Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ALBI"S TL build from the start with bigger better pics yay

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

ALBI"S TL build from the start with bigger better pics yay

ok so most of you lot will know since 2007 i could never post good sized pics !
    well now i have learnt lol, and always deppended on GITZY to post for me but now no more ,a man has to walk on his own two feet , so without further adue here we go .

sit back relax and be prepaired to piss urself at my attempt of spelling and picture taking and story telling.

it was a bright sunny day and i was sick of my GS thou taking ages to do so i went out to ponder a new begining ,well and a chance to tyre kick some bikes heheheheh.
    walked into GRAHAM BOYDS suzuki dealership here in newy and asked if they had any s/hand bikes for sale around $2500 , his reply "will a TL1000S do " next thing i have a rego paper in pocket and deal is done time to take home and all that was on my mind was fighter it!!

its my wee widdlle baby girl that love the TL more than my boys .

i liked the colour but it wasnt me ,im loud ,obnoxtious and have to be seen to be belived lol.

i love the TLS bulbas seat assey but the stock indcators had to go !!

dont know about most folk but im in my 40's and clip ons hurt the bejesus out of my back,wrists and neck so
    "comfort bars ,well thats what i tell the plod if they ask heheh" are a must !

bloody hell i thought the placement of my indicators were cool till i rode it and it looked like well dogs balls.

my god this looks shit !!

re routed throdle cables via right hand side of stem so they fit good,hmm should just get lengthend huh!

as most tls riders know the std clutch cable is 90 deg and is crap ! so i used a GS 500 one its 2 inchs longer and works well just need to trim down later on ,maybee!

best booth ive got at the moe !!

time to get on with it and lay down the hifill 2k primer , i used grey as im painting her blue and want to help blue stand out .
    hmmmm who would have thought paying atten in art class at high school would pay of hmm.

hmm some little dings need to be filled in with bog "bondo to the yanks".

as you can see ive applied a black quide coat " plain old gloss black" but didnt lay it on wet just enough to give a base to sand and find any hi and low points " its all in the prep with paint". i always use warm water and dishwashing liquid here i was using 600 grit to cut back it cleans,lubes and sands back very easy.

as you can see with the fresh water on it there are only minor divots in tank,some more filler n sanding here .

all divots gone ready for base coats , im using ppg cob "clear over base " 2k.

as im doing it in a metalic paint ,im supporting in the position its sits in so all grains flow the right way.

now i did this under my car port on ANZACS DAY a few yrs ago, and the weather was purfect,was so hard not to have a few drinks for my grandparents that faught in WW2 for the british army my nan drove a BLITZ and gave birth to my uncle on the moement the yanks droped the first A-bomb in edenbourgh castle and both have lived a strong good life but now departed
    LEST WE FORGET !

now ive got three coats of clear on at this stage and as you can see its getting dark ,but as a typical male i had to lay last coat on , and they were the last great words on that day lol, i rushed the final coat and got a few runs in the top coat o clear argggggggg
    some people think my coulr choise is a bit wierd for my seat in its current form but as you can see in the pic of red leather "scottish red leather mind you " i was already thinking of way out coulors then for the seat !

now my TLS is also my daily rider at this stage so the bugger had to be put back together for the next day "yes i know it needs time to cure but !!
    it is a daily rider had to get to work no matter what !!

it was 4 in the morning and the heat lamps were running al night long ,wife was not impressed.
    i had to make a rack for the bag to carry my lunch and work gear and had run out of funds to by one , so i did what ever it took to make one !

alright well after riding her to work day in day out at 4 am in the morning till 7pm for at least 6 months , swapping this for that ,doing a deal here ,deal there "no not drugs" of all places "egay".
    ive finally got some coin together for materials n shit to get ready for my first AFR ride ,

buy a bag of glass beads for a blasting cabinet for some home style blasting !!

add some 2k black

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    What chapter are the twin turbos in or is that the next book

all primed ready for base coat, i just used PPG 2K solid for the wheels and i also painted inside the rim aswell to help prevent airbleed from tyres as sometimes alloy can be porus!!

hooly dooly now the fun starts !!
    kero,brush,bucket and lots o elbow grease !! now where the bloody hell do you buy that ??

ahh one of my fav bits !!
    1 of custom rad gaurd no one else these at all "unless their name is ALBI and a current member of ASF"
    made by joe a fellow member!!

well as it sits was done the day before the AUSSIE STREETFIGHTERS ASF ride to bathurst "and jeremy clarkson it is pronounced as follows ya git " sounds like this say the word BAT ! ad a h in there and ya get bath ! not as in the bathroom but just the word bat but then ad an h and then thurst as in im thirsty so you get bath urst "bathurst ya fucking git !!.
    were was i ? oh yes , so we all met at maccas in mcraths hill and joined up with the rest o the boys.

now you have to admit boys n girls this is one mighty fine kwaka and built by the boys @ EXTREAME CREATIONS !
    and does anyone reconise the orange gixer hmmmm
    built by revhead pete and featured in may edition of the only bible ive ever read !
    the ever popular uk mag streetfighters "hey MDM " do i get a freebie huh huh for the plug !!

top of mt panaorama home of legends and lost souls !!

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/ab...31180.mp4.html
    sorry guys n dolls but i aint learned how to link vid properly so u will have to click on it .

i was realy temped to keep the roller but needed funds for build hmmm bloody hell.

boxer called me one day asking if i knew were some hoses n shit ran and i told him i was selling a lot o shit and if he came up ill throw some stuff his way ,so he he brought up the TLS ha had on hoontv media that he was building if memory seves me well he got header pipes,sub frame,vac hoses that i routed correctly ,and now old mr EL-hefty owns this bugger with his own touchs on it !!

this pic shows just how much sanding i had to do to frame to smooth out !!
    fark took me all weekend to do all of frame and swinger etc!!
    and the headlight mounts on headstock are gone ! never to be a tuppawearing poofter bike !!

well i think we can see some good ol van gear !!hell yeh .
    as ive got a near new 5 bolt clutch set up and also ordered a 5 bolt p/plate in red hmmm
    im going to swap out ,well i did swap out the 99 model 6 bolt and fitted the 5 bolt from my 97 donk .

who ever said child labour was bad ?? a can o coke and my young bloke evan was there for an hour .

i needed a way to work on motor and make life easy !!
    and also to paint n prep, so i used my engine stand for car engines and used some piston gudgen pins "wrist pins to some" to mount the support braces as they are the right size .
    2 hours work and it works a treat.

the beuty of using an engine stand ,full 360 deg rotation !!

sandblasting the engine is soooo easy when its clean and accessible !!

i hate over spray and i hate very hate when an engine is painted with gaskets in place etc i like the look of fresh paint and new gaskets .
    here im using CAT tape ??? wtf ?? you ask , well in road transport and earth moving CATAPILLER use a alloy tape to seal etc and works well in my application.

im using a 1/4 drive socket to roll the edges to pinch the tape for a neat finish.

hooley dooley the fun starts,wat i love doing . prep work it all needs to be clean so im using applicator pads used for applying the primer when fitting windscreens,and at first i used thinners hten went over with wax and grease remover,oh and now ive brought it all inside to the garage put up tarps and hung an old fan to get rid of fumes n shit .

ive laid done 1 x coat of etch primer
    1 x coat of white primer "to aid in base coat colour
    2 x COB "clear over base" PPg quasar medium blue metalic
    2 2k clear coats

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast