Thread: Acewell speedo hook up???

Acewell speedo hook up???

Hi there guys it has been a while since I have made a post so just a quick introduction again.
    My name is Kade and I love my bikes as you all soo, I have been riding for just a bit over a yeah now and am hoping to finish my Kawasaki GPX 750r streetfighter build soon so I can use it to go for my r class liscence, I am having a bit of an issue now though, I bought an acewell speedo and dash combo and have most of it hooked up now but I need to find the best way to fit the magnetic bolt to my wheel and where to put the sensor for it, any help you legends of the bike world could give me would be really appreciated.

Cheers Kade

Weekend Warrior
    Not sure about Acewell but Trailtech ( trailtech.net ) usually give you a magnetic bolt to replace one of the bolts that hold the disc on the wheel, The sensor should fit on the fork leg with the required clearance to pickup the magnet each revolution (that should be mentioned in the instructions?)

Do you have the Acewell instructions?>
    http://www.acewell-meter.com/download.php
    Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 29-12-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Cheers mate, I shall have a check right now and see how she goes

RevHead
    i made a little alloy bracket down near the bottom of my rh fork leg,for the pic up, and the mounted the magnet in one of the rivets in my disc

Do you have any pics by any chance???

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I drilled and tapped the rear brake disc to mount the magnet and Araldited the pick up to the rear brake hanger. Works perfectly and is barely noticeable.

Same, Magnet on the rear disc and drilled the carrier for the pick up

Only thing I found was that I had to put a plug in the wire to assist when changing the tyre
    Last edited by Yella; 29-12-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

And FYI the pick-up wire / lead is just a normal 2 wire lead (not shielded or any other voodoo) so you can cut it and extend / shorten as you please.

And make sure the magnet runs over one of the 2 lines on the sensor, not in between them or else you'll get dodgy readings.

I did the same but to my front wheel instead.