Thread: Dr650

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Dr650

I've started playing around with the DR, I'll keep it as a motard mostly but will also get a set of dirt rims and tires for it to play off road (where there are no cops). So it's going to be a fun bike.

The first thing I done was lower it and then I put the Buell headlights on this week.

I'll get to the mirrors, bars, blinkers, mudguard..... tail ...blah.. blah........ over the next six months.

RevHead
    how much for the buell lights my friend

$217 landed, not including the screen but including the screen bracket.

Looks good Stu, looks like fun
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Blog Entries
    Lol lowered it. Nice one Stu you going to give it a run at the Drags?

I doubt it will ever see a staging lane mate, but never say never.

It's my "get some more points back bike", I can give it a gut full and be doing 60ks, I give the busa or tuono the same gut full around town and well, it wouldn't matter how many points i had left really would it.

RevHead
    did u import them stu,

I got them from a bloke who imports and stocks a heap of Buell stuff for the ABRC guys, I'll PM you his details on facebook, you can talk to him there.

Weekend Warrior
    Under a pile of empties in the garage!, Mindless oblivion, .
    The lsit of goodies for a DR650 is awesome
    790cc kuit, TM40 pumper carb, Staintune pipe, big valve heads....
    have a quick look at http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

I'd like to finish the busa first but thanks for the link.

This is my daily commute (aside from thundercunt in the background) it had the 770 kit in it but chernobled on the gunbarrel, best leave em stock if you want trouble free riding.

I wouldn't mind one of those bigger tanks one day, if anyone see's one laying around and is (like just fell off the back of a truck) cheap I'd be all over it.

I had the seat done the other day, I read somewhere they were comparable to a 4x2 wrapped in a towel. It's and improvement but not as good as I hoped.

Weekend Warrior
    Nice bike mate, I've got a DR tard as well, just ordered a bunch of bits for it (including a bigger tank). Going to be doing a lot of highway km this year so getting it set up for that.

How do you find the screen? Does it do a better job that the stock one?

I think the Buell screen is better, neither are brilliant, but at the end of the day it's a DR, it's not breaking the sound barrier and I'm a short arse so it's not like I'm up there getting blown away.

Weekend Warrior
    I'm planning to sit on a buck 20, all the way through a Tassie winter so a little bit protection would be good. I've thought about a screen but they don't look so great. Maybe I'll just deal with it!

Mines got a TM40 and full staintune which has opened her up a bit (apparently, I got it like this). Would like to try a stock one one day to see the difference.

They all rave about the TM and you see a lot of them use a GSXR can. I saw a bloke selling adaptors for a busa can too ??? Maybe when I find a nice carbon can for the Busa I'll slip the muzzy off it on the DR, the neighbors will like that.

If I was going to cruise on the highway a bit I'd be changing the cog and sprocket to suit.

Blog Entries
    If your after a bigger tank try ballads off road , my mate Michelle works there

Weekend Warrior
    Haven't looked much at cans as I'm already sorted, but yeah the combo feels really good on this bike, really snappy response, no dead spots or surging. I've ordered 16/42 which procycle.us recommend as the "highway" ratio. Also ordered a 150/70 so it had a bit more circumference than my current 150/60 so hopefully should be good for cruising at a buck 10 or so.

The tank will be the best thing, 20l Acerbis which apparently expands to about 23l. Should get 400-500km on the highway.

We're doing a Cairns to Cape York trip maybe next year, def 2015. That's why I got the bike, just turns out I'll use it a lot more on the street before then.

Got some braided lines, billet levers and some more goodies coming too.

Let me know how the braided lines make it stop, the first time I rode the DR around town I near scared myself, not much brake compared to the Busa or the Tuono, just as well it can corner quick.

What have you done with your seat, anything ?

Hey Kev, the local guy had a crack at my seat but I'm not happy with it, how much to fix his fuckup ? PM me your details, address to send it and everything ?

Weekend Warrior
    It's got a 320mm disc on it so the power is there, I'm just not happy with the feel. There's a lot of line there since it runs across the headlight and down to the caliper, so there's a fair amount of sponginess going on. Braided line should sort it out.

The seat has been reshaped, it feels flat but not uncomfortable. I'm yet to test it over a decent distance...