Thread: FUGLY Issue #79

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar

FUGLY Issue #79

Fugly, as it was christened due to a female rider seeing it appear in her mirrors and not being impressed with either the bike… or its rider

Twice the old girl has been stripped down to the bare bones, the first time it broke a circlip while the rear wheel was possessed by the smoke demon, gouged some great symmetrical lines up the barrel, but unfortunately fugged it right up,

OS barrels were purchased from NRHS Performance (USA) Thunderstorm heads from St Paul HD (USA) and given the port & polish treatment by Neil Anderson (Pro-Flo, Perth Western Australia) air flow from Air-Tech streamlining (USA) most of the remaining goodies came from American sports bike (USA)

An X1 swing arm was chosen to beef up the rear of the bike, the frame cut and the knuckleduster heal guards welded into place

The mufflers if you can call them that came from Trojan classic MC’s, Sydney, Australia, they rumble at low revs, but let out a right royal bark when you give it some welly, being a Buell with its short wheel base it handles well and enjoys being thrown around, there will be a few surprised faces when this old girl outruns them….

The Frame was powder coated black, favour from a friend of a friend….

Thunderstorm Heads, Polished and ported by Neil Anderson (Pro-Flo, Perth WA)
    Hi Comp Pistons
    Oversize Barrels
    Mikuni HSR42 Carbie
    Custom air Intake
    X1 Swing arm
    Hyperpro progressive fork springs
    Works performance shock
    Muller Power Clutch
    Reverse cone mufflers
    Front and back Wave Rotors
    CRG levers
    Billet Race Pegs

The bike was then ridden in for a few K’s to make sure everything was working how it was meant to

The Plastics and wheels painted by the Niall the Paint Ninja (straightline2ten panel and paint 0407 184 560 ) in Perth, Western Australia
    Well I may have made a minor blunder trying to clean the cases… but it was only a little fug up… honest! There was me removing the old paint and feeling good about the resulting shine coming from below, hold on I thought, lets loosen the studs and get stuck into the edges to sort it right out,
    Mistake No 1, Why not remove the cases and give them a proper clean…
    Mistake No 2, As the case slid off easily in my hands a metallic clunk was heard… the resulting groan and swear words were heard in the next suburb why oh why are the cams laying on the bike lifter…. So a telephone call later, new gaskets ordered, head stripped , cams reset, and sparkling cases were back on, everything bolted up, no oil leaks, battery charged and the old girl fired up first time…

I have not put it on the dyno, no need as it’s not going to break the bank with high numbers,
    but she kicks like a mule and has heaps of torque and certainly raises a few eyebrows and makes ears bleed when it thunders past

Assistance as always during my builds came from Rockhard & Rocket respectively, never a dull moment with this pair about

I hate to say it but there is already a box full of goodies sitting in the shed for
    "The Return of Fugly"
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

Blog Entries
    Nice one Mel. Keeping The Fug and selling the Gix. You must LOVE the Fug!

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    looking good mel (the bike not the old git riding it) haha

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Onya mate! I love that bike!

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    Nice one Mel. Keeping The Fug and selling the Gix. You must LOVE the Fug!
    the thing is quirky, abnormally fun to ride, rips ya bits apart on that fun... seat
    and there aint any more about, yup, the Fugster stays
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    congrats billyw, who cares if its fugly you cant see any of it while your scratchin
    Rev the fucker!!!!!