Thread: info please mono

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

info please mono

hey mono could ya give me the run down on the mitas e-09 dakar tyre 150 70 17 i see its tube less and do you think it would spin on the rim at 15 psi or so couldnt see it being a real problem if i run tube less , would you plz be able to measure the block height for me

Cheers mono for the call you sir are a wealth of information

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Scott,

There are a couple of choices out there for you.

Conti TKC80 $295

Metzeler Karoo (T) $259

Mitas E09D Dakar $219

We believe that the Mitas would most likely out last the others due to the nature of use being drag.

If you choose to go with the Mitas, Motorcycle Tyre Warehouse would like to contribute $100 towards the overall cost.

We would love to get a video from you in action, even if it's just raw footage, for entertainment value ! And we can put it up on our Facebook page too !

mono what do ya reckon , this is a 140 tkc a mate lent me its over all diameter is smaller which is good but the width isn't that much different to the trackmaster 2 , and I think but not certain the trackmaster would offer more bite , though im thinking that mitas e09 might be the go in a 150 if they do it for the 17 and what do you think if I was to remove the 3 block section and just have the 4 block sections as like a cross between a paddle and mx tyre

or do I wait for the anakee wild to arrive , im looking to fit a tyre before the 18th

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As a rule the tyre on the left with the large low block tread is best suited to hard packed surfaces

The more open deep tread is best suited to soft surfaces.

Thanks again Nigel and Caryn for filling me with your knowledge and your awesome service , big thumbs up to you guys

this is how that tyre should turn out fingers crossed , the bloke from geraldton was well impressed with his
    Last edited by hyofighter; 29-05-2013 at 03:09 PM.