Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: single side swing arm wanted

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    weigth bias so as to upset the way it turns in ............. now i think i have heard it all
    maybe it is time for us old boys that grew up in a time before computers and the web
    to just step aside and realise that we can never know as much as those with google at thier disposal.

ASF Basic Full Member
    you kunts are funny as. i've heard the vfr750 is the easiest to fit as the are the narrowest and require less machining etc. I'm just throwing it out there to see whats laying about in peoples sheds eh.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    one of my mates has a complete polished vfr800 arm complete with everything in my shed he may want to sell but they are pretty wide

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    yeah its real funny when your not one of the ones getting rarked up.... hehe

or you could get two SSSA and mount the 2nd onto the front make a cool front that way the weight is ballanced to the left and right !!
    huh huh up there for thinking!!!!

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBI View Post
    or you could get two SSSA and mount the 2nd onto the front make a cool front that way the weight is ballanced to the left and right !!
    huh huh up there for thinking!!!!
    You Sir are a thunking man, better get a patient on that before someone builds it and takes the motorcycle world to the next level.

Still got my SSSA for sale. Every body else is wrong SSSA arms are the dogs bollocks and I know this to be a FACT cause I want to sell mine

Blog Entries
    What kind of patient were you thinking of Ivan? Mental?

Blog Entries
    Be quite appropriate around here recently !

Haha .. yeah I spell good don't I .. I knew what I meant that's all that matters

Weekend Warrior
    Geez thought I was a whinging pom, Tony & Lboy, You's need to fucking calm down a bit, Your in Australia, The sun is shining, Well a lot more than England anyway & Its only a swingarm so what if it weighs more on one side, Might be the reason why Ducati put the battery on the right side level with the swingarm?
    Low post count & lack of experience in here = no knowledge I spose I will just ask & you's can answer

Ozzy, Weight bias I thought is the front/rear weight? I was talking about the left right weight of the bike (balance), If that does not matter then we can all ride to the bottle shop & strap a carton on the left footpeg & ride home taking corners (Especially left) at full speed, Or when cornering at speed just put all the weight on the inside peg if balanced weight does not matter?

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    i dont think 2 grams would do that maybe 2 kg

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Post count means nothing to me, I you say something I disagree with I'll say so. That goes for everyone not just you and other low post count people.

Calm down hey, I think you'll find that I'm one of the most easy going people you'll meet.
    It's ok to be wrong bud, I was wrong once... back in 1986 I think but everyone does.

ASF Basic Full Member
    i thought this thread was about looking for a swing arm?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINJAINOZ View Post
    Low post count & lack of experience in here = no knowledge I spose
    Not at all.

There are some VERY smart members who rarely post.
    Steve Burns for one springs to mind.

Personaly when I have folk like Latheboy, Turbokat and Ozzy1100
    pissing themself at me giving advice, I think i'd be questioning it a little.

Blog Entries
    take yr head out yr ass old boy
    low post count means you dont have the history of people (tk lathe etc) and understand that they have done more than you can imagine and that if they have a diff opp there norm is a fucking good reason these two blokes are not idiots.
    and please dont try and use semantics to undermine the piont i was makeing and then try and use examples to make you look like you know what the fuck you are talking about.
    Yes of course wieght bias (and yes i use bias as it is a generic term) has a impact on the way a bike turns
    now im shore you as i have spent the time to look at a sssa
    myself i thought that the ofset hub and wheel spokes along with the design would mean the ofset wieght would be on the small side.
    its the same as people not long ago talking about how there is slitly more flow out of bmc or f/n air filters on bikes with close to 200 hp... a intresting topic but at the end of the day meaning less in the real world.
    now if you had of said to me about stuctural integrity of said arm in consideration to flex through a vertical flex plane from one side to the other well now you talking
    wieght offset by a lever angle works as a lever same wieght close to pivot(center line of bike) has a lot less force than one more away.

Weekend Warrior
    Yes I agree Rod & mentioned the same thing that it would not be that significant, 2 grams nah, Maybe somewhere in between the numbers you posted? & weight balance does matter does it not?
    Years & years of research & development by race teams, Engineers & manufacturers & they dont worry about evenly distributing weight when a bike is designed & built?

Your long history of always being correct Lboy clearly proves a single sided swingarm has perfectly balanced weight

Fair enough Tony, A rational reply with explanations rather than just swear words would suffice, I have/had (not sure?) respect for those who post lots of good stuff in here including the names you posted & you even seem/ed like a decent bloke but I dont just go assuming people are this & that without knowing them & run them down for utter shit, Just makes you's look like know it all's, We are all still learning aren't we or were some here born with the expert streetfighter building knowledge?

Blog Entries
    btw tony steve burns is god.......

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Get 2 SSSA's. Cut one off, turn it over. Weld onto the 1st SSSA, Then you'll have a SSSA on either side.

Weight distribution sorted. Simple really.

You guys crack me up.

ASF Basic Full Member
    my right foot is bigger than the left so with sssa and my mutant right toe, i'll be ok

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast