue before with this ASF ,anyone else?
    Photos are about 3mb in size.
    Anyway search youtube under 'supercharged SV1000 cafe racer' for the video if you're interested. Bike is till in teething stages but rideable and quick.
    Cheers Rich

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    mate there is no hosting on the site, you need to host them then link to them...
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Um right. Fessing up, I'm not uber computer savvy.......at all. I just googled what 'hosting on site' was and it didn't make much sense to me. Are you referring to the youtube reference or how to upload photos onto the ASF website? I tried to upload some images of my GSXR in the 'for sale' section using the 'manage files' icon a couple of days ago. No good and gave the idea away.
    Any ideas would be seriously welcome. Thanks

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Register on a free picture hosting site like Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) and once you upload your pic there it will give you the option of copying the [IMG] code.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    that tail unit is fucking magic! love the whole bike. must be a ripper to ride.

Weekend Warrior
    an amazing amount of thought and work has gone into it im in love! only a minor thing but smaller billet brake/clutch master cylinders would clean it up a little more. other then that im in love, well done!

Blog Entries
    A big hi five to you mate that's a ripper of a bike

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    look, im going to give it to you straight....
    I FKN LOVE IT!!!!!!

so good, lots of build pics PLEASE

with the frame, have you looked into additional bracing or anything? always wondered if the new SV frames could take more power
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Effin Awesome.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Cheers lads,
    It's funny how these things come together. The bits you can see- the back end, fitting the wheels, doing the tank, headlight etc all came together super quick. The creative fabrication aspect is what is I do for work, it was the f#cking electronics, wiring and one off machine work that just dragged on.
    And of course you don't just bolt on a supercharger and she's all apples, just about EVERYTHING about the motor had to be modded to cater for it, bar the bottom end and gearbox funnily enough. But there'd be enough members here that have been through this. There were some changes from the 1st incarnation one of which was to widen the cam lobe centres to prevent the intake charge from blowing straight out the exhaust, this made a huge difference in the powerband.
    FIMPBIKES- The frame on the SV is hardly Suzuki's front line R&D baby but is up to the job so I'm told, it's the swingarm that might want to walk off to the left. It's a clodhopping frigging thing and grafting a late model gixxer or CBR item onto the SV pivot and linkage brackets would be the shizzle. Am seriously considering this.
    TIM- the existing fluid reservoirs are just there for the time being in its shakedown phase. Things like braided lines, tidied wiring and the fluid res's will come soon. I know what you mean but I have to get its afr and ign timing right before any bling goes on.
    To be honest and this sounds brain damaged but I haven't even given it a proper full throttle sooling as yet, I'm still unsure of the fuelling when it hits maximum boost, which is about 13psi, and if it leans out it'll eat itself old school style. And I'm not interested in blowing up this now rather expensive donk.....a second time.
    I have given it up to about 7-8psi though and the front wheel was getting frantic in 3rd and pulled clean enough through the gears, believe you me it wanted more. It has lost some bottom end grunt with the compression loss but is still respectable and after about 3500 rpm she gets a proper wriggle on, turbo like in delivery as these are essentially a crank driven version.
    I bought the whole supercharger system off a guy in the UK who had it fitted to his TL and dynoed his at 198rwhp, I've built basically the same motor. 170rwhp would keep me real happy
    Anyway enough rabble. I've got a shitload of build photos and will do the photobucket caper if you guys want to see them. If anyone is considering venturing into something like this I'd be more than happy to offer some help.

Blog Entries
    3mb is far too big mate. That's straight from the camera. They need to be resized to web sized images (jpegs) around the 150-500kb mark. Your camera software will have that option. If you want to upload massive 3mb files you'll need to stick them onto a free online website like photobucket or these: https://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&gs_...w=1920&bih=942

I'll check out your bike now!

Blog Entries
    Fuck me dead! I just watched your video. First up, awesome work with the vid mate, fully detailed vids like that are gold. Secondly, you have done a top shelf job on that bike. You've modified just about everything - that thing is a weapon! Keep it coming.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    That is fucking ugly- I love it. Great work. The tail isn't my cut of tea, but everything else looks sweet. Kris.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    I'd like to see you build pics .. where did you hide all the sparks?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Cheers Gix11 I'll look into the picture shrinking even read the sticky! By 'sparks' latheboy do you mean the wiring harness?
    That I shortened in sections and re routed it all under the tank. This wasn't that hard ,due to the plenum chamber being much smaller than the oem airbox, there was a fair whack of new room.
    None of it really matters at the moment though because the blower drive shaft sheared off last night meaning my girlfriends scooter is now about 40 times more powerful.
    I never expected the whole caper to go without hiccups and is no big deal, just more work!!!

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    thats sweet mate i love the tail

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Yep sparks is wiring.. did it come off at the crank or the supercharger? ..

I've had a lot to do with superchargers on cars and boats, bikes not so much... If the belt is too tight you will bend the crank, I guess you have an extension off the crank for your drive pulley.. a redesign might be in order with an out rigger bearing.. very easy to do... Also a soft coupling between the drive pulley and crank wouldn't hurt ..

You need to get in running soon cause ill be doing a Dyno day late this month

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    It sheared off at the Crank. There aren't any specs on how tight the belt should be from Rotrex so, the pulley's being at 215mm centres, I ran it with about 8mm movement. It certainly didn't feel too tight to me and I know what you mean.
    The current set up has an outrigger bearing housed in the blower mounting plate which runs right behind the drive pulley. It wouldn't last 5 minutes without it. The best solution I reckon would be as you mentioned, support bearings either side of the drive pulley and a flexible coupling built into the drive shaft.
    This time round and for simplicity's sake I'll use a harder grade steel and radius the transitions on the shaft itself.
    I've really got to get onto uploading pics but the drive shaft has the primary drive nut built into the end of it. So it screws onto the end of the crank replacing the oem primary drive nut. In my opinion there is too sharp a step from the 'nut' down to the shaft in theversion we made and this area needs to be beefed up design and material wise.
    Keep the thoughts coming mate and Yep it needs to be fixed PRONTO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast