Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: project dirt fighter gsx1100g

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    duke quad , now thats cool , you have it done for the next round 16th of feb ???

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    shit will be close waitin on parts and some machining but looks hopeful

cool , just got tyres ordered today motorcycle masters sat for fit up , then next week concentrate on getting the carbs unsiezed and running well , on with the flat black paint then hold it flat in the sand

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    ill give you $50 bucks if you paint it pink

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

fuck no

Don't think of it as pink, if anyone asks you call the colour 'labia' lol

to help people with the "labia" colour maning i could rub fish all over it before the meeting , charge people money to lick the tank

Thumbs up

rigthio update , so some of you seen the pic on faceplant and she has turned out pretty angry looking

so seat base made of ex streetsign ali , and held down buy the finest of quality teks then foamed up by a ex-kneel pad , then muffler mounted up and linkpipe made up for 20 bucks

then i made up some spacers to lift the bars so controls can clear the tank a bit better on full lock and also to drop the tripples down the forks abit as after putting the rear shock with a bit more length the side stand is way to short by lots and even after this it was sketchy putting it on it , the forks on this have a plenty of angle to them and length

next tyres , 110/100/18 for the front and its massive so much so it lifted the bike even more making the side stand useless so ill have to make one even longer , front gaurd got a massive internal chop and was lifted 30mm

rear was 130/90/17 and was a stretch for the 4.5 inch rim and doesnt leave alot of room at the front at the brace
    but it was the biggest i could get , put heavy duty tubes in but no tube locks this ment drilling holes in the rim , but i think if i run higher tyre pressures it shouldnt spin the tyre on the rim

and these tyres are dot rated for the road at $115 a piece cheap !!!
    all that was left in the looks department was the ugly area under the seat where the coil is so i scored some cx500 side covers whilst i was at motor cycles plus getting the tyres a bit bulky at first so i cut em up now i reckon they look mint

all up im happy how she looks , prob wouldnt have made a bad road fight project really , now to paint the panels and get those carbys out to give em a clean out

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    that was quick ... when you getting it dirty?
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

16th of feb is race day but i want a test day before hand , hopefully in the next few weeks

RevHead
    have you thought about bark buster ,just in case it falls down ,or have you got spare ,levers!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    and some fuckin stilts!

haha funny you say that coz im a pretty tall 5ft fuck all , im just hopping there is some ruts to run it in haha

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    yea it might look a bit camp going to the line with ya own milk crate.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    looking good scotty

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

RevHead
    id be out on the bush tracks with it ,i like it lots ,grunt to spare ,

Nice job Hyo - that thing looks fuckin tough.

cheers fellas shes coming along well , update

shes at home now coz the boss was cracking the shits about it being at work , so i started the paint work , traditional flat black , painted up the rad sheild , top clamp and such

next take the carbs off for strip down , stunk of old fuel i wasnt looking forward to what was inside but it actually wasnt bad only drama being the fuel bowl breather link pipe but was able to get one from suzuki was a in stock part 20 bucks , put the carbs back on today plumbed up some fuel no leaks lucky me , got it running not fantastic at first bit of popping and such , standard setup has 120 mains , but the mixture screw any ideas where to start im at 1 and a half out runs okay and idles now

polished up the old formula muffler came up pretty good considering how bad it was

lastly the fuel tank , filled with rust and unable to get another for love nor reasonable money , had thought to gut it and put a fuel cell under it but i thought ill try a tank sealer kit , kbs make one 3 part thing , tank cleaner , etching compound and the paint/sealer , the tank was rusty as f$ck and had a couple of holes , cleaner got rid of the old fuel varnish and the etcher fark me the rust disappeared but bought out more holes , could have drained spagetti in it , then in went the sealer poured out the holes so i taped over them so hopefully it seals her up 4 days to dry and it said no solvent will clean it up after it dries , is true i cant get it off my hands , should have used the gloves supplied haha
    after etch

after sealer

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I like it. Coming along well mate

If it is popping it sounds lean. Pull the choke out and if it cleans up its lean

ASF Premium Full Member
    Cool, should be suitably scary to ride on dirt!

Probably only weight the worst thing ??????

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast