Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: project dirt fighter gsx1100g

Weekend Warrior
    looking good mate

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Judt needs a bright rainbow paintjob
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Fuck she looks mean now Scotty, real good.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    dig the paddle when is the season starting

not sure hypo , they announced the other day dates would be up soon , kal is having a open day soon too id been keen to atteend

Right back on to the wench

so season is back on again starting last month with westdale rock run by the jokers MC is always a good event plenty of bike and competition but not a lot of track time , only getting 5 runs in for the day and having never used the paddle I was unsure on how it would go , first run out I took it easy seeing checking the track and seeing how the tyre went with speed , all was good so I lined up for a practice run , with the mx tyre it launched easy with WOT in 2nd so I tried that at first and this was a no too much grip combined with larger rolling diameter maybe but it just about stalled her on the line

first qualifier was 1st gear but not game to go WOT in fear of a flip or something but instead she went sideways heading for the wall but still managed to hunt down the Harley

next run after being told to harden up and told that more throttle so she can cut her own line not run someone elses I went for it and what do ya know she hooks up well and farks off quick that paddle is awesome

third qualifier was a shitty run on my behalf getting flogged by a gixxer 1100 water job but shit happens , some good ruts in the start line but that usually aids in a good leave but don't know maybe im just too slow

so last run was knock out and I ran against class winner and he just left me behind but she has got some go that thing putting me on the trailer and sending me home

but I was happy last time at the track there it ran 9.5 at 75mph and this time I went 8.9 at 77mph so not much in the top end speed but im definitely getting off the line faster the paddle was impressive but was still getting use to it

couple of other vids from the weekend

Last edited by hyofighter; 05-11-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Last weekend was the first round of beverly tractor pull and dirt drags , normally this track is hard so I took the mx tyre with me just incase , not a lot of people there this round as they ran it at the same time as Northampton dirt drags which usually gets all the big guns and heaps of familys with kids hogging the track and is spose to be a good weekend apart from the cops and anti bikie crap

so beverly brings out some contraptions too check this thing out , sigma 2.6 and auto , not content with the silliness he added a turbo and not only that check out the "clutch" lever its hooked to the wastegate arm pull the cable low boost let her off high boost WTF how does it even run with a blow through setup like that but it went for a bit before blowing the head gasket or cracking the head but a quick trip to town for a bottle of chemi weld and she was up and running for the rest of the day and reasonably quick

and here is his father inlaws sr500 powered trike , nice work on the rear end and I didn't think it would have enough power but it was enough to snap a cv shaft , another trip to town to use a welder and he was back out there

tractors everywhere mostly ford powered (shitboxes) and one unit there with 2000hp that didn't even know it had weight behind it

so the drags went well trench picking up 2nd for the day losing to the always quick R1 but he was well impressed in the traction I was getting that he had to be on his game a few times , had plenty of runs all day and got some real fun out of that paddle that thing is awesome hooks up real well and with the addition of a 50/50 shandy of 98and avgas she had a bit more go about here too , so much fun this thing had a ball all day and she never missed a beat

here is all the runs I had filmed

finals run losing to the R1

and old mate terry mister jumpstart on the vrod , well he broke his bike so he flagged and we all filled him in with dirt haha

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Lookin good Scotty, looks like fun
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

a few snaps from the photographer at the last meeting at beverly

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456