Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: project dirt fighter gsx1100g

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

project dirt fighter gsx1100g

so i got the gsx1100g as a swap for a bunky ute i had plans were to get it on the road and ride it or flog it off but i have changed my mind i dont really want any more regos , so the plans for it are to go dirt drag racing , there is a track not far from mine and there a few more not far away plus the fact i have bulk flat paddocks to practice in it should be fun , so the bike is a less than desireable starting point dirt dosent descriminate against ugly , but the wheelbase is long , weight is fat , but the 1100 oily should pull like a train in the dirt , down sides are its a shaft drive so i cant really play with gearing so ill just have to deal with that

the bike , will get a full strip lights, controls, wiring , parts ill flog to the wreckers and such

plenty of room in the width of the swingarm being shafty so ill get a good sized mx tyre in there , i was thinking a paddle tyre but not being able to change the gearing i reckon it will bog on the line but this is something ill ask a few guys doing it what there experience has been , only drama might be is the cross brace but a bit of cut and shutting it shouldnt be a problem

lucky for me our apprentice at work bought in a couple of tail plastics for me his step dad left in the shed when he took off im not sure exactly what there off the green one looks to be kz z gpz ish the other im not sure but it reminds me of a xr flattracker style but ill use the green one , chop the subframe off make a new one that will save me a heap of weight the tail is huuuge

a few other bit ive got , drag bars , the old headlight of the vfr though the light wont work and indicators gone

now question for the suzi fans out there , these carbs i want to bin the airbox so what do i need to do to these carbs to make it run right , jet the shite out of it ??

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Just convert it to chain. Base motor is the same as Gsxr and it as chain drive can't be to hard.

Just get a factory pro stage 3 jet kit and jet to there recommendation. Will get you in the ball park

cheers deano , i get looking , as for chain well ill see , this is budget as so ill try it first as shaft

Nice looks like fun, I will be keeping an eye on this
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

rightio got stuck into it today stripped her down and got into it , took a heap of gear off and a pile of weight bars swapped light swapped , need to chop the subframe off but the frame isnt all that pretty but i should make some reasonable

im planning a stumpy tail i think i like the look of the green one better , what ya reacon

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Yep go the green one.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    http://www.conti-online.com/generato...tkc_80_en.html

Was thinking bout buying some of these for my cbr and trying this shit out aswell looks fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmohawk View Post
    Yep go the green one.
    Rodger that!

Looks mint

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    http://www.conti-online.com/generato...tkc_80_en.html

Was thinking bout buying some of these for my cbr and trying this shit out aswell looks fun!
    Looks like a good option , a tyre groover ot air saw to take out every second row of knobbies would make it Nice and agressive for the drags, without quite the traction of a paddle tyre to.

RevHead
    you might want to not shorten the tail to much ,as you will end up with mud all under your helmet ,and up your back!

looked at those conti tyres as there is f$ck all out there for a 17 inch rim but i have found some aggressive ones and are avalible from a wholesaler here in perth but they wont sell to the public but after some asking around i found a agent in northam so he is going to look into it for me

so i took it to work to cut it up and change out the rear shock that pretty much just was a spring it was rooted , slipped it out took it and all the old body panels dash and seat down to motorcycle masters and swaped it all for a 88 gsxr750 rear shock and some new grips so no dollars spent
    next was chop off the sub was kinda rusty in there and suprisingly thin walled , so in the theme of no dollars spent i found some box tube (rough i know) at work but round tube to box tube ya cant even tell LOL them on goes the seat , so to make a seat pad now fill in the bottom of the ducktail and pete dirt up me back is going to the least of my concerns

Last edited by hyofighter; 04-01-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Looking good Scotty, you'll just have to lay on the tank to keep the dirt out of the back of your helmet.....lol

ill just go faster than the dirt

Quote Originally Posted by hyofighter View Post
    ill just go faster than the dirt
    Thats the way
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    fuck thats looking cool

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    looking like fun in the mud have fun mate

Thats fukn ace Scotty, ya should have a ball on the dirt drags mate, damn it looks like fun

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    thats the shit scotty am bildin something also a 1000 sports classic duc quad for the same shitClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20130109_92.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	3299

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130109_92.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	3300hey scotty looks the shit have started one also but with 4 wheels

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    oops