Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is registerable in AUZ?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

what is registerable in AUZ?

hey guys, im looking at building a motard to have a play with in the weekend, but still not exactlly sure how things work over here....

ideally what i want to create is a KX500/CR500 in a late modle KXF/CRF frame I know RMX'S and KDX"S are road regable.

or even just a 500 2-smoke would do... Why 2 stroke???

COZ 4 STROKE DIRT BIKES ARE GAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO GAY, EVEN THE HOMO'S WONT RIDE THEM!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CR500-Hon...item4d06c81ca0

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CR5...item19d6a5332f

but my question is can anything with a compliance plate be fully road reg?

im guessing if it has no compliance plate, its a no go for reg at all?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    The frame needs a compliance plate.
    If you're dead keen on a big bore 2 smoke street motard..........your only real option is buying a CR500E,and motard it.
    You'll be doing well if you can find one under 10K,plus the motard kit ontop of that,ends up being an expensive exercise.
    The CR500E was basically the last batch of CR500s to be brought into Australia,which Honda complied with a basic lighting kit,so they could sell them,as the 4 strokes killed off the 2 stroke sales. Back in the day,i think Honda were selling them for 8K new!!

Or a cheaper option,would be to find a crappy old KTM380,and motarding it. You could probably get away with that for about 5-6K rego'd if you find bits at the right prices???
    A KTM380EXC has a compliance plate,so you could probably pick one up for not much,maybe aslittle as 2.5-3K,then...... a motard set up with wheels,Big front disc,and caliper adaptor,can be had for 1-1.5K,then all your rego costs on top of that?
    The 380's were last brought into the country...i think 02/03,so they're getting abit old,and probably need a freshen up???
    Last edited by nick76; 15-11-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    or you could get yourself a service honda

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Can't rego a Service Honda.....

i see.... i had thought of the 380 as ive seen a few of them around for cheap or i did see an old 550 thats just begging for a transplant....

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi kdx View Post

COZ 4 STROKE DIRT BIKES ARE GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are now officially off my Christmas card list... fuckin Sheep shaggin, Jandal wearin, Bro sayin, Chully Bun havin Motherfucker!

I dunno how they do things in the land of the Wrong White Crowd, but in the 'Strayan bush... DIESELS FUCKING RULE !

Get yourself a ride on a Husaberg FE/FS 650 & then tell us all again about how 4 strokes are no good.

Mumble, mutter... fuckin Kiwis come into MY fuckin Country & try to force their twisted 2 stroke beliefs on us... Fuckers... who the fuck calls a Milk Bar a Dairy anyway... it's a fucking Milk Bar! & don't get me started on that fucking Speights shit... fucking Goat piss...fuckin Sheep fuckers...mumble mutter.

Forget getting a complianced frame and shoe horning a big stroker motor into it too.... The fines and grief for running a non-complianced engine can be rather hefty.....

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    You can get road registerable CR/YZ250 strokers that could be made to fit your 500cc stroker fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by K6Thou View Post
    Forget getting a complianced frame and shoe horning a big stroker motor into it too.... The fines and grief for running a non-complianced engine can be rather hefty.....
    Correct....thats why the 500E and 380EXC are pretty much your only real options for a big bore smoker motard.
    Unless you go real oldskool.....but i think the prices of those old bikes are going up coz of the VMX guys!

With a Haga-san race kit even a humble DR-650 is a fucking weapon, even without suspension mods. If ya wanna know how to hot one up check out the advrider forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nick76 View Post
    Unless you go real oldskool.....but i think the prices of those old bikes are going up coz of the VMX guys!
    There are a few around......
    http://www.ddr.net.au/node/1612 This could be fun if it was built properly.

You are now officially off my Christmas card list... fuckin Sheep shaggin, Jandal wearin, Bro sayin, Chully Bun havin Motherfucker!

I dunno how they do things in the land of the Wrong White Crowd, but in the 'Strayan bush... DIESELS FUCKING RULE !

Get yourself a ride on a Husaberg FE/FS 650 & then tell us all again about how 4 strokes are no good.

Mumble, mutter... fuckin Kiwis come into MY fuckin Country & try to force their twisted 2 stroke beliefs on us... Fuckers... who the fuck calls a Milk Bar a Dairy anyway... it's a fucking Milk Bar! & don't get me started on that fucking Speights shit... fucking Goat piss...fuckin Sheep fuckers...mumble mutter.
    oh common Turbo you cant tell me you like riding a massive 900+kg, wollowing...

STOP!!!! i just need to adjust my valve clerances.....

slow turning, valve dropping, rattly cam chain, armchair, that when you twist the throttle.......

HANG ON!!!! its valve clerance time again......

the power comes on like a Massey Ferguson.... slow... and steady.......

WHATS THAT A RIVER CROSSING??? ok just let me adjust my valve clerances first!

stupid ass "smooth power curve" fuken that bullshit!

mmmm nom nom nom!!!!

this looks like fun too.......

Maybe i could handle a 4 banger on the sealed stuff... but ill never fuken admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by bladehunter View Post
    With a Haga-san race kit even a humble DR-650 is a fucking weapon, even without suspension mods. If ya wanna know how to hot one up check out the advrider forum.
    Most motards are weapons,i've owned afew......but the 650 is a 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by K6Thou View Post
    There are a few around......
    http://www.ddr.net.au/node/1612 This could be fun if it was built properly.
    Yep,the prices are going up.....but I'd still rather a 380,and available for less than that....and motard parts are far more easier to get a hold of

im happy to get an engineers report if have to

RZ350/ WR......... ow or a RG500 in an RMX maybe... or am i getting silly now?

Last edited by kiwi kdx; 15-11-2012 at 10:18 AM.

im happy to get an engineers report if have to

RZ350/ WR......... ow or a RG500 in an RMX maybe... or am i getting silly now?

Nowt wrong with being silly mate, in fact an ASF requirement.

or a Banshee engined Yammy motard.....

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turbokat View Post
    you are now officially off my christmas card list... Fuckin sheep shaggin, jandal wearin, bro sayin, chully bun havin motherfucker!

I dunno how they do things in the land of the wrong white crowd, but in the 'strayan bush... Diesels fucking rule !

Get yourself a ride on a husaberg fe/fs 650 & then tell us all again about how 4 strokes are no good.

mumble, mutter... Fuckin kiwis come into my fuckin country & try to force their twisted 2 stroke beliefs on us... Fuckers... Who the fuck calls a milk bar a dairy anyway... It's a fucking milk bar! & don't get me started on that fucking speights shit... Fucking goat piss...fuckin sheep fuckers...mumble mutter.
    lmfao!

ASF Premium Full Member
    hey guys, im looking at building a motard to have a play with in the weekend, but still not exactlly sure how things work over here....

ideally what i want to create is a KX500/CR500 in a late modle KXF/CRF frame I know RMX'S and KDX"S are road regable.

or even just a 500 2-smoke would do... Why 2 stroke???

COZ 4 STROKE DIRT BIKES ARE GAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO GAY, EVEN THE HOMO'S WONT RIDE THEM!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CR500-Hon...item4d06c81ca0

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CR5...item19d6a5332f

but my question is can anything with a compliance plate be fully road reg?

im guessing if it has no compliance plate, its a no go for reg at all?
    my brother has done this and does bikes for customers give motorcycle crash repairs a call 0393105333 ask for Troy or what about a yamaha tdr 250

i will do, where is he based?

the TDR is still a bit small for what i want... dam ugly too haha!

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    oh common Turbo you cant tell me you like riding a massive 900+kg, wollowing...

STOP!!!! i just need to adjust my valve clerances.....

slow turning, valve dropping, rattly cam chain, armchair, that when you twist the throttle.......

HANG ON!!!! its valve clerance time again......

the power comes on like a Massey Ferguson.... slow... and steady.......

WHATS THAT A RIVER CROSSING??? ok just let me adjust my valve clerances first!

stupid ass "smooth power curve" fuken that bullshit!

mmmm nom nom nom!!!!

this looks like fun too.......

Maybe i could handle a 4 banger on the sealed stuff... but ill never fuken admit it!

Fuck me kiwi, You got a bit of a phobia there mate!!

Ive had a cr500 and ktm300, my current bike is yzf450 and i love it and its lighter to ride then the cr500 was. in saying that im gettin old and dont need to ride fast anymore so the next bike will be a 2 stroke ktm 300 or AF cr500 made outa a 2010 crf450. just cause i miss that sound and smell!
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast