Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Righto all you owners of dormant Katanas...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Righto all you owners of dormant Katanas...

After visiting Casa Del Large on the weekend & ogling his Kat I've found inspiration to get off my fat, lazy arse & get stuck into my own Katana collection so that I actually have one that I can ride.

It occured to me that I'm not Bob Crusoe when it comes to stagnant/unfinished/unstarted/unrealised Kat builds, I know there are several members who own examples of the best looking motorcycle ever made that have intentions of building them into actual rideable motorcycles so consider this a slap in the face with a gauntlet & a challenge to a duel to the death (maybe bit melodramatic there...)

So, now's the time to man the fuck up & pledge allegiance to the mighty Katana by prioritising your builds & getting stuck in, I'm proposing an ASF Katana build off over a 6 month period starting on April Fools Day, if you're interested in taking part there will be a huge cash prize*, a commemorative plaque & a flash Katana based trophy to the winner who would be decided by an ASF members only poll.

Build progress must be documented here with start & finish pics to be dated with a newspaper.

It doesn't matter whether your Kat just needs a freshen up** or a frame up rebuild or if it's standard spec, mildy modified or full custom, the ASF membership will decide which one they like the best.

In the interest of flushing out any Kat owners who may be a bit shy, I encourage everyone to name & shame anybody who doesn't confess to their dormant Katana ownership, I'll start the ball rolling...
    Current Sinners list;
    My good self
    Large
    El Hefty
    Iceman (yes, Popups are allowed
    )
    Kev Katana
    Fimp
    Robert N (Oldskool's mate)
    Redmohawk
    Your name here.

Who's up for it? Not only will you receive the above mentioned prizes, you will also end up with a larger penis & a Katana that you can ride, pull hot chicks with & stare lovingly at for hours, it's a win-win situation & you know it so get on board!

* well maybe not that huge

** you do have to do some substantial work or mods, otherwise it's not a 'build'

Last edited by TurboKat; 15-04-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: &

Ah fuckit. ET's don't count?

This should be good!

The ET is the commuter version of the GSX 1100 Simon & this is a buildoff for Sports Bikes so that would just cheapen the whole exercise wouldn't it?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa................................ .................................................. ............................kunt

This should be fun

New to Streetfighters
    im gooing to buy a kart and goin in ,,,.my orange kat will be so much betta than you cunts.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    You need to add 80'sfreak to that list as I passed my spare one that way......
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now it makes sense as to why Large rang me this arvo looking for certain Katana parts
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHeadBlackdog View Post
    im gooing to buy a kart and goin in ,,,.my orange kat will be so much betta than you cunts.
    so who is this?

My guess is it's Dylan doing a bit of stirring

Blog Entries
    that was my first thought.... anyway back to Kats

TK im building an EFE 'street mongrel' ill call it, im building a TL big bore fighter im building a VC valiant with ind suspension and lots of good bits im running a couple of business's and i have young children when the fuck will i find time? ....

I love a challenge and a motivation to actually get off my arse and actually finish something, so COUNT ME IN MOFO

Quote Originally Posted by El_Hefty View Post
    TK im building an EFE 'street mongrel' ill call it, im building a TL big bore fighter im building a VC valiant with ind suspension and lots of good bits im running a couple of business's and i have young children when the fuck will i find time? ....

I love a challenge and a motivation to actually get off my arse and actually finish something, so COUNT ME IN MOFO
    You're breaking my heart Mick but Effies, TLs & Vals are not as dead cool as Katanas are they?

But yeah, we think alike mate, I work better with a deadline or a challenge, etc but at the end of the day I REALLY want a Kat to ride so I'll do it solo if I hafta, I just thought it was worth trying to get others motivated for a bit of fun.
    Glad you're onboard, you reckon your Brother will be keen or is he just a useless, scared, weak cunt?

Blog Entries
    Count me in it pains me that i have one sitting there not registered. .... so do i have to do more than just register it yeah?

Hahaha...yeah, wiping the cobwebs off, charging the battery & giving it a wash is not a build.

Blog Entries
    ill put new fuel in the fucker, davo im sure will want the old shit for his mower, or to drink, either way ....

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I need some professional help with my kat's chain alignment. But seeing as I still have not sold the bikes I thought would've been gone by now I don't have the coin. But I'll definately pull the cover off and look at it
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

That's all you need to do Ice, you'll be motivated as soon as the cover comes off.
    I thought the Z would sell easy.
    Last edited by TurboKat; 26-03-2013 at 09:56 AM.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    theoretically i have a head start, as mine is registered

but as anyone who has seen it will testify it is hardly "up to standard"

so count me in please, should give me an excuse to get that old flogged out motor rebuilt
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    i got pistons and barrels that will slot right in if your after a 1327 big bore kit with just a little compression .....

you know you want to fimp

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast