Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what is registerable in AUZ?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Definitely stayin out of this one. And then the argument started.
    Hey Jinx,how many dramas you had with your piece of shit KTM??
    With my piece of shit 690SMR,I did 15000ks on mine,and the fucking thing cost me a fortune in petrol,and oil,for the oil changes I did. The only thing that went wrong with mine,I got a tiny bit of foggy moisture on the inside of my dash,and that's only if I road in pouring rain for ages! Damn piece of shit it was!
    I know afew with 30000+ks that got raced and commuted by blokes that no doubt could run rings around old revhead,&same,basic/normal maintenance
    Yep Pete,they're all pieces of shit.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Nick. Bit of moisture in the dash and replaced under warranty. Nothing else has gone wrong.
    I knew about the dash problem, read all the road tests and loitered around the KTM forums before I bought it. At $10K on the road it was a bargain for what I want which is a quick flick through the tight twisty shit at Mount Mee, Bellthorpe and Peachester Ranges. For anything else I've got the Triumph.
    A German bike magazine had a new 2007 690SM and thrashed it for 50,000klm which is way harder than anything we are going to do. When it was stripped down there was next to fuck all wear, nothing wrong with it and good for another 50,000klm. Not bad for a 650cc single.

http://www.motorradonline.de/dauerte...-690-sm/269735
    Last edited by Jinx; 18-11-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Jeez......those KTMs sound shit Jinx!
    The bloke that bought my bike has done 20000ks since he bought it,so the bikes done bout 40k total now,and the only issue he had was something minor with the fuel pump I think??
    Yeah,I'd steer clear from this shit brand.....every bike they build is a grenade....

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    I'm I really considering this???????

http://www.justauto.com.au/justbikes...tem_position=0

I'm I really considering this???????

Anyone owned one? What are they like? How often will I have to do that valve shit!

RevHead
    ive owned one very quick single,wheelie good fun,i checked the clearances,every 2k changed the oil every 500 kilometres, and cleaned the filter every ride, mine was mainly bush riding, city oil changes and filter maintenance you could stretch to 1k once youve ridden a berg ,youl never go orange .

Yeah...listen to Pete,he's an expert....coz he's owned one.

Bottom end bearings were fairly prone to fuck up on these.....i know afew people were pulling the engines down and putting in the same bottom end bearings KTMs run to be on the safe side,i considered doing it to mine after all the stories i heard.
    That bike you listed looks flash,but thats only coz it's got 07-08 plastics on it. Starter motors on these are pretty ordinary aswell.......i know mine was...and apparently it was common with them.

Also......its just an FE,whch is and enduro bike whith 17s on it.
    It also is just running a little disc,and if you ride real hard on the road,or do some trackdays,you'll find you'll boil the brakes and have the lever come to the bars with nothing there......and the suspension will be soft as fuck....it'll be aweful to ride unless springs and valving has been done.
    Last edited by nick76; 18-11-2012 at 04:07 PM.

RevHead
    10000k on 2004 fe501e, stator rewind
    22000k on an 2005 fe450e,water pump
    7500k on an 2006 fe550e ,not one problem
    7900k on an 2008 fe650e ,not one problem
    these were bought brand new ,mate and i went on a lot of Husaberg junkets and invited rides with Husaberg

i bought a brand new 2006 ktm525 800k on the clock, blown head gasket ,i also found a hair/line fracture of the thermostat housing this was a $14700 new motor bike ,ktm wouldnt honour there warranty,
    2007 ktm640, brand new ,1000ks down the road stator shit its self ,ktm refuses to honour warranty,fixedstato ,every 2nd ride bike had to bought home in a trailer ,
    KTM are rubbish ,this makes you upset Nick ,hey you ride around a city ,on tar ,we use our dirt bikes up here for what the are meant to be used for ,GO TO THE ktm DEALER UP HERE AND YOU WILL SEE ABOUT 6 YRS OF USED AND NEW ktms BLOWN MOTORS,ETC ETC , the list of problems with the latte set is to long to list ,so yes, I HAVE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT I WANT ABOUT THIS THREAD ,EXPERT NO ,PERSONAL EXPERIENCE YES!

and by the way there was a problem with the 1st shipment of 2005 bergs into the country with a lack of oil getting the the big end ,but at least husberg fitted brand new motors to almost all of the bikes under warranty for free
    Last edited by RevHead; 18-11-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Obviously your KTM dealer doesn't look after you,or like you,which wouldn't surprise me.
    I've had a quiet afew,my mates have had more,I've never had a drama with any of them....and im not brand loyal....and i don't live in the city....i do bush aswell,i actually use my bikes for what they are intended for.....did years of it.....cock breath.
    Im talking from experience,,,,,,,,as,,,,well,,,,,and bergs,,,,,, have NEVER had a reputation as a reliable bike,,,,,,,KTM are happy to experiment,,,,,with the Bergs,,,,,,,,,,,,,so not to fuck KTMs branding.

Go buy some Berg parts......they come in KTM packaging! They are just blue KTMs.

Back to your inside scoop of Honda owning WP? Just uneducated crap.
    Or 900+ KTMs are ok? Have you owned one? My superduke is one of my top 3 road bike i'd ever owned.....but if i was a horsepower or straightline tosser like some here...it wouldn't be in my top 20,or 30.....its only as fast as a dirt bike with 17s.

So you've had 4 Bergs and next to no problems in all those Ks......you have the world record for berg ownership!!!
    I'll make you a trophy for it!!

I've had the same with awesomeness with KTM,and not just me......quiet afew others i know.......shit ey.
    KTM and Yamaha was all that was ridden down my way for years when i was into it.....and the only time things got trailered,was when people hurt themselves,or fucked something by crashing.

But when you talk shit about how they are slow.....please,,,,,,,there is fuck all between any bikes in the same class/size....

Anyway...thas all i got to say....we all know your gods gift to motorcycling. bwahahahahahaha,,,,,hahaha,,,,,hahah

RevHead
    thats ok Nick , your my hero.
    oh i dont have problem with any other brand of motorbike ,just ktm because there garbage!
    Last edited by RevHead; 18-11-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: bc im happy for somene to like ktm so long as its not me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitzy View Post
    XR250 All The Way Baby... slow and steady wins the race boys lol..

That looks nice Gity, bet ya can throw that around.

Hmmm seems to be a little difference of opinions here.....

what i can confirm after a breif ride yesterday is that the DRZ400sm, should be melted back down and turned into can openers!!!
    what an underpowered pice of shit! even after the 4K of bolt-on's it had! i have had more fun on my Mrs's YZ80.

GITZY that dosent look too bad for an old AG bike.... i have a date with a 02' XR650R this weekend.....
    throw a set of CR forks on like this one and it could be a go-er!

RevHead
    i owned an xr650r ,same 02 model, good super reliable ,i put 17000k on mine before i sold it.

thanks Pete, sounds reassuring.... is the engine gonna impress me?

i think i have narrowed it down to a few 4 bangers.... (i know turbo!) as i just cant be fuked engine swapping, then working suspension, then spending another 2K+ on motard wheels etc....

but as 4 bangers arnt in my knodlege base i would love your opionions!

option 1: factory motard, electric start, WP susp....
    http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automo...er=TP005466310

option 2: also a factory motard, not sure if its elec start , marzocchi susp...
    http://www.bikesales.com.au/dealer/d...92FD8&__Nne=15

option 3: she's a dirtbike...elec start, WP susp but may not be road tuned?
    Last edited by kiwi kdx; 19-11-2012 at 11:27 AM.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Since you're looking at 4 strokes, I just posted my KTM640SM up for sale for $4500. electric and kickstart.
    more titanium than my bike

It doesn't get any easier than that.

Ok so option 2 is out, love the bike, great size for me, but they have an ignition switch and no key.......
    How Fukien stupid is that!

ASF Premium Full Member
    Don't worry about the first 3 options, when option 4 (mine) has 2 keys.
    more titanium than my bike

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Not hard to put a key'ed switch on.

Quote Originally Posted by RevHead View Post
    thats ok Nick , your my hero
    No Pete,i keep a low profile here.
    You're everyones hero....the whole Rep Power thing from a year ago told us all what we already knew.
    plus the burning of ASF shirts when you figured out no one wanted to listen to your shit....plus the ASF bagging on FB...plus the trying to bullshit Pappas that your a mechanical engineer........plus.....plus.....plus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123