Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tooradin Dirt Drags March 16.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Tooradin Dirt Drags March 16.

Seen the sign for this on the highway on the way back from the Supers, I've emailed them to see what sort of classes they're running so I can work out which bike to take, I'll let yous know when they get back to me.
    I can't stop thinking about Hyo's GSX1100G & how the GSX1100F I've got sitting in the corner would be perfect to throw a knobby or paddle on & have a fang (if the clutch is up to it )
    Anyone keen to have a run or go for a look?
    www.dirtdrags.com
    Oh yeah, there's a burnout comp too... Kev...
    Last edited by TurboKat; 25-02-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Keen

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    I'd be keen but I'm working at the F1 the weekend.

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    I've got a brand new 17 inch 140 paddle sitting in the shed if you want it Turbo.

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Last edited by oldskool; 26-02-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Mr fuckin invisable, Ill take my toys elseware
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

Its just sitting in the shed gathing dust, owes me nothing. Its turbos for the postage if not its yours bloke.

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Then again it may not fit.
    Last edited by oldskool; 26-02-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

red ill be keen for it , got a pic ??

turbo you build a dirty and we will race em down the side of the heathcote track at x mas

I was going to offer it to you when you started your project , but finding a 17" to fit the shafty might be an issue so left it sitting in the shed.

LOL
    So TK is a dirt track cowboy afterall.

140 you say , can you measure for me the hieght of the side wall from the edge of the bead where the rim is to the peak of the paddle , I have on it at the moment a 130 ill shit in a 140 its just height that will be the challenge

Went out to the shed , seems I was wrong (in my defence its been a while since I looked at it, and I drink alot) its an 5.30 18 inch dunlop dune hopper its 120mm at its widest point (tread) and is 115mm from rim side of bead to highest point of tread/scoop .

Bugger it

Scotty - Will you be back in Vic soon or what? We have a score to settle after our WSBK Campground 'race' when you cheated by having Marsha on the back for extra traction

Ivan - Saucer of beer mate?

Red - Thanx mate but I have a paddle to use.

Hyo - 'Build' is a strong word, I was thinking more along the lines of 'Strip off everything except the seat & handlebars, stick a tyre on the back & fill the fueltank' but you're on for Heathcote (bring a trials tyre & we'll have a go on the speedway track too)

Aido - How many times have I told you to go fuck yourself now?... I know, I'll put it in caps - GO FUCK YOURSELF !!

Anyone got a lockup for a diaphragm Gix clutch or do I hafta get the Mean Dean Machine to CNC me one?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmohawk View Post
    Went out to the shed , seems I was wrong (in my defence its been a while since I looked at it, and I drink alot) its an 5.30 18 inch dunlop dune hopper its 120mm at its widest point (tread) and is 115mm from rim side of bead to highest point of tread/scoop .
    cheers for the measurment , unfortunatly no one seems to make a 17" paddle tyre not even in the US of A , i can get one made if i supply a carcus or a road slick but alot of tracks dont allow the grafted tyres as the come apart , and now tyres with bolts are banned (i cant understand why , farken hell dodgy)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
    Hyo - 'Build' is a strong word, I was thinking more along the lines of 'Strip off everything except the seat & handlebars, stick a tyre on the back & fill the fueltank' but you're on for Heathcote (bring a trials tyre & we'll have a go on the speedway track too)

Anyone got a lockup for a diaphragm Gix clutch or do I hafta get the Mean Dean Machine to CNC me one?
    trials tyre hey , your on , as for the clutch lock up make 2 ill purchase one the G is diaphragm

Moved to edithvale last week

Quote Originally Posted by hyofighter View Post
    alot of tracks dont allow the grafted tyres as the come apart
    Do they allow "cut stock tyres ? " I have used agressive knobbies cut to look about the same as paddle tyres in the past on a mud racer, they worked great. I just cut 3 rows out and left 1 then 3 out etc. I used the air saw to cut the knobs off at about 2mm left on the tyre , Blokes doing scrutineering seemed happy enough.

Well that was a surprise, going by the turnout today it seems that dirt drag racing is not very popular
    There were only about 20 bikes running & maybe 100 spectators.
    I never got a reply from the organisers about the different classes & I spoke to 4 'Officials' today & nobody knew shit about anything.
    Seems to me if it was a bit better organised/promoted there would've been more competitors.

• HOSSSTYLE CYCLES
    • 15 Brendon Place
    • Oakdale NSW AUSTRALIA 2570

Was this who you tried to contact TK?
    Doesn't look like anything else planned for Vic for the rest of the year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast