Thread: Turbo Triumph Speed Triple on the dyno.

Weekend Warrior

Turbo Triumph Speed Triple on the dyno.

Here are a few clips on my turbo Speed Triple on the dyno.

Testing out boost to gear ratio for progressive boost control, 1st gear starts at 2psi, 2nd is 4psi and so on. All the ECU and 2bar mapping is with the OEM ECU no need for a piggyback boost controller, launch control, progressive boost mapping and dyno work was done by Wayne McDonald at TuneBoy's workshop in Sydney.

http://youtu.be/ekqGpe0cLy0

http://youtu.be/Qsp_vySOxWY

http://youtu.be/DTFU2VMsHRg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3850.jpg  

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    wow that looks angry

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    That's nice, can you post a pic of the graph with the AFR and power?
    AFR V's Boost?

Did you get the snap shot files?

Seems like the "Stabilise time" was at 4 or 5 seconds, be careful with it being that long. Turbo motors don't like that, I run the stab time at 2 seconds for mine.

You do get full boost earlier on though with 4 seconds, so bigger power earlier.

must keep money for uk trip .....must keep money for uk trip..fuk it must buy turbo for speedy

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    That's nice, can you post a pic of the graph with the AFR and power?
    AFR V's Boost?

Did you get the snap shot files?

Seems like the "Stabilise time" was at 4 or 5 seconds, be careful with it being that long. Turbo motors don't like that, I run the stab time at 2 seconds for mine.

You do get full boost earlier on though with 4 seconds, so bigger power earlier.
    I do have dyno files at Wayne’s place I didn’t save any at the time I had to much stuff to do.
    The Aerocharger turbo is variable vain and you can fine tune it to suit your own needs, I make my turbo kits usable on the road or the race track and don’t care for hard hitting power that is not practical for my application, I’m not drag racing. The YouTube clips are showing the progressive boost control in each gear so I don’t understand your stabilisation comment of 4 to 5 seconds.
    These turbo’s are very easy to change the way they work, change spring will set the boost and turn the grub screw to set how hard or soft you would like the boost to be made. I don’t know if you have worked or used an Aerocharger before but they are very different in the way you can fine tune them and they don’t have or need a waist gate.
    They also have their own oil supply so no pissing about with oil pumps and return feeds.
    I’ve attached a clip so you can see how easy they are to tweak. Having done plenty of Triumph turbo kits with IHI and Garrett turbo’s I would not go back to them after using the Aerocharger.

http://youtu.be/glskvHdukiQ

The 3rd video you linked is a graph run, the stab time is the dyno holding the motor back to let it stabilise (at WOT) before it starts the graphing.

I haven't used one of these changers but will watch the vid with interest.

The "snap shot" files are very interesting, they show Speed, Power, Temp, HS AFR, Vac/Bst and a number of other things for every 2km/h over the complete run.

Example A
    The 4 temps on the right are EGT's in each exhaust port.

Weekend Warrior
    Ahh you’re relating to the load/holding time before it's progressively released. I agree that for the first few pulls it could get nasty, once the correct AFR is achieved I don’t have a problem holding the bike under load at relativelylow boost.
    Dyno Dynic’s are shit hot the way they can hold and set arate that allows for corrective sampling.
    I used the DOS version that was sold last year, worked really well but it was DOS and did my head in.
    I had planned to buy a new DD rather than upgrading the hardware on the dyno.
    The bike was base tuned in less than 10 passes with Wayne’s auto tune program that he uses in TuneBoy. I don't have a piggyback ECU, I usea 2BAR connected to the ECU all the controlling of boost, launch control, cruise control, traction control and three different trim maps that you can change by just pulling in the clutch five times at once to change the maps is all done using the bikes OEM ECU. Wayne changes the secondary air solenoid that is not used as an output, from that you can control anything you like by flagging the command to change the settings in the map once it’s turned on.
    I used this method on a 675 Street Triple to convert a dry N0S kit into a wet one by adding fuel and retarding the ignition at the same time once the supply to the N02 solenoid is engaged. It’s cool stuff that Wayne’s designed for the Triumph range and most European model bikes. He is also almost finished late model Suzuki ECU mapping.
    Last edited by racecomp; 23-10-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Wayne from TuneBoy?

That man is a god, TuneBoy is a fantastic product.

Hold and Stabilise are the same thing, sorry for the confusion.

Good to see people who know what they are doing.

being a novice to turbo bike s how much cash we talking about to get a set up like this on my 1050