Thread: The RGV racer "Little Red"

The RGV racer "Little Red"

Guys, I have not been online much as I have had a few bikes on the go with Sen's and also a mate who wanted to race an RGV. I was given one about a year ago and just left it in storage. Mate of mine talked about racing a 2 stroke bike so I put it to him that if he bought all the needed parts, I would build it.

This bike got a complete rebuild from frame up with nothing left un-touched. Even the engine & gearbox got stripped and checked with new parts installed as required. I have not enough time to write all the process, so pic's will have to speak for themself.

Needless to say, this little thing stings along and is alot quicker then my track RGV.

Started rebuilding the frame. Cleaned and polished.

Mock up of race fairings.

2nd mock up after fresh paint from Tiller rider, Thanks Bro!

Rebuild kit through brakes.

Rebuilt engine back in bike.

Pipe's installed after painting.

New stata coil and flywheel installed.

First look outside, and 17" wheel fitted up. (old one was 18")

Brand new wheel from greace, never used ever and got it here for $220 landed.

Wheels painted centres with polished lips.

Completed bike ready to go racing. This was after a quick test ride and then wash.

The pair of RGV's.

Its first race will be at SMSP this weekend, fingers crossed it actually completes the weekend lol.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    good job looks mint , i reckon one of those would be a hoot to race

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks sweet, I remember riding one and thinking this is fun, then I bought my gixxer (the rgv was not well looked after)
    Nice bikes.

If you are interested, I have a set of light weight Marvic wheels fora rgv, I will try and get some pictures for you.
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

Nice looks great, miss my old track bike, maybe time to look at something again. You heading out this weekend may head over and say gday
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

OK so first race meet we had a bit of an upset. Bike had issue's and really was untested as we took it to one track day on proddy tyres and it pissed down.
    1st up the CDI unit shorted out for some unknown reason. Assuming it was the loom I swapped it out between qual and Race 1.
    The bike did the Saturday race's on short track at eastern creek. Finished the day in 3rd place. But the gearbox had gotten a bit noisey over the day. Took the bike home and found the oil pump from the gearbox missing. Replaced that and back on the trailer for sunday.

Sunday we head out, choke pin snapps and floats in & out randomly flooding top cylinder, lucky we had my track bike as a back up spares, so they got robbed and into the race bike.

2nd last race for the day, bike go's really well and is set to race. My mate takes off from start on the rear wheel faster then ever all weekend. completes lap 1 and has moved up about 6 spots and did a 2.02 standing start, which is fast for an RGV to do.

2nd lap in, it didnt make it past turn 3, lost the front and slid backwards off the track, grabbed the grass and cart wheels.
    Our day ended there. My mate didnt get hurt, but the bike sufferd greatly. But all is well, Ive rebuilt it read for the Festival of Speed coming up on the 15th - 17 March. Entry is in, bike is ready and so is rider.

The aftermarth;

The Repaires

Rebuilt again!

Last edited by LKC73; 04-03-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Blog Entries
    That looks fast just on the stands mate , well done