Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hillsy's ZX9R so far.....

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i have seen them advertised but havent spoken to anyone that has used em so keep up the reports so we know. what was the $ like in comparison?

The front retails around $185 and the rear about $290 I think. But I got them cheaper through a one-off deal, so I thought I'd give them a go

Got some rearsets off EBAY - shipped from freakin Thailand (??). Anyway, they appear to be OK quality wise....

The dude even threw in some Yoshi grips for free....

Now I've spent the last couple of hours fitting the mongrels (I'll take some pics tomorrow), and it was a stupid bastard of a job. How so? Well they were actually for a 929 Blade, so pretty well everything had to be tweaked (I bought these because they had the same bolt spacing as the Kwak).
    Most notably though, the rose joints on the gear linkage rod were both RH thread - which meant I had to remove the entire rearset to adjust it (not a huge hassle, but just stupid design). And just about every hole had to be enlarged / modified to fit the Kwak frame.
    And, as they are race sets, there's no way to fit a standard brake light switch (still thinking about that one).

quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Got some rearsets off EBAY - shipped from freakin Thailand (??). Anyway, they appear to be OK quality wise....

The dude even threw in some Yoshi grips for free....

Now I've spent the last couple of hours fitting the mongrels (I'll take some pics tomorrow), and it was a stupid bastard of a job. How so? Well they were actually for a 929 Blade, so pretty well everything had to be tweaked (I bought these because they had the same bolt spacing as the Kwak).
    Most notably though, the rose joints on the gear linkage rod were both RH thread - which meant I had to remove the entire rearset to adjust it (not a huge hassle, but just stupid design). And just about every hole had to be enlarged / modified to fit the Kwak frame.
    And, as they are race sets, there's no way to fit a standard brake light switch (still thinking about that one).

Are they from NASSIN M8 , I was looking at them if they were, I was waiting for my model and offset to pop up , BTW good to see some else is up, cause Im trying to tell my wife Im not drinking alone there are 2,500 other people with me

This guy:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Narsurin-C...ke-Accessories

And tell your wife you're not drinking alone (well at least until I finish this beer then I'm off to bed....)

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    this'll solve your brake-light troubles

http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/scart/html/214.html
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Heres the go with the rear brake switch, thought that htis was an awesome idea when I saw it. Im going to use it on the 900

http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/scart/html/214.html

LOl, fimp beat me to it

Beauty - thanks fellas

Pics in the daylight...

And the "current" brake light switch....
    [V][V]

They sit a bit further back than the stockers (rearsets....DOH!), so I might make up some new mounting plates to bring them forward and down a bit. And the frame needs to be black now for sure...

Havn't checked in on this for a while... Lookin good Reckon it could use a cowl for the pillion seat though...

quote:Originally posted by RUSS M8

Havn't checked in on this for a while... Lookin good Reckon it could use a cowl for the pillion seat though...
    I was just doing a Google search for seat cowls about an hour ago Russ, fairdinkum [:0]

I bought a ZX6 cowl off EBAY a while back which doesn't quite fit right (it was advertised as a ZX9 / ZX6 cowl, but there are subtle differences), and also it's a bolt on one (not a latch type). I want a latch one because I need regular / easy access to the underseat for the coolant overflow and to disable the remote ignition.

I found this one:

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/TARGA_SOLO...LIME_GREEN.htm

which appears to be a latch on jobbie - does anyone know if there are any other cowls that are latch on? I think the Pyramid Plastics and Rencullen are both bolt on??

Weekend Warrior
    i picked one of these same lights from ebay some where in the uk they cost me around $120 australian bit worried about how they would look but seeing them on a bike looks fantastic in my opinion but i think ill by modifiying the brackets to they seem abit dodgy looking now i know what they will look like on my zx6r

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    nice job.

i see on other pics of your fighter, you'v mounted the catch bottle beside the rad.
    could you explain which pipes go where?
    i fancy doing the same thing...

Hey Sparky,

I did the same thing with my bike. I had two tubes going into the bottle. Drilled 2 holes into the lid leaving the bottle whole. The pipe leading from the radiator goes into the bottle till about an inch or so from bottom of bottle, but the second tube is the run off/overflow so that tube doesnt enter the bottle too much.

Hope this helps.

Jarrod

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    ok, cheers for the info.

Also the top hose from under the radiator cap is the overflow hose - the 2nd hose goes to the carbs for de-icing duties (just in case you try and cut the wrong hose)

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    thanks, i hope to get it done, soon as i find a way to mount the new bottle

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678