Views:	28 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	4204Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tharg8.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	4205

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I like that, I like that a lot. How the fuck do you manage to put a 2.8l car engine into a bike chassis and make it look neat and tidy? I just love the clutch lever LOL

Blog Entries
    Aparrently it's just (!) a 2.0 litre according to the person that spoke to the guy in Shropshire and took the photos (are you going from the numbers stamped on the engine casing?), but I'm with you on the tidy factor. Very nicely engineered.

Nah not the engine numbers, I just remember Granadas as 2.8l and was forgetting about the liddle 2.0l variants. Even so not a small engine and to make it look so neat and tidy is a testament to the designers and builders skills

someone should do this with a ecoboost 1l

Blog Entries
    Surt was doing something not far removed from this if I remember rightly.

Weekend Warrior
    Very tidy. I remember a guy did something similar in Qld before the regs went to shit in the early 70s. I think it was a Cortina motor in a Norton frame with hydraulic drive to the back wheel. Didn't look as good as this one of course.

Blog Entries
    I have it on good form that some mad queensland nutters speed shop back in the early 70's did around 10 vw motors into bmw frames. wispers of one left somewhere have past my ears and the fact they where street bikes one of witch was fitted with a turbo 1900 big bore dak dak........The place that I heard these tails told as story's of old was tightly crambed with raceing and classic bikes lined by walls of rare go fast parts from the 70's mussel bike era, so as i looked amousnt a littering of old raceing pics sitting dusty and idile on top of the filling cabnit marked rings, pins and gasketsI feel like Ima boy again learning about life from the inside walls of a workshop privy to storystold for the joy of living the life we love......

Blog Entries
    ps: alcohol might have been involved in both the telling and the recalling of this story.....

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Bloke in the Ulysses club down here has a Bike with a suburu 1800 motor in it, mate almost broke his foot off on it. Flat 4 but still a car motor I'll see if I can scratch up a photo of it. Not as clean as that unit though.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1100 View Post
    I have it on good form that some mad queensland nutters speed shop back in the early 70's did around 10 vw motors into bmw frames. wispers of one left somewhere have past my ears and the fact they where street bikes one of witch was fitted with a turbo 1900 big bore dak dak........The place that I heard these tails told as story's of old was tightly crambed with raceing and classic bikes lined by walls of rare go fast parts from the 70's mussel bike era, so as i looked amousnt a littering of old raceing pics sitting dusty and idile on top of the filling cabnit marked rings, pins and gasketsI feel like Ima boy again learning about life from the inside walls of a workshop privy to storystold for the joy of living the life we love......
    I have actually seen one of these VW powered BMWs around the mid 80s. It was for sale at Phil Beaumonts Kawasaki in Brisbane. In the early 70s there were a load of custom bike shops in Brizvegas building custom bikes due to very few mod regs until 1974. Some of the old blokes might remember Cycle World at Moorooka and Buranda and ABA Customs at Fairfield. They all built and sold chopper and café racing gear. By 1975 the custom bike scene was pretty well fucked here and never really recovered.
    Last edited by Jinx; 02-05-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Phase 4 ring a bell jinx :-)

Weekend Warrior
    Phase 4 were in Deshon St Wooloongaba/Buranda not far from BJs bikes and bits. They did a lot of engine work, carbies and go fast bits for bikes. That area was a real hub for motorcycle shops. In fact all the Jap, Brit and Yank manufacturers were there, a couple of wreckers, and bike repair shops. Universal motorcycle services did a lot of fiberglass repro bodywork and even made a CB1100R seat and tail for the Katana.
    Last edited by Jinx; 02-05-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    from what I have told go fast was their stick :-) very very fast, I should tell you the story of the nitro harly they used to kick start lol
    Id love to have been around in that golden era, australia and kiwi's really did show the world how to just get shit done

Weekend Warrior
    Had a bike licence for 40 years Ozzy and I honestly feel this is the golden era. The new bikes are so much better than the shit I rode in the 70s and early 80s. In fact its a wonder I'm still here after riding bikes that seriously flexed through the twisties, tyres that wouldn't grip and shit brakes.

Blog Entries
    to be honest they are so good there is nothing to do to them and if your not rideing 10 ths they are boring imo
    modern sports bikes are a wonder no dont but they equaly scare and bore me at the same time
    to ride and feel like Im really riding the fucking thing the speeds aand ease that they do it would have me locked up or broken
    I have been working on my rule of a 100 for custom street bikes
    like the ton up boys from cafe to cafe but a little twisted
    its a 100mph and down..in that the bike should go stright past 100mph standing on its head but be tuned to preform best 100 down where the most of yr riding is done, well mine anyway
    it should be built to a buget where you have to think about every $100 you need to spend.. in that anything over a $100 really needs to be there and usefull
    and it should be built by a person that even when the ass is out their pants they would rather spend that same $100 on that part and can always some how find the money....
    people that live and breath building something with their own hands or at least cant bare to ride what some other twat can buy of the floor.
    It might have started cause you had to make the fucking things better but I still enjoy that more than just personalizing some thing that feel like it has no soul